DH to the Heat- "never".

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

DH to the Heat- "never".

http://eye-on-basketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/30885831

Funnily enough there's no mention of boston as a destination for DH. Oops, that's right only in boston folks, only in boston.

Lets go big guy, make it official and join the Lake Show and become the next great Laker center!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

Re: DH to the Heat- "never".

Nice read. Dwight will be a Laker within the year. Cool

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

The Lakers have no money, The Magic would prefer the cap space to Bynum and odom. Good luck with that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

Dfury, I think your ignore button must be broken.  Better have someone take a look at it for you. Tongue out

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

In Response to Re: DH to the Heat- "never".:
    The Lakers have no money, The Magic would prefer the cap space to Bynum and odom. Good luck with that.
    Posted by DFURY13

No they wouldn't. The Magic would prefer to trade DH for wheelchair and brick!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

how will the lakers make the trade,

laker nation,

for mr. no means no and I park in handycap spaces bynum or i hit people in odom, can that get dwight howard..

you laker fans are so stupid..you think luke walton can get DH

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

Those two draft picks you can't pronounce the names for should land Howard lol.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

DoctorCO, The Magic will take Bynum for Howard.  Did you not see what happened to Cleveland this past offseason? Talk about stupid. Cool

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

If DH goes to the Lakers for Bynum and Odom, he will realize what a monumental mistake that will turn out to be.  And it really won't make the Lakers any better.

DH will realize that LA has no great young talent around him.  Other than Kobe and Pau, the Lakers would have NO TALENT, period.  They have no PG and Artest has just about worn out his welcome in LA after just two seasons.

And they have NOTHING coming off the bench because Odom was the "X-factor" for LA.  The Steve Blakes, Shannon Browns, Matt Barnes of the world are just not what will put the Lakers over the top again.

The Lakers just cannot match the talent level of Dallas or OKC any longer and it showed in this past season's post season.

And honestly, I'm not so sure it would be a picnic for DH to play with such a strong personality like Kobe.  We're finally seeing the effects of that personality on Pau's game which took a huge dip this past season.

I really don't think teams like Dallas, OKC, Memphis and Portland will worry that much about DH in LA.

Bottom line, LA just doesn't have the talent to be a championship contender any longer.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

If DH goes to the Lakers for Bynum and Odom, he will realize what a monumental mistake that will turn out to be.  And it really won't make the Lakers any better. DH will realize that LA has no great young talent around him.  Other than Kobe and Pau, the Lakers would have NO TALENT, period.  They have no PG and Artest has just about worn out his welcome in LA after just two seasons. And they have NOTHING coming off the bench because Odom was the "X-factor" for LA.  The Steve Blakes, Shannon Browns, Matt Barnes of the world are just not what will put the Lakers over the top again. The Lakers just cannot match the talent level of Dallas or OKC any longer and it showed in this past season's post season. And honestly, I'm not so sure it would be a picnic for DH to play with such a strong personality like Kobe.  We're finally seeing the effects of that personality on Pau's game which took a huge dip this past season. I really don't think teams like Dallas, OKC, Memphis and Portland will worry that much about DH in LA. Bottom line, LA just doesn't have the talent to be a championship contender any longer.
    Posted by Petey62

Great post, Petey.  As an addendum, they no longer have Brown either.  He's opted out of his last year!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Red-16Russ-11, you are correct!  They also lost their most athletic, explosive bench performer (after Odom) in Shannon Brown.  I think the Lakers are going to struggle mightily when a season returns.  The key to all of this is Odom.  Whoever is on the Lakers, if Odom IS NOT, they are doomed.

With no bench, Kobe, Pau and DH (if he does end up in LA) will have to play extended minutes.  As great a player as Kobe is, he is showing signs of that mileage and it's only going to get worse.  Kobe will no longer be able to carry the Lakers on his back.  There are also signs that Pau is not able to consistently carry that burden either as Kobe's "wing man".  And you can bet Fisher or Artest won't make that much of an impact on any success achieved by the Lakers.

Lakers fans will probably not want to admit that we may have seen the passing of the torch in the Western Conference.  I know the Celtics have begun to plan for a future without the Big 3.  I'm not so sure the Lakers are doing the same if their primary hope is to get DH.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

This didn't work out too well for the Fakers 4 years ago.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Pierce does not jump high, maybe Kobe has no more lift.

It looks like Kobe is about to drown in his own shot. lol

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

wherever DH ends up, it's not a lock for a championship.....look at Wilt......it took him years to win a championship and he only won twice in his long career....and Wilt dwarfs DH in overall size and talent.....you need a great team to win....just look at Miami this past season....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Red-16Russ-11, you are correct!  They also lost their most athletic, explosive bench performer (after Odom) in Shannon Brown.  I think the Lakers are going to struggle mightily when a season returns.  The key to all of this is Odom.  Whoever is on the Lakers, if Odom IS NOT, they are doomed. With no bench, Kobe, Pau and DH (if he does end up in LA) will have to play extended minutes.  As great a player as Kobe is, he is showing signs of that mileage and it's only going to get worse.  Kobe will no longer be able to carry the Lakers on his back.  There are also signs that Pau is not able to consistently carry that burden either as Kobe's "wing man".  And you can bet Fisher or Artest won't make that much of an impact on any success achieved by the Lakers. Lakers fans will probably not want to admit that we may have seen the passing of the torch in the Western Conference.  I know the Celtics have begun to plan for a future without the Big 3.  I'm not so sure the Lakers are doing the same if their primary hope is to get DH.
    Posted by Petey62

Dunno if they have or not. Hard to tell.

The C's could easily jump into the DH sweepstakes too.

Pud

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

lakers fan trolls,

otis smith is a SMART GM...HE wont take players straight up...IF its bynumm it would be odom bynum and maybe someone else for howard and a throw in like jj redick..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

lakers fan trolls, otis smith is a SMART GM...HE wont take players straight up...IF its bynumm it would be odom bynum and maybe someone else for howard and a throw in like jj redick..
    Posted by DoctorCO

Otis has said a team would have to take Arenas or Turkoglu if they want Howard.  Of course, all that may change by the deadline (if we have a season).  If the season in cancelled, Howard will NOT be a laker, as he will be UFA!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I would not be surprised if DH decided he DID NOT want to join the Lakers.  When you look at their roster from top to bottom, I cannot imagine what would make him want to play there.  I would not be so sure that "playing with Kobe" is such an enticement.

When you factor in the new post-lockout salary structure, I cannot imagine DH opting out of a $19 milliion salary for that final year.  Don't be surprised if he opts in, gets paid and remains in a position to move on to another team after the 2012/2013 season.  Alot of fans of the Lakers are "praying" he doesn't look at the money he'd lose by opting out after next season. 

And from a basketball standpoint, the "triangle" offense was perfect for the personnel on the Lakers.  If they replace Odom and Bynum with a newly signed DH AND open up their offense (replace the triangle), they will be worse offensively because they would have NO PERIMETER THREAT outside of Kobe.  Kobe isn't a consistent 3-point threat and in his declining state, is less effective attacking the rim.  They would also have nobody, again outside of Kobe, capable of creating his own shot.

The Lakers have nobody on the bench who can contribute and when you add an inconsistent Artest and an almost "done" Fisher, it's going to be hard for the Lakers to score the ball.

I think DH has many more viable options that will be more attractive than relocating to the Lakers.  When you look at LA, it would be more attractive for him to play with the Clippers with that stable of young talent, not the Lakers.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

I would not be surprised if DH decided he DID NOT want to join the Lakers.  When you look at their roster from top to bottom, I cannot imagine what would make him want to play there.  I would not be so sure that "playing with Kobe" is such an enticement. When you factor in the new post-lockout salary structure, I cannot imagine DH opting out of a $19 milliion salary for that final year.  Don't be surprised if he opts in, gets paid and remains in a position to move on to another team after the 2012/2013 season.  Alot of fans of the Lakers are "praying" he doesn't look at the money he'd lose by opting out after next season.  And from a basketball standpoint, the "triangle" offense was perfect for the personnel on the Lakers.  If they replace Odom and Bynum with a newly signed DH AND open up their offense (replace the triangle), they will be worse offensively because they would have NO PERIMETER THREAT outside of Kobe.  Kobe isn't a consistent 3-point threat and in his declining state, is less effective attacking the rim.  They would also have nobody, again outside of Kobe, capable of creating his own shot. The Lakers have nobody on the bench who can contribute and when you add an inconsistent Artest and an almost "done" Fisher, it's going to be hard for the Lakers to score the ball. I think DH has many more viable options that will be more attractive than relocating to the Lakers.  When you look at LA, it would be more attractive for him to play with the Clippers with that stable of young talent, not the Lakers.
    Posted by Petey62

What makes DH wanna join the Lakers? This.....

5 championship rings in this millenium!!!! More than the boston franchise can muster in the last quarter of a century!!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mancie. Show Mancie's posts

Dwight Howard to the Lakers?

As a Lakers fan, that's a gamble I'd gladly take.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Laker-Nation32, that would be a reason THREE YEARS AGO but that means nothing today.  Ask the Dallas Mavericks what effect Kobe and his 5 rings had on that series.  The Celtics won the title in 2008.  The Lakers won it in 2009 and 2010.  That means NOTHING today and will mean even less by the time the lockout ends.

A current roster with no players outside of Kobe and Pau would be more of a factor TODAY than Kobe's 5 rings in the millenium.  As much as you want to remain optimistic, even you cannot refute that fact.

If YOU were DH, all you'd have to do is look at Miami to realize having 3 stars and NOTHING ELSE does not guarantee you anything but second place, at best.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Laker-Nation32, that would be a reason THREE YEARS AGO but that means nothing today.  Ask the Dallas Mavericks what effect Kobe and his 5 rings had on that series.  The Celtics won the title in 2008.  The Lakers won it in 2009 and 2010.  That means NOTHING today and will mean even less by the time the lockout ends. A current roster with no players outside of Kobe and Pau would be more of a factor TODAY than Kobe's 5 rings in the millenium.  As much as you want to remain optimistic, even you cannot refute that fact. If YOU were DH, all you'd have to do is look at Miami to realize having 3 stars and NOTHING ELSE does not guarantee you anything but second place, at best.
    Posted by Petey62

Lmao go ahead and ignore a winning franchise, a winning culture, an owner who will leave no stone un-turned to win championships. Contrast that with boston who until McFale gave away Minny's franchise player for scrubs, boston were losers. Not only were they a non-entity in the NBA Finals, but they were an eastern conference gnats. In fact in Lakerland, boston became known as the eastern conference Clips!!!

DH wants championships, he wants exposure to a large commercial market to maximize earnings and he loves Hollywood. It's no secret of his desire to play with The Mamba all he has to do is sign up. There are 3 teams in the running despite boston's nonsense. Orlando, Nets and the Lakers. Remember, the Lakers are never out of it for long.....unlike boston.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

I should add that DH then gets to be part of a $3 billion deal between the Lake Show and Time Warner....again maximizing his earning potential.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/27529082

Now, remind me what sort of deal does boston have to compete with that????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sections
Shortcuts