DH to the Heat- "never".

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Re: DH to the Heat- "never".

Laker-Nation32, it's obvious we cannot have a nice, healthy debate about the merits of DH going to LA without ridiculous, irrelevant banter about what a winning franchise and culture are.  For the record, the Lakers are not the only franchise in the NBA with a winning history, culture and television package.  You're right, I guess that would make DH go there just to be casts in movies under the Time Warner label.  Anyway, I cannot have a healthy debate with you.

To close, I guess we'll have to wait and see which way Howard goes.  Good luck in your efforts to get him.

Peace out!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: DH to the Heat- "never".:
    In Response to Re: DH to the Heat- "never". : Pete, don't forget that Crying-Nation32 also said Chris Paul will join the Lakers according to his source from the Philippines. Chris Paul to join the Lakers posted at 7/17/2011 2:28 PM EDT www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=9c62a7ab04d02069f5a40309ff48db38&plckUserId=9c62a7ab04d02069f5a40309ff48db38 " /> Laker-Nation32 Posts: 913 First: 3/7/2011 Last: 7/28/2011 http://www.philstar.com/SportsArticle.aspx?articleId=706426&publicationSubCategoryId=200&keyword=sp_pba You think CP3 goes all the way to Asia for goodwill? His good friend, The Black Mamba, is the Lakers best talent scout! You heard it here first!
    Posted by Fiercest34

Yes, they will trade for Howard and Arenas, and then flip Arenas to the NOH for Paul - simple, Fierce, why are we Celtic fans so dense sometimes?   LOL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

Lakernation,

WHY DOES DH WANT TO JOIN BOSTON....

18 />5

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

DH would want people like Doc and Ainge around him.

Why would DH want to be in a situation like this?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

DH would want people like Doc and Ainge around him. Why would DH want to be in a situation like this?
    Posted by 21st

I don't think so....even boston don't want those clowns!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Lakernation, WHY DOES DH WANT TO JOIN BOSTON.... 18...... 18 />5
    Posted by DoctorCO

Love how he proves his point by sending us pictures that are 5 years old - while he was still in diapers!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

lakernation,

talk about the same clowns who turned in there season tix. when no means no wanted to be traded in 2008

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/dwight_howard_rocks_lakers_purple_denies_the_heat_hard/5736241

DH.......you know you want to! Tell you're agent to get on the phone and make it happen.

Mikan......Wilt........Kareem.........Shaq..........DWIGHT HOWARD!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

This is what has got Orlando so worried.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/551139-nba-trade-rumors-latest-on-carmelo-anthony-steve-nash-and-more/entry/36579-nba-trade-rumors-dwight-howard-headed-to-the-los-angeles-lakers

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

This is what has got LA so worried. http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/6814363/kobe-bryant-turkish-club-besiktas-meet-saturday-report-says You know what that means? Kobe is about to become the biggest Turkey in Turkey!
    Posted by Fiercest34

Love it how you hang on my words despite you posting you had me on ignore.

Thanks for playing!

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: DH to the Heat- "never". : Fiercest34 doesn't have nobody on the ignore list. You really believe I'm Hedley?
    Posted by Fiercest34

I thought I was you
    And you were me
    And you are he
    And we are all together?

Kareem, Shaq and Wilt were all traded to LA - none came as a FA!!  And neither will DH.......Otis is not an idiot.  IF we have a season, he can trade him to....like HOU for some young pieces (more than one)...and then let him walk.  ONCE he walks, and this is the part Cryingnation doesn't get, once he walks, LA is OUT!!  They don't have the money to sign him, and I doubt he will play for the min (the Union won't let him)!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

lakernation,

not having real sources..

just more voices in his head telling him.......

GQ calls Lakers fans worst in the NBA

Mar 17, 2011, 2:17 PM EDT

snoop_gal_640

In case you missed it while checking out the Armani ads, GQ (via The Basketball Joneswent looking for the worst fans in sports — congratulations Philadelphia! — and wouldn’t you know it only one NBA team was able to make this storied list:

The Los Angeles Lakers.

Congratulations, Angelenos! You are the fairest of America’s fair-weather fans! The Lakers unfaithful abandoned their team en masse when Magic retired in 1991, then reconfirmed their fickleness by sending local TV ratings plummeting 30 percent after Shaq departed in 2004. Meanwhile, in these championship days, the Staples Center is more bar scene than sports complex, where fans can’t be bothered to clap—their hands are too busy texting. “The focus is sometimes not on the court,” coach Phil Jackson has said. “It’s on the people in the crowd.” Which explains why eight box suites were recently combined into an offshoot of an abominable nightclub, the Hyde Lounge. After VIPs pass a clipboard gauntlet—at a sports stadium—they can eat $21 nachos at a crocodile-skin bar while waiting for the space to transform into a postbuzzer dance club. When it’s time to leave, a valet will even bring around their bandwagon.

GQ’s not wrong. They’re not totally right, either. And they took the easy way out with bashing the stars.

J.A. Adande has used this description before and it’s very apt — Los Angeles is like an iceberg. In People Magazine and on TMZ you see the 10 percent of the iceberg above water, the industry people who want to be seen. They’re dancing penguins on top of an iceberg (hey, that’s a great idea for a movie… oh, wait).

But the 90 percent you don’t see is just like every other city with mechanics and insurance salesmen and Thai restaurant cooks making up the majority of people. Well, L.A. has more Thai restaurant cooks than other cities, but you get the idea.

Lakers games are the same way — you see the texting stars courtside and hear about the Hyde lounge. But up above the luxury boxes in the 300 section are the real Lakers fans. People who do stick with the team when Shaq leaves town, where the Thai chefs who save their money to go to a couple games a year sit. There are plenty of real Lakers fans, you just don’t see them.

Now, many of those real Lakers fans have an unreal sense of entitlement and arrogance about their team, but that’s another issue all together.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from c.wright. Show c.wright's posts

Who cares!!!!!!!!
    Posted by Laker-Nation32

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

lakernation, not having real sources.. just more voices in his head telling him....... GQ calls Lakers fans worst in the NBA Kurt Helin Mar 17, 2011, 2:17 PM EDT 26 Comments In case you missed it while checking out the Armani ads, GQ (via The Basketball Jones )  went looking for the worst fans in sports — congratulations Philadelphia! — and wouldn’t you know it only one NBA team was able to make this storied list: The Los Angeles Lakers. Congratulations, Angelenos! You are the fairest of America’s fair-weather fans! The Lakers unfaithful abandoned their team en masse when Magic retired in 1991, then reconfirmed their fickleness by sending local TV ratings plummeting 30 percent after Shaq departed in 2004. Meanwhile, in these championship days, the Staples Center is more bar scene than sports complex, where fans can’t be bothered to clap—their hands are too busy texting. “The focus is sometimes not on the court,” coach Phil Jackson has said. “It’s on the people in the crowd.” Which explains why eight box suites were recently combined into an offshoot of an abominable nightclub, the Hyde Lounge. After VIPs pass a clipboard gauntlet—at a sports stadium—they can eat $21 nachos at a crocodile-skin bar while waiting for the space to transform into a postbuzzer dance club. When it’s time to leave, a valet will even bring around their bandwagon. GQ’s not wrong. They’re not totally right, either. And they took the easy way out with bashing the stars. J.A. Adande has used this description before and it’s very apt — Los Angeles is like an iceberg. In People Magazine and on TMZ you see the 10 percent of the iceberg above water, the industry people who want to be seen. They’re dancing penguins on top of an iceberg (hey, that’s a great idea for a movie… oh, wait ). But the 90 percent you don’t see is just like every other city with mechanics and insurance salesmen and Thai restaurant cooks making up the majority of people. Well, L.A. has more Thai restaurant cooks than other cities, but you get the idea. Lakers games are the same way — you see the texting stars courtside and hear about the Hyde lounge. But up above the luxury boxes in the 300 section are the real Lakers fans. People who do stick with the team when Shaq leaves town, where the Thai chefs who save their money to go to a couple games a year sit. There are plenty of real Lakers fans, you just don’t see them. Now, many of those real Lakers fans have an unreal sense of entitlement and arrogance about their team, but that’s another issue all together. Skip to Comments (26)
    Posted by DoctorCO

The comments are great!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

Laker Nation doesn't care. I guess he'll feel that way when Kobe retires.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

In Response to Re: DH to the Heat- "never". : I thought I was you And you were me And you are he And we are all together? Kareem, Shaq and Wilt were all traded to LA - none came as a FA!!  And neither will DH.......Otis is not an idiot.  IF we have a season, he can trade him to....like HOU for some young pieces (more than one)...and then let him walk.  ONCE he walks, and this is the part Cryingnation doesn't get, once he walks, LA is OUT!!  They don't have the money to sign him, and I doubt he will play for the min (the Union won't let him)!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Shaq was a free agent

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: DH to the Heat- "never". : Shaq was a free agent
    Posted by dirty52

Yes, my bad.  Doesn't change the facts, though.  Actually, DH has said he does NOT want to follow Shaq, so there is another reason he won't go to LA.

Thanks, man, for helping my argument!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

In Response to Re: DH to the Heat- "never". : Yes, my bad.  Doesn't change the facts, though.  Actually, DH has said he does NOT want to follow Shaq, so there is another reason he won't go to LA. Thanks, man, for helping my argument!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

By that reasoning i guess he will not go to Boston either because Shaq was there

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: DH to the Heat- "never". : By that reasoning i guess he will not go to Boston either because Shaq was there
    Posted by dirty52

Whatever you say!

Sections
Shortcuts