Diaw bought out.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rebels345209. Show Rebels345209's posts

Diaw bought out.....

Obviously he isn't a big rebounder. And he has been on a bad team for awhile but what the heck happened to this guy??? When he was on Phoenix (and in shape) he was great. Could handle the ball and run the offensive set thru him. I feel like he is a guy the Celtics would take a shot on but I just hope he would be ready to play

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rebels345209. Show Rebels345209's posts

Re: Diaw bought out.....

Hey I didn't say I wanted him haha

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,
    I thought Celtics are looking for a center, first and formost.

AK

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Actually diaw has played quite a bit of center.  Back when amare was hurt he played a lot of 5 for phoenix.  But obviously he's a small center.

Right now we just need a couple of bodies.  Diaw would fit well with the c's.  He understands basketball, can pass.  But yeah, his conditioning is questionable at best.  He could probably only play 20min right now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Diaw bought out.....:
    Actually diaw has played quite a bit of center.  Back when amare was hurt he played a lot of 5 for phoenix.  But obviously he's a small center. Right now we just need a couple of bodies.  Diaw would fit well with the c's.  He understands basketball, can pass.  But yeah, his conditioning is questionable at best.  He could probably only play 20min right now.
    Posted by cole-ely

Diaw is a lot better then Daniels and Sasha.  It couldn't hurt.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rebels345209. Show Rebels345209's posts

He just let himself go (weight wise).... But he has some experience playing big as others noted and he is better than out non existent backup pf

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Diaw is much better than Quis and Sasha.  He's averaging 7 pts, 5 rebs and 4 asts per game.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3724

For a guy without a true position, at 6'8", I'd much rather see him on the court than Quis.  He can play 2 positions and play them well.  When we need to go small and give KG some rest time, we can do that.

We need the calvary and we need it now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brawny27. Show Brawny27's posts

What is taking the Celtics so long to sign a much needed center or atleast a good rebounder?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

What is taking the Celtics so long to sign a much needed center or atleast a good rebounder?
    Posted by Brawny27

There aren't any good rebounders out there is what is taking so long. Not one of these guys can rebound. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Diaw is much better than Quis and Sasha.  He's averaging 7 pts, 5 rebs and 4 asts per game. http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3724 For a guy without a true position, at 6'8", I'd much rather see him on the court than Quis.  He can play 2 positions and play them well.  When we need to go small and give KG some rest time, we can do that. We need the calvary and we need it now.
    Posted by Petey62

His rebounding rate right now is worse than the Steamer's and he is really out of shape. he's spent the last 5 years in line at the all you can eat buffet.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

In a running, up tempo game, Diaw could easily handle 15-20 minutes at center and give us more rebounding than Jermaine O'Neal , plus he has 6 fouls , DIaw is a great passer and can play D , what's not to love for a late season rental ? Diaw could have bigger impact than Marbury, Cassell, Michael Finley, Rasheed, Nate or any other late season pickup of the Big Three era....

Ronny Turiaf would be ideal , Turiaf and Diaw and the Celtics could be back in the finals this year....

and who's to say Miami or Chicago won't get hit by the injury bug like the Celtics have all year ?

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

True! whoever we get should play behing greg.  I think greg needs some r and r though, but once he's healed I like him as the backup big.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rebels345209. Show Rebels345209's posts

Diaw is actually a good fit next to Steamer

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Diaw has never played on a contending team.  he has always had an aloof attitude and now he's fat by 35 pounds and slower than doc rivers deciding to play young talent to prolong the effectiveness of an old roster.

the only thing diaw would bring here is an attitude problem.  he'd become miffed with KG's intensity and sulk.  you guys really think he's going to suddently de-blimp?  i mean he's been working on this fat project for a few years now.

and fat diaw + "running game" = good fit .....  huh?

there are a couple of bigs in the D league that are better than nothing at all.  and i'm not talking mikki moore.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

Posted by Brawny27

Lack of these types of players available and the ones that are want to sign with someone with a chance to win it all... ala Turiaf...

Sections
Shortcuts