did anyone else hear TOMMY ripping into Rondo+calling him out?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

did anyone else hear TOMMY ripping into Rondo+calling him out?

just heard the archive of gresh and zo from a few games ago. tommy seems to b speaking for Danny and Brad.. doesnt bode well for rr. says a big reason celts cant close is because of bad habits from the rr. he got lazy and used to having an all-star cast he could just lob the ball into at closing time and hide. all his indisciplime and sloppiness were hidden most of the times. he went so far as to suggest that Brad has to grow apair and consider BENCHING the rondo when he keeps being an error repeater to send the message it wont b tolerated.

when u put up with rondo doing it, everyone else falls in line. pressey seems to b a lot better at closing time than rondo. look at the records. AB is a legit keeper, as close to a legit star and closer this team has.. period! add in kelly handsome and u got something. this off-season, wont shock me anymore if celts draft a rim-protector (phrase has been parroted way too much by DA and BS for it to not b real)..

perhaps perk could return for some tude. cant see both him and rr back together though. i see sullinger, jeffrey green, RR, bass, and other swing guard (brain freeze) all being packaged. heck, wont shock me if pau gasol walks thru those doors if necessary. celts will b going all in next year but with stevens type guys. dont think rr has stevens instincts.. period!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Re: did anyone else hear TOMMY ripping into Rondo+calling him out?

Rondo should't be signed for max money, and I don't think he will be.

I think Ainge moves him over the Summer or next year mid season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You poor thing, must have ADD. I know its hard but try to stay on topic. The thread is about Tommy ripping Rondo, not whether the C's sign him to a max contract.

However, I know you're doing the best you can with the peabrain you have.. nothing personal

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

"BOSTON (CBS) - CSNNE analyst Tommy Heinsohn had some choice words for Celtics captain Rajon Rondo following the team’s ninth straight loss on Wednesday night.

The Celtics outscored the Atlanta Hawks 26-14 in the third quarter and held a seven point lead going into the fourth quarter. The Celtics, as they have many times this year, were not able to maintain the lead and allowed Atlanta to end the game on a 25-8 run.

Tommy criticized Rondo and how his style of play hasn’t transitioned well from the era of the “Big Three” to the current team.

“Rondo has developed bad habits from playing with Doc Rivers’ team,” Heinsohn said to Kyle Draper on CSNNE Celtics Postgame Live. “That was an experienced elderly team, so they weren’t pressing the issue. They executed plays to perfection. This team has to go and find opportunities without plays, they got to be aggressive without plays because they don’t execute that well yet. They are not well schooled in playing together because of injuries and everything else.”

When asked how you go about breaking those habits, Tommy stated bluntly, “One of the things you do, and it’s tough to do with a guy like Rondo, is if he doesn’t do it you pull him out and put someone in. Pull him aside, talk to him, the whole bit. … He’s got to play the style that brings out the best in these current players.”

Going off Tommy’s comments, Andy Gresh and Scott Zolak took their stance.

Gresh was quick to question if Rondo’s execution was a result of his pace of play or if Brad Stevens isn’t challenging Rondo’s style enough.

“If you have a player with a bad habit and a new coach comes in and he puts in his system and he’s got an idea as to what kind of habits the player has, it’s up to the new coach to coach it out of him right?” asked Gresh.

“You would think,” said Zo. “Especially if that’s the guy you’re going to build around right, that’s the future.”

“Supposedly,” said Gresh.

Now to be fair, Brad Stevens has only had the opportunity to coach Rondo for 29 games as the All Star guard works his way back from knee surgery. Fans have criticized Rondo in the past, but it’s quite different hearing it from a Celtics legend like Tommy Heinsohn.

If Rondo’s style of play doesn’t fit Brad Stevens’ coaching style, the Celtics will have some interesting decisions to make as Rondo heads into free agency next summer."

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Rondo can't shoot or defend.

He sucks.

It has nothing to do with his "style of play."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

It's up to Stevens to make Rondo play his style of ball...ok, cant argue with that. However, who was questioning Doc for the same thing when he let the out of control PG have his way?  Thats where the bad habits/attitude took permanent root.

WTG Tommy... finally someone on the inside broke the unspoken rule and tells it like it is

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

You poor thing, must have ADD. I know its hard but try to stay on topic. The thread is about Tommy ripping Rondo, not whether the C's sign him to a max contract.

However, I know you're doing the best you can with the peabrain you have.. nothing personal

you just wrote a post about me to tell me I couldn't stay on topic. 

you think about me a lot. 

I think its adorable. You get all mad about me and huff and puff.

Grr.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]

Grr.

[/QUOTE]

No, just trying to educate you... very frustrating.

Enjoy the rest of your day here waiting for me to post again so you can attempt to be clever...  you're trying too hard..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If the term ADD doesn't quite fit.... doctor freud to the rescue... a new psychiatric disorder is called sluggish cognitive tempo ("sluggo" for short maybe) , the condition is said to be characterized by lethargy, daydreaming and slow mental processing.

Good news... we now have a name for it.

Bad news... no cure for sluggo.

Pud 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"BOSTON (CBS) - CSNNE analyst Tommy Heinsohn had some choice words for Celtics captain Rajon Rondo following the team’s ninth straight loss on Wednesday night.

The Celtics outscored the Atlanta Hawks 26-14 in the third quarter and held a seven point lead going into the fourth quarter. The Celtics, as they have many times this year, were not able to maintain the lead and allowed Atlanta to end the game on a 25-8 run.

Tommy criticized Rondo and how his style of play hasn’t transitioned well from the era of the “Big Three” to the current team.

“Rondo has developed bad habits from playing with Doc Rivers’ team,” Heinsohn said to Kyle Draper on CSNNE Celtics Postgame Live. “That was an experienced elderly team, so they weren’t pressing the issue. They executed plays to perfection. This team has to go and find opportunities without plays, they got to be aggressive without plays because they don’t execute that well yet. They are not well schooled in playing together because of injuries and everything else.”

When asked how you go about breaking those habits, Tommy stated bluntly, “One of the things you do, and it’s tough to do with a guy like Rondo, is if he doesn’t do it you pull him out and put someone in. Pull him aside, talk to him, the whole bit. … He’s got to play the style that brings out the best in these current players.”

Going off Tommy’s comments, Andy Gresh and Scott Zolak took their stance.

Gresh was quick to question if Rondo’s execution was a result of his pace of play or if Brad Stevens isn’t challenging Rondo’s style enough.

“If you have a player with a bad habit and a new coach comes in and he puts in his system and he’s got an idea as to what kind of habits the player has, it’s up to the new coach to coach it out of him right?” asked Gresh.

“You would think,” said Zo. “Especially if that’s the guy you’re going to build around right, that’s the future.”

“Supposedly,” said Gresh.

Now to be fair, Brad Stevens has only had the opportunity to coach Rondo for 29 games as the All Star guard works his way back from knee surgery. Fans have criticized Rondo in the past, but it’s quite different hearing it from a Celtics legend like Tommy Heinsohn.

If Rondo’s style of play doesn’t fit Brad Stevens’ coaching style, the Celtics will have some interesting decisions to make as Rondo heads into free agency next summer."

Pud

[/QUOTE]

It looks like most are missing the point that Rondo is doing his best to get the best position for the draft lottery.  He is "causing" the team to lose large leads in the fourth quarter to maintain or improve the ping-pong balls.  See, he sat out the last two games with "injury", and the team won without his leadership for the ping-pong balls.  I don't know why he isn't being praised for it!  Ha-ha-ha!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Grr.

[/QUOTE]

No, just trying to educate you... very frustrating.

Enjoy the rest of your day here waiting for me to post again so you can attempt to be clever...  you're trying too hard..

[/QUOTE]

Dude,

Why are you writing to me on boston.com but not talking about basketball?

you're weird.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If the term ADD doesn't quite fit.... doctor freud to the rescue... a new psychiatric disorder is called sluggish cognitive tempo ("sluggo" for short maybe) , the condition is said to be characterized by lethargy, daydreaming and slow mental processing.

Pud 

[/QUOTE]

That was a funny post grammie.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pud 

[/QUOTE]  Is there anything you can do about it? I think i've had it for years.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pud 

[/QUOTE]

It sounds kind of fun to me actually. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pud 

[/QUOTE]

It sounds kind of fun to me actually. 

[/QUOTE]

This season, ADD, Sluggo and/or Senior moments would have been a good thing to have. Anything to make me forget this year, especially the past couple of games. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Thank you, thank you, thank you Mr Heinsohn. Someone needed to say it.

I've been saying and echoing the same things Tommy pointed out about Rondo all season. He's careless with the ball, turns a easy shot into a difficult shot, lazy defense and poor shot selection. Oh wait this is the same Rondo we've always seen...as you were.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I've been saying and echoing the same things Tommy pointed out about Rondo all season. He's careless with the ball, turns a easy shot into a difficult shot, lazy defense and poor shot selection. Oh wait this is the same Rondo we've always seen...as you were.

[/QUOTE]

There are several things that I do not like about Rajon's game but the thing that irriates me the most is his pounding of the ball and looking to fill the stat sheet with assists. At the end of the game, he has 10-12  assists on most nights and it is misleading because he stops the movement of the ball and guys start standing around. I think the fact that the ball is skipping around more with Pressey makes the C's a better team and although I am not happy with "the winning streak", it shows that a PG whom is willing to allow others to play with can be a very good thing. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pud 

[/QUOTE]

Traditional psychoanalysis offers some hope but at 3X weekly for 5 years at $200/pop... can get a bit pricey.

Less expensively, find a pooch with a cold snout to breathe some giddy-up into your step.

Someone like... say...  #37.

Pud

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

Tommy bleeds green and it's been rough on all of us that bleed green to watch this season. To single out any one player for this season is a bit much. Tommy is Tommy he knows more of the inside then we will ever know. Danny is on board in knowing what has to be done with this team to progress. Everyone knew this season would be pain staking to everyone, but the Celtics are in great postion to improve quickly via both trades and draft. Fasten your seat belts and be ready cause things are going  change. Like i said before don't become to attached to any player on this team cause when changes are made it may hurt some, but i believe Danny and the front office will do what's best for the Celtics to get better and get back to contention again in the league soon.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pud 

[/QUOTE]

Traditional psychoanalysis offers some hope but at 3X weekly for 5 years at $200/pop... can get a bit pricey.

Less expensively, find a pooch with a cold snout to breathe some giddy-up into your step.

Someone like... say...  #37.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Ha. My Grammie is so funny.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pud 

[/QUOTE]

Sounds like someone smokin' the peaceweed to me!

TO EACH HIS OWN...IF IT DON"T APPLY, LET IT FLY!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to celticelmo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There are several things that I do not like about Rajon's game but the thing that irriates me the most is his pounding of the ball and looking to fill the stat sheet with assists. At the end of the game, he has 10-12  assists on most nights and it is misleading because he stops the movement of the ball and guys start standing around. I think the fact that the ball is skipping around more with Pressey makes the C's a better team and although I am not happy with "the winning streak", it shows that a PG whom is willing to allow others to play with can be a very good thing. 

[/QUOTE]

"TALK ABOUT IT!", as they say in some Baptist churches when someone "testifies".

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to vertmont's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tommy bleeds green and it's been rough on all of us that bleed green to watch this season. To single out any one player for this season is a bit much. Tommy is Tommy he knows more of the inside then we will ever know. Danny is on board in knowing what has to be done with this team to progress. Everyone knew this season would be pain staking to everyone, but the Celtics are in great postion to improve quickly via both trades and draft. Fasten your seat belts and be ready cause things are going  change. Like i said before don't become to attached to any player on this team cause when changes are made it may hurt some, but i believe Danny and the front office will do what's best for the Celtics to get better and get back to contention again in the league soon.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, it's past time for being upset...we are on the verge of the reshaping...as it usually happens, we won't really know what is happening until it's finished... in his own way DA is like Belichick, only he knows the way things will go down and don't try to guess because you'll be way off...Sic 'em DA and makes us proud!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rondo can't shoot or defend.

He sucks.

It has nothing to do with his "style of play."

[/QUOTE]

one could say he is one, giant, festering, 6 foot 1, entire bad habit when it comes to basketball.  a stat stuffing myopic bundle of incomplete skills whose most notable skill ranges from  "mercurial" to "doesn't care"

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Lets just hope some dumbbell GM thinks hes making a great move picking up Rondo for anything more than a late pick or second tier player..

We should have dumped him right after Perk was sent to OKC... if there was any time the writing was on the wall for what type of garbage Rondo is, it was then. Shoulda sent him packing while some GMs were still in love with the hype and the Celtic vets could still somehow disguise the leotard  wearing roller skaters enormous weaknesses