Did anyone watch Tony Allen's Oscar flop tonight? LOL.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytftwofive. Show jaytftwofive's posts

Did anyone watch Tony Allen's Oscar flop tonight? LOL.

I have to give him credit but I wouldn't have been surpried if he was given a technical for a flop. Anyway with less then 15 seconds or so Allen drives to the basket and Ginobli grabs his arm and pulls him to the ground. After he hit the ground he grabs his head and the refs review the play to see if it was flagrant. The problem was, he never hit his head and he was pretending to be in pain and woozy. Well they called a flagrant foul and Allen made the two shots and the Grizzlies got the ball back and tied the game to send it into overtime. Kudos to Jeff Van Gundy for saying he was acting and his head never hit the ground. I agreed it was not a flagrant foul and after they reviewed it I was kind of surprised they didn't call a flop on Allen. Anyway the Spurs won in OT but that bad call could have changed the whole series around. Bad call by the refs. I picked the Grizzlies to win this series but I'm rooting for the Spurs because I would like Duncan to go out with one more title. Plus I know how much Laker fans hate the Spurs. And Jalen Rose who I like called it a Pulitzer Prize nomination,LOL, among other things. And yes I did watch this game after watching the Bruins beat the Rangers. Go Bruins, looking good!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytftwofive. Show jaytftwofive's posts

Re: Did anyone watch Tony Allen's Oscar flop tonight? LOL.

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Yeah, but we all know it's the NBA. Where only money matters happen.

If the refs didn't call that a flagrant foul then the game would not have gone to overtime. But because it's the NBA, the more thrilling the game, the better the ratings.

I kind of think that the NBA and Stern would prefer a Spurs-Heat final over a Grizzlies-Heat final for ratings wouldn't you think?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Have to disagree with you about the flagrant... Ginobili clearly grabbed TAs arm and pulled him down, thats a Flagrant foul plain and simple...

TA did an acting job on the head injury but he didnt need to... remember the refs reviewed the foul, clearly a flagrant ... TA didnt need to act like someone hit his head with a sludgehammer, he should be fined for flopping...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to jaytftwofive's comment:

Yeah, but we all know it's the NBA. Where only money matters happen.

If the refs didn't call that a flagrant foul then the game would not have gone to overtime. But because it's the NBA, the more thrilling the game, the better the ratings.

I kind of think that the NBA and Stern would prefer a Spurs-Heat final over a Grizzlies-Heat final for ratings wouldn't you think?

Agree 100%.

Remember, there is history between Lebron and Duncan. Duncan embarrassed Lebron in 2007 when the Spurs swept the Cavs in the Finals.

You are probably right.  I really wanted Memphis to win this series but since they already lost two games it won't be easy for them to win.  I always like to see someone new having success.  A Miami vs Spurs matchup will make for a very interesting finals series.  I won't watch any of it since I don't watch Miami games. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Yes but... Ginobli and Parker gave more consistent performances throughout the game.  Allen's attempt was strategic while Ginobli especially makes being breathed upon seem like it's enough to send him reeling, a la LaQueen and Wade. Parker had a few solo performances himself last night.  But Rose's ignorance of what prize is given for which endeavor comes as no surprise.  I was impressed by Van Gundy's candor and lack of partisanship. Usually he and Birdbrain Breen are so obvious in their normcall rooting, but Van Gundy rose (no pun intended) above his usual cheerleading as he had no dog in the show.