Did Boston really want James Harden instead of Jeff Green?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

Did Boston really want James Harden instead of Jeff Green?

I saw this article http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/05/14/what-if-james-harden-had-been-traded-to-boston-in-the-perkins-deal/related/ and wondered if there really was any truth to it? Was Boston really after Harden and settled for Green?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

Re: Did Boston really want James Harden instead of Jeff Green?

I heard Mike Breen say that during the OKC/Memphis game too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

yes I heard that too

I believed it b/c I remembered rumors that Ainge liked Harden over Steph Curry and tried to get the #3 pick in the '09 draft with Perkins. (kinda how he liked Gay over Brandon Roy in '08)

Considering that both DWest and PP can play SG but Harden has zero chance of guarding Melo, Deng, Josh smith and LBJ @ the 3 the way Green can, i wouldn't favor him over Jeff.... even if he is a pretty darn good shooter. His dribble and defense are avg for a SG.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

makes sense , Harden is a better player. Better on D and more potential. He is a huge part to what their doing , playing a bigger role than Perk.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

Let's just hope we can resign Green, at least he's a restricted free agent.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Just as long as Green's price isn't too high.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Did Boston really want James Harden instead of Jeff Green?:
    [QUOTE]makes sense , Harden is a better player. Better on D and more potential. He is a huge part to what their doing , playing a bigger role than Perk.
    Posted by startrightnow[/QUOTE]

At 6'5" he defends shooting guards just as good as Green at 6'8" defends SF's.

Green can be just as good a  Sf as Harden a SG... its just that Harden was abruptly traded so he is showing what a telnt he currently is. Green still has to prove it.

If we had a younger Pierce, no shooter in Ray (who needs less mins but can do his thing for 3-4 more years) and more SG's than SF's to fear in the East... i'd rather have Harden.

But his best asset is also Ray's... We have 3 guys who can defend SG's... the best players in the East are SF's... and Green can defend 3's that Harden cannot. so I'd  take Green.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

You want more Jeff Green? Im actually a fan of his , thought all of Boston was killing him. I really thought we wanted Harden , both him and Green make sense. I think Green was placed in a tough spot. Most Sports fans have no idea what their talking about and think the sky was falling when we lost Perk. Green was , is and will be a better player than Perk.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Just as long as Green's price isn't too high.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

Green's price is fixed, the Cs on his rights at about 6 million for the coming year.  All they have to do is sign him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did Boston really want James Harden instead of Jeff Green? : At 6'5" he defends shooting guards just as good as Green at 6'8" defends SF's. Green can be just as good a  Sf as Harden a SG... its just that Harden was abruptly traded so he is showing what a telnt he currently is. Green still has to prove it. If we had a younger Pierce, no shooter in Ray (who needs less mins but can do his thing for 3-4 more years) and more SG's than SF's to fear in the East... i'd rather have Harden. But his best asset is also Ray's... We have 3 guys who can defend SG's... the best players in the East are SF's... and Green can defend 3's that Harden cannot. so I'd  take Green.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

When was Harden abruptly traded?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did Boston really want James Harden instead of Jeff Green? :  When was Harden abruptly traded?
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

Wasn't

forgot to type the n't

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Green is better for now. but who knows whos really better

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did Boston really want James Harden instead of Jeff Green? : Green's price is fixed, the Cs on his rights at about 6 million for the coming year.  All they have to do is sign him.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

I believe the right to match an offer (restriction) is set for the C's at the minimum of $5.9 MM but Green can still get a greater offer from another team and if it's too high for DA to match then he could be gone.