Did Gerald Wallace actually attend college??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhol. Show jhol's posts

Did Gerald Wallace actually attend college??

Quote from GW:

"We done met, we done talked, we done did everything, we done argued, fussed, complained, moaned, everything you can do," he said.

Please Gerald, keep your mouth shut, or at least try to form an intelligent sentence before speaking to the press. This is downright embarrassing, not to mention who the hell is Gerald Wallace? Larry Bird you are not.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Did Gerald Wallace actually attend college??

For those of us residing above the Mason-Dixon line, Mr. Wallace meant "We have met, we have talked, we've done everything -- argued, fussed, complained, moaned -- that we could possibly have done."  He's from Alabama, his regional dialect and use of colloquialisms doesn't mean he's a dumb guy. 

First off, is he wrong?  I like having a vet who calls the youg guys out for lack of effort.  There is a lack of veteran leadership on this team.  If that's his role as an 11 million a year player, then I'm glad he's taken it on even if his best basketball days are behind him.  Plus with that voice he can probably sing baritone with the best of them. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhol. Show jhol's posts

You have to lead by example before you call out your teammates and I don't see that happening consistantly from GW. And BS to the pass on the ghetto slang. No excuse, zero!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

CablesWyndBairn, you're right.  jhol, I don't see anything wrong with him speaking to the press this way.  He's showing signs of exasperation in his words and I have no problem with that.

But I feel Wallace is part of the problem.  He's a vet who doesn't seem to be giving as much effort on the offensive end as he is on the defensive.  He doesn't shoot, he doesn't provide much of anything for this team.  We saw a very active Wallace in ONE GAME, against Charlotte, but otherwise, he's done nothing outside of talk.

We all thought his production was down last year in NJ because of the many offensive minded players there but since he's gotten here, he's brought nothing to the table.  Against OKC, he attempted two shots.  Against Chicago last week, he DID NOT ATTEMPT A SHOT!

And let's not pretend that his defense has been that spectacular that his offense doesn't matter.  I honestly don't see him being the defensive player he was a few years ago either.  As a leader, he surely isn't leading by example.  But he sure has alot to say.  Maybe someone needs to ask him what HIS role is on this team and why he cannot contribute more, especially on offense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhol. Show jhol's posts

Petey --- I like everything about your reply except the first paragraph! lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Is it discontennt, dis interest or cant he play anymore? At some point , makes no difference, he's just a drag

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I don't have no problem with his grammer (oops "any" and "grammar") & found a lot of truth in his outrage. But we are not a team of veterans and he's probably the oldest & one who is almost always guilty of bad defense. Our biggest problem, with opponents dunking at will, is that we do not have one and two 6'10"-11"---7' banger centers and haven't since Perkins left.

By the way, I hear non sports news announcers whom I'm sure make at least 6 figures and are college graduates saying "between you and I, he should have went " etc. and I guess they get away with considering it colloquial. I consider the use of the word "ain't" OK for colloquialism.

We need wait for the draft to bail us out because I see no trades that can improve us and Rondo is our only valuable trade bait and can we get a Love, Cousins for him. Maybe only Pau Gasol whom I have always liked and he's not soft but he's too old.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

True, that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

jhol - I respect your position.  To me, it's no big deal.

billge - I'm where you are (I did not include "at").

Sections
Shortcuts