Did Josh Smith just toss the game for the Celtics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Did Josh Smith just toss the game for the Celtics

I've never seen a player do so much to give a game away

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Re: Did Josh Smith just toss the game for the Celtics

That was sort of strange after killing us the entire game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Brain farts and bad shots are his M.O. that is why he is not a max player but a contenders 3rd best player... as the Hawks 2nd best player they were at best a 2nd rd team the past 5 years.

he had 32-9-8, was a +5 (all other starters a -) and made some big defensive plays... but missed a FT, went 3-9 from 3 (when he should never take more than 2-3 open ones a game) and had 5 turnovers, thats Josh Smith for you.

As the graphic showed he is a remarkably consistent 16-8 every year with 2+ blocks, all D nods, etc... but no all-star games and not a clutch player. If Green is worth 9m Smith is making his exact value right now at 13.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

I never understood why people wanted to trade Pierce for Smith.

Pierce is clutch.

I wouldn't have made the trade unless KG was also being moved and it was a rebuild

But the stats don't lie, did you see them during the game... not just the 32-9-8 but the consistent 16-8 with 2 blocks he has been for years now, all defense, etc. He is 8 years younger than Pierce, maybe thats another reason why people would have swapped them?

He just needs a good coach, PG and to be the teams 3rd best player... he's never really had or been able to be any of those things. Hawks were at their best when JJ was the closer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

In response to Kirk6's comment:

I never understood why people wanted to trade Pierce for Smith.

Pierce is clutch.

The first half, I'm saying over rated...Second half, Oh my gosh...

Ot, goof balls....Kg would not make that pass with game on line...

Rondo, maybe...lol

I wouldn't have made the trade unless KG was also being moved and it was a rebuild

But the stats don't lie, did you see them during the game... not just the 32-9-8 but the consistent 16-8 with 2 blocks he has been for years now, all defense, etc. He is 8 years younger than Pierce, maybe thats another reason why people would have swapped them?

He just needs a good coach, PG and to be the teams 3rd best player... he's never really had or been able to be any of those things. Hawks were at their best when JJ was the closer.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Josh has incredible game, he can do it all, but he is horrible in the clutch and either selfish or just dumb.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Typical talented LOW BASKETBALL IQ PLAYER. Like Antoine Walker only Antoine had more skill and more basketball smarts. When the pressure ramps up, the brain cramps up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

The comparison to walker is spot on. A talented knuckle-head. Still, to swap him for a player that is about to retire? Tempting. Oh, well. I could have lived with it either way. I didn't see where it said he was willing to sign an extension though, so you have to take that into account. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from postal5. Show postal5's posts

What if you can get him for nothing as a free agent and pay 13 per?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I would like Josh a lot better if he made up his mind to be a 18 rebounds a game player and the best defender of forwards in the game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from postal5. Show postal5's posts

Agreed DaCelts.  The kid needs s strong coach to change his mindset and define what you just said as his personal standard for success.  But he is 28 already.  I worked with a guy who's son was one of Josh's high school buddies.  My co-worker said Josh would still come over for sleep overs after he was a Hawks star and that he was a nice respectful kid (age 20 at that time).  Maybe he can be turned into a team goal guy after this mid-career big contract.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Jeff is shaping up as one of the best small forward defenders in the game. Power forwards, not so much.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to postal5's comment:

What if you can get him for nothing as a free agent and pay 13 per?

I'd say whatever team got him at that rate would get a good deal

It of course won't be the Celtics, who have only the MLE to offer unless Pierce and KG retire, which i highly doubt happens

15. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts