Did Knick Fans Get Duped?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Did Knick Fans Get Duped?

I have nothing personal against Coach D'Antoni, but he has never been able to get any NBA team to play defense.  Why did the Knicks go out and get all that expensive talent if their are only being led competitively on one side of the ball?  I can't believe I am going to say this.  I feel sorry for the basketball fans of New York.  Their hopes were raised too high.  Correct me if you think I am wrong about anything in this post. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Re: Did Knick Fans Get Duped?

How much of that has to do with the coach and how much with the players? It's astounding that a team with Anthony, Stoudemire and Chandler performs so bad, but whether that's D'Antoni's fault I'm not sure.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I also agree that with such a talented roster they should have a winning record.  Not sure who is to blame for this.  It seems that Amare and Carmelo can't play well together.  I also think that one of them will be traded.  They also need a good point guard which could make a big difference.  They had high expectations for this season which is understandable. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

THEY ALMOST BEAT THE CELTS LAST NIGHT...... AS DOC WENT AWAY FROM THE KIDS THAT WENT 6-2 WHILE THE POINT GUARD WITH NO JUMP OR FOUL SHOT WAS HEALING HIS WRIST.....  IMO, THE CELTS HAD TO WORK WAY TO HARD LAST NIGHT AND STILL CAME = CLOSE TO A LOSS !!!  THE HECK WITH THE NEW YORK COACH, DOC & DANNY MUST KNOW WHAT OUR PROBLEMS ARE !!!   FIX THEM, PLEASE !!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: Did Knick Fans Get Duped?:
      THEY ALMOST BEAT THE CELTS LAST NIGHT...... AS DOC WENT AWAY FROM THE KIDS THAT WENT 6-2 WHILE THE POINT GUARD WITH NO JUMP OR FOUL SHOT WAS HEALING HIS WRIST.....  IMO, THE CELTS HAD TO WORK WAY TO HARD LAST NIGHT AND STILL CAME = CLOSE TO A LOSS !!!  THE HECK WITH THE NEW YORK COACH, DOC & DANNY MUST KNOW WHAT OUR PROBLEMS ARE !!!   FIX THEM, PLEASE !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

I hope Doc and Danny are getting that message. This team has a chance again if they make some adjustments.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Believe me, if WE know, THEY know!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

The Knicks are not a good passing team even though they had some good lobs last night.  They just don't work the ball for the best shot.  Sure both Amare and Melo get going offensively at times but usually its just one of them and no one gets the other involved.  JMO
    And no Mike D  is not a good defensive coach.  He wants to outscore you plain and simple.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from calvinator. Show calvinator's posts

The writing was on the wall that the Knicks would not be that good this year when Denver played better last year without Carmelo. Carmelo is an outstanding offensive player, but their is no team play in his game. Basketball is about chemistry. Bird and Magic made their teams instant contenders but it took Jordan a while to do it. He had to figure it out. Carmelo has not.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

They duped themselves.  New York fans always over-react, and when they got Carmelo/Amare' they tripped all over themselves predicting championships, when anyone with a brain could see that they'd be just good enough to make the fans go crazy, but not good enough to really compete -- D-Antonio or no.

Frankly, I enjoy it.  :-)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

Posted by Bill-806

please keep all your anti RR posts on 1 thread...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

The Knicks problems should not be blamed solely on the coach. This teams pieces do not fit together at all , and they gave up too much to acquire Melo. A few more losses and I suspect they will make major changes starting with the coach. I hate to say it, but I could see them making a run at Howard to play along with Melo. If they were able to do that, I suspect it won't be long before Phil Jackson is their coach. The knock situation reminds me a lot of the lakers before Phil came in. If the Knicks do try to acquire Howard, the C's should probably try to get in on that deal to make it a three way with the goal of acquiring either Chandler or Amare

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Amare is not going to get Howard.  Just like Rondo is not enough.  A lot of players would be involved.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

The Knicks problems should not be blamed solely on the coach. This teams pieces do not fit together at all , and they gave up too much to acquire Melo. A few more losses and I suspect they will make major changes starting with the coach. I hate to say it, but I could see them making a run at Howard to play along with Melo. If they were able to do that, I suspect it won't be long before Phil Jackson is their coach. The knock situation reminds me a lot of the lakers before Phil came in. If the Knicks do try to acquire Howard, the C's should probably try to get in on that deal to make it a three way with the goal of acquiring either Chandler or Amare
    Posted by Accension13

Phil Jackson would not take that job, IMO!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

In response to "Re: Did Knick Fans Get Duped?":
    Amare is not going to get Howard.  Just like Rondo is not enough.  A lot of players would be involved. Posted by concord27
    Rondo, Chandler, multiple #1's, plus filler might be enough

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fugot. Show fugot's posts

Posted by Accension13

no one in their right mind would take on Amare (who I kind of like) because of his knees and his ridiculous contract. Orlando will never take him for DH(even with chandler thrown in), Danny Ainge would never take on that contract-only Dolan (with Thomas whispering in his ear) would pay that much for those uninsurable knees.   

I do not feel sorry for the knicks.. I live in colorado. The nuggets have never once looked back at that deal. The nuggets play uptempo TEAM basketball. The knicks, not so much.

I like ROndo alot....but I would be embarrassed to shoot free throws as bad as he does.  He should get a personnal ft coach and shoot 500 every single day until he can make 80-90 %. It would improve his overall game as well (IMO). 

Danny Ainge will do what is best with what he has.  I doubt the celtics make any trades this year. No cap space and no desire to clog up next years payrole.  go Celts!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Did Knick Fans Get Duped? : no one in their right mind would take on Amare (who I kind of like) because of his knees and his ridiculous contract. Orlando will never take him for DH(even with chandler thrown in), Danny Ainge would never take on that contract-only Dolan (with Thomas whispering in his ear) would pay that much for those uninsurable knees.    I do not feel sorry for the knicks.. I live in colorado. The nuggets have never once looked back at that deal. The nuggets play uptempo TEAM basketball. The knicks, not so much. I like ROndo alot....but I would be embarrassed to shoot free throws as bad as he does.  He should get a personnal ft coach and shoot 500 every single day until he can make 80-90 %. It would improve his overall game as well (IMO).  Danny Ainge will do what is best with what he has.  I doubt the celtics make any trades this year. No cap space and no desire to clog up next years payrole.  go Celts!!
    Posted by fugot

Nice post, and you know what bothers me?  Danny Ainge was a pretty fair free throw shooter in his day - he can't give Rondo any tips?

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

So, if the Knicks finish this season at the same dismal pace they're on now, what's more likely.
    Fire D'Antoni or trade one of their big pieces for a new look?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Micksoxx. Show Micksoxx's posts

You all seem to forget that the Knicks won the NBA Championship on Christmas day...

21. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts