Did Lebron quit last night on final play?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Did Lebron quit last night on final play?

After watching the replays, I can't help but think that Lebron quit on the final play. First I was stunned he was not on Dirk. Then he offered no help as he watched the play unfold. And he made no attempt to block the shot with a foul to give.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Re: Did Lebron quit last night on final play?

If he did quit, it wouldn't be the first time!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

He quit after that last layup he missed...and the refs did'nt bail him out..I don't think he likes playing second banana..just saying(like it Rico?)

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

LeBron was clearly gaurding Jason Terry in the corner.  Had he stepped up, Dirk would have tossed it out to Jet for a wide open shot.  Now, you could say you'd rather have Terry shooting a 3 than dirk shooting a layup, and I wouldn't argue with you.  But it's easier to play Monday morning QB

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Did Lebron quit last night on final play?:
    [QUOTE]After watching the replays, I can't help but think that Lebron quit on the final play. First I was stunned he was not on Dirk. Then he offered no help as he watched the play unfold. And he made no attempt to block the shot with a foul to give.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

Having a foul to give wouldnt matter if Lebron was gonna  try to block Dirks shot. That would be a shooting foul and the foul to give wouldnt figure into it

I was surprised Haslem wasnt covering Dirk instead of Bosh. Bosh isnt so great and he got embarrassed giving up the game winner on a 1on1 layup. I agree with you that Lebron would have been an even better choice.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Lebron didn't quit IMO but he was clearly back on his heels and out of it mentally. Karllost is right, Haslem should have been on Dirk at that point in the game. 

I guess Spolstra didn't get the memo from Stern about rigging this series for the Heat. (a nod to all the conspiracy nutjobs on this board).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

In Response to Re: Did Lebron quit last night on final play?:
    [QUOTE]NO. It's not boxing or Tennis, it's a team sport and it falls on all the players not just one because he is the best in the world.
    Posted by RicoCeltic[/QUOTE]

Everytime I read your posts, i imagine how cool it'd be to have Howard and Rivers on the roster in 2012, and I mean not only Doc Rivers...Cool

Well I do believe Lebron should take the thoughest guy in particular when it's about the final play. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

I don't think he quit. If u wanna talk about quitting remember in '08 when KoMe walked off the court before the game ended after his team blew a 24 point 2nd half lead?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stiorevo. Show stiorevo's posts

Last time I checked Jordan never quit, but Lebron seems to do it a lot.  That is what happens when you get everything and do not earn it.  Spoiled brat!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,
    I think it's not Lebron - it's the whole team that quit.
    They were in total mental disarray. Their last 3pt was a lucky act of desperation. Also, they quit about 6 minutes prior to the last play.
    As for Lebron, he's supposed to be the leader, but sometimes it contradicts DWade's perception, he thinks that he is the captain but has to kill it for the good of the team. But it always in the back of his mind and in critical situations it pops into the front.
    Regardless of what and why happened in the game 2, Lebron is a quitter. He proved it time and again.

AK