Did Shaq really give his all? Photos that make me seriously question that...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SheWhoBleedsGreen. Show SheWhoBleedsGreen's posts

Did Shaq really give his all? Photos that make me seriously question that...

Shaq hobbled when he was asked to play minimum minutes and it's all because of that achilles and calf strain right? Well photos taken with his current girlfriend "Hoopz" would say otherwise...I'm pissed to say the least. Granted just because you can hoist a female on your shoulders like a cheerleader and horseplay doesn't mean you can take all 300 pound of yourself up and down court again and again but can't you just stand there? Cant you manage a few rebounds?
    he looks pretty healthy to me...Money mouth I don't think Shaq "gave his all" and "played with heart" as some think. there are of course more photos of the horseplay, but i will spare you. Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Did Shaq really give his all? Photos that make me seriously question that...

In Response to Did Shaq really give his all? Photos that make me seriously question that...:
    [QUOTE]Shaq hobbled when he was asked to play minimum minutes and it's all because of that achilles and calf strain right? Well photos taken with his current girlfriend "Hoopz" would say otherwise...I'm pissed to say the least. Granted just because you can hoist a female on your shoulders like a cheerleader and horseplay doesn't mean you can take all 300 pound of yourself up and down court again and again but can't you just stand there? Cant you manage a few rebounds? he looks pretty healthy to me...  I don't think Shaq "gave his all" and "played with heart" as some think. there are of course more photos of the horseplay, but i will spare you. Thoughts?
    Posted by SheWhoBleedsGreen[/QUOTE]

I would imagine that these are not recent photos.  If he was hobbling, he wouldn't be able to lift anyone.  It appeared that he could barely walk when he played in game 4. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Re: Did Shaq really give his all? Photos that make me seriously question that...

Pic appears to be made in summer.....and not this year's one....
    Nice try to stir the pot though!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SheWhoBleedsGreen. Show SheWhoBleedsGreen's posts

In Response to Re: Did Shaq really give his all? Photos that make me seriously question that...:
    [QUOTE]Pic appears to be made in summer.....and not this year's one.... Nice try to stir the pot though!
    Posted by basketbert[/QUOTE]

these photos are from last July....

He missed a week in November with a bruised right knee, a week in December with a calf injury and another in January with a sore right hip. He returned for three games - a total of about 34 minutes - before missing the next 27 games with what the team officially has called a sore right leg. Although the injury was originally expected to keep him out just a few games, his absence stretched to more than two months and now nearly no appearance in the finals...when it really counts....

isn't also fair to draw from these photos when you are an older player on your last leg (literally) you should truly be more concerned about your health...whether these photos are from July of last year or last week should he really be doing acrobatics knowing he'd be needed at some point? I just don't see a player who cares about his health like Ray Allen slacking on his health like this. I still feel like Shaq gave up..yeah I saw him hobbling on the court and i winced seeing it but i do seriously question that 100%....doesn't that carry over to activities in a player's personal life? Didn't he have a responsibility to his team to care for his body as best he could knowing this WAS going to be his last season (refer to his "joking" about 300 days until he'd be announcing on TNT so one of the guys better watch out" during all star weekend time frame. He KNEW absolutely that his days were limited and all that was needed was for him to be a wall and he couldn't do that...i personally think these photos are just a reflection of how he didnt really give a shyt.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I just think Shaq intended to come here and cruise to another ring and promote his brand/image.  Shaq was never well-liked in Boston (for obvious reasons) and I believe this was a ploy to get some love in Boston as he prepares to leave the game.  His "statue in the park" routine and his conducting the Boston Pops is not what was expected of Shaq to help the Celtics win banner #18.  You don't see KG or Ray or Pierce on Letterman the night before a game.

I don't think Shaq was truly inspired to work his tail off for a ring.  When I look at the work JON put in while being out, there is no reason Shaq could not have been expected to put forth that same effort to get back to the game.

If you get the proper treatment and rehab and do the right things by that injury (stay off of it, maintain your weight, etc.), he should have been able to return.  When you look at pictures of Shaq since he last played, he looked like he picked up alot of weight.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Petey,

You may be right about Shaq.  If he had indeed gained weight, this might have effected his rehab and not being able to return.  If he had even given us 80% of what he did at the beginning of the season, we would have had a good chance of winning the series against Miami. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

He got injured after. Really what you show here proves nothing. He played well until he was injured in Feb.  I guarantee he isn't doing  these  acrobatics now!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatison. Show heatison's posts

Shaq hasn't been Shaq for 8 to 10 years. He's just been a big presents in the middle clogging the lane. Its much harder for big men the size of Shaq later in there career's and he is probably doing damage to him self trying to play this long.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SheWhoBleedsGreen. Show SheWhoBleedsGreen's posts

In Response to Re: Did Shaq really give his all? Photos that make me seriously question that...:
    [QUOTE]He got injured after. Really what you show here proves nothing. He played well until he was injured in Feb.  I guarantee he isn't doing  these  acrobatics now!
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

i wasnt trying to "prove" anything obviously you didnt read the follow up. He KNEW he was old and prone to injury AND this would be his last season..he should have been concerned about his health and stayed away from doing dumbazz stuff like this in his free time and should have been worried about his weight and staying healthy and able to contribute in some way through the rest of the season...but wasn't he gave up in one way if not others...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

IYa Whatever???n Response to Did Shaq really give his all? Photos that make me seriously question that...:
    [QUOTE]Shaq hobbled when he was asked to play minimum minutes and it's all because of that achilles and calf strain right? Well photos taken with his current girlfriend "Hoopz" would say otherwise...I'm pissed to say the least. Granted just because you can hoist a female on your shoulders like a cheerleader and horseplay doesn't mean you can take all 300 pound of yourself up and down court again and again but can't you just stand there? Cant you manage a few rebounds? he looks pretty healthy to me...  I don't think Shaq "gave his all" and "played with heart" as some think. there are of course more photos of the horseplay, but i will spare you. Thoughts?
    Posted by SheWhoBleedsGreen[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Pic appears to be made in summer.....and not this year's one.... Nice try to stir the pot though!
    Posted by basketbert[/QUOTE]also those may be unique achilles strengthening exercises created by trainer  ed lacerte

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schleprechaun. Show Schleprechaun's posts

Many in Boston love Shaq and always will. He is clearly in a lot of pain and as big as he is, I hope he can recover enough to walk around for the rest of his life without trouble. He is a great guy and I don't doubt he would have played more if he could.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

"It's just too bad Shaq is too lazy and too into being a TV star to get in top shape -- he could play four more years if he wanted to"

http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/blog?name=player_x&id=5728998&count=11

yup

then again, this player thought the lakers would repeat...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

As a Laker one year, Shaq delayed toe surgery until the start of the season because "I was injured on company time, so I'm going to heal on company time".  That's Shaq's commitment in a nutshell.