Dieng, Garnett, and Green should be a very strong front line for the C's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from franquazi. Show franquazi's posts

Dieng, Garnett, and Green should be a very strong front line for the C's

And with Bradley and Rondo a very solid starting Five..Well this is my first post in months and my predictions at the begining of the season happened just a few weeks ago when the C's got an early exit from the playoffs..Why? Everybody could say that because of Rondo's absense..I say is bigger than that..Ainge failed to provide the team with a quality and real backup point guard behind Rondo. Ainge failed to provide the team with a solid shotblocker and rim protector to help KG. By not resigning Stiesmma or later in the season by not signing either Chris Andersen or Kenyon Martin. Well that's the past is time to move on..First we need PIERCE and KG BACK ON THIS TEAM!!! Pierce earned to retire as a celtic period and he has plenty of basketball left on him. If Doc decide to start him or let him come off the bench I'm ok with both. I'm out of time see you soon..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Dieng, Garnett, and Green should be a very strong front line for the C's

If all the C's di was draft Dieng, use the MLE on a legit backup PG in Devin Harris, and find a way to move Lee and maybe one of Crawford/Terry (or Bass) for a scoring big man, then they will be fine.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregCelts. Show GregCelts's posts

Dieng is useless in today's NBA.  Very low basketball IQ.  He can't score down-low, can't pass the ball.  He is a poor version of Perkins.

The Celts need a Center that can post-up and score down-low. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to franquazi's comment:

And with Bradley and Rondo a very solid starting Five..Well this is my first post in months and my predictions at the begining of the season happened just a few weeks ago when the C's got an early exit from the playoffs..Why? Everybody could say that because of Rondo's absense..I say is bigger than that..Ainge failed to provide the team with a quality and real backup point guard behind Rondo. Ainge failed to provide the team with a solid shotblocker and rim protector to help KG. By not resigning Stiesmma or later in the season by not signing either Chris Andersen or Kenyon Martin. Well that's the past is time to move on..First we need PIERCE and KG BACK ON THIS TEAM!!! Pierce earned to retire as a celtic period and he has plenty of basketball left on him. If Doc decide to start him or let him come off the bench I'm ok with both. I'm out of time see you soon..

Legit points, but I don't think another raw young big man is the difference maker for our team. I defnitely agree that KG has got to come back and Danny has got to put a big man next to him so that he can be the stretch-4. 

There's got to be a way to turn Bass, Lee or Terry, Melo and 16th pick into something useful next to Garnett.

Maybe Big Al in a S&T playing next to KG, could take his game to another level and become a defensive force as a pair? He's certainly not a rim protector.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to GregCelts' comment:

Dieng is useless in today's NBA.  Very low basketball IQ.  He can't score down-low, can't pass the ball.  He is a poor version of Perkins.

Incorrect

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Dieng is a backup center AT BEST.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from franquazi. Show franquazi's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

If all the C's di was draft Dieng, use the MLE on a legit backup PG in Devin Harris, and find a way to move Lee and maybe one of Crawford/Terry (or Bass) for a scoring big man, then they will be fine.

We should amnesty Bass and use that money to sign Kyle Korver..If we trade Pierce then KG will retire and we're going to turn a 500 team. For me Dieng is a winner and knows his role. He's gonna be a hard rock interior defender and could easily become like Larry Sanders of Milwaukee. I know Doc would never start Dieng because he doesn't believe in rookies. Some of you would say that Bass is untouchable because he did a great job guarding Carmelo Anthony..I disagree..He tried and at times he was succesful but, overall he just did a good job not an excellent job. Sign Dalembert for the minimun. We should try to trade Terry for a PG. This is my rotation:

Rondo        Terry          Crawford- (can't be traded)

Bradley      Korver        Lee-(can't be traded)

Green        Pierce         Free agent

Garnett     Sullinger     Free agent

Dieng       Dalembert   Melo-(could be traded)

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

IT WAS A HUGE HUGE HUGE MISTAKE TO NOT GO AFTER CHRIS ANDERSON OR KENYON MARTIN (OR EVEN BOTH !)

JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT DECISION AND I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THEY GAVE AWAY SEMI ERDAN AND LUKE HARANGODY (DON'T EXPECT ME TO SPELL THEIR NAMES RIGHT) FOR NOTHING.

PLUS GIVING RASHEED WALLACE BIG BUCKS WAS A EPIC FAILURE, HE COULDN'T GET IN SHAPE IN TIME FOR GAME 7 OF THE NBA FINALS ? WHOSE FAILURE WAS THAT ? WHO LET THAT HAPPEN ???????? 

NOW DALLAS IS OFFERING THE #12 PICK FOR BASICALLY NOTHING , NO BRAINER, GO GET IT DONE AND GET THAT PICK ! THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A BAD NBA DRAFT, THEY SAY THAT ALMOST EVERY YEAR. THE CELTICS HAVE A CHANCE TO HAVE 2 OF THE FIRST 16 PICKS ? AT THIS CRUCIAL TIME IN THEIR HISTORY ? IF DALLAS SELLS THAT PICK TO ANOTHER TEAM AND THE CELTICS MISS OUT, THEN IT'S TIME TO REALLY ASK SOME TOUGH QUESTIONS ABOUT DANNY AINGE AND CELTICS OWNERSHIP.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from franquazi. Show franquazi's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

We should amnesty Bass and use that money to sign Kyle Korver..If we trade Pierce then KG will retire and we're going to turn a 500 team. For me Dieng is a winner and knows his role. He's gonna be a hard rock interior defender and could easily become like Larry Sanders of Milwaukee. I know Doc would never start Dieng because he doesn't believe in rookies. Some of you would say that Bass is untouchable because he did a great job guarding Carmelo Anthony..I disagree..He tried and at times he was succesful but, overall he just did a good job not an excellent job. Sign Dalembert for the minimun. We should try to trade Terry for a PG. This is my rotation:

Rondo        Terry          Crawford- (can't be traded)

Bradley      Korver        Lee-(can't be traded)

Green        Pierce         Free agent

Garnett     Sullinger     Free agent

Dieng       Dalembert   Melo-(could be traded)

What are you talking about?

The only Celtic players that can be amnestied are Rondo, Bradley, and Pierce.

Bass can't be amnestied because he signed his contract after the lockout.

And the Celtics will never be contenders again with KG and Pierce.

Ok if we can't amnesty Bass then he should be the first to be traded!! He's a back up PF at best. Gorgui Dieng is my choice because he had timing to block shots something crucial when we talk about protecting the rim from guys like Lebron James. Dennis Shroeder could be a great PG someday in the NBA but we already have Rondo..Our main problem is our interior defense and productive scoring from beyond the arc. A good backup for Rondo could be added by free agency, by trade or an undrafted prospect..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Green is soft...playing better but "strong front line" is not what comes to mind. KG isn't throwing his body around either. 

If by "strong" you mean big men who give you a free lane to the basket, talk trash and shoot long jumpers than yeah, we'll be real strong....

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

We can't forget that regardless of who Danny Ainge selects, Doc isn't going to give him any time on the floor. I like Dieng and Adams but I don't believe that either one would be given much of an opportunity. While I wouldn't do this myself, given how little Doc cares for ,Danny Ainge might be better off trading the number 1 pick for a slightly above average veteran Center to add somebody that Doc will give pt to regardless of how much potential that number 1 pick has. I think that this would be a foolish thing to do but reality is reality, there is no place in Doc's rotation for a rookie.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to GregCelts' comment:

True that the C's need a Center that can post up and score down low.  But there are about 5 guys in the league like that and otherwise, they're not available.   They're not coming out of college down at our draft pick, either!

As for Dieng, you must not have seen him play.  Saw him play live 3 times.  You couldn't be more wrong about him as a power forward/center.  He's not big enough to be Howard or Hibbard, but he'll be a Noah type who has a jump shot.  Intelligent guy still learning.   Pitino is an idiot for a GM and pro coach, but as a college basketball mind, he's brilliant and he saw in Dieng enough to know that the guy was good.   Seeing it close up, I was suprised at his skills, touch on a jumper, and ability to play the Pitino defense (which is movement and adjustments all the time, as you know).

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Celts should go after a scoring SG like Shabazz first. Then they can think about a guy like Dieng.

One of the reasons why the Spurs are having success with the Heat is because they have a big SF and a big SG. Leonard is 6-7 while Danny Green is 6-6.

It's time the Celts stop using Bradley as a starter.

I agree with you, the Celtics do need to stop using Bradley as a starter. Heck, If it were up to me, I would trade Bradley for a draft pick to allow Boston to select a guy like Shabazz or Schroeder. I'd still pick Adams or Dieng with the other pick.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

'We can't forget that regardless of who Danny Ainge selects, Doc isn't going to give him any time on the floor"

hmm...Doc gave Sully plenty of time on the floor before he got hurt, no? 

True, Doc tends to be skeptical towards young guys, but it's not unheard of for one of them to get some playing time. 

Of course Doc hasn't said he's coming back yet either...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

I don't agree that Bradley is not a starter.  I think he's was forced to play out of position last year when Rondo went down.  He's not a starting point guard or a backup point guard.  His offense was improving....alot before the shoulder surgeries.  He couldn't shoot at all last summer, so I'll give him a pass for last year.  I think he's a potential defensive player of the year and a real disruptive force when allowed to focus on his task.

I'm becoming less and less enchanted by Shabazz.  He's not big.  He can't shoot.

Dieng is a 23 year old project....not 19 or 20, but 23.  He was beating up on kids 4 years younger than he was last year....and not beating them up that badly.  He won't do anything in the NBA.

If Plumlee is there, I would take him over Shabazz....if they stay at 16.  My first choice would be to trade up to get Zeller.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

I'm actually starting to like Larkin as well.  Yup.  He's small, but he reminds me of Mark Price.  Why isn't Mark Price in the Hall of Fame - one of the most underrated players of all time.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Those Mark Price Cavalier teams were damn good and loaded teams - they just had unfortunate timing - they were good when Detroit was great and then the Bulls came along.  Bad timing.  Those were championship quality teams.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I don't know... I kind of want to see what a Rondo, Bradley, Green, Sullinger, Garnett would look like. That could be a pretty dynamic group. If you pair Bradley with Garnett by taking them both out at the 7 minute mark and replace them with a shot blocking big and scoring SG ... I still think Terry can backup PG for Rondo.

In this scenerio, Shabazz could be that big scoring SG to come on for Bradley. Bass and Lee could be traded for a backup Center that can protect the paint.

For contention you really need to think about age & NBA years ... Jeff and Rondo both are at that point in their careers. You have to admit, Rondo can take over playoff games. You have to admit, Jeff wowed everyone with how much he improved in the second half of the year. This is going to be only his sixth NBA season. OKC he was never the man, and the injury was a major setback. 2013 is the year where we see what Green is made of.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I agree keep KG & PP !!! But I don't know if Dieng will be the answer to our Center deficiencies !!!

I posted the below in Keep the Team intack but get 2 acqusitions as I feel it is a good copy & paste here and a different opinion on "Blow it Up". Don't forget, we got to the playoffs with the aging KG & PP and no Center and no Rondo.

I don't mean that we need keep PP & KG for loyalty sake. But I feel if we had had a strong presence in the post, KG was not enough and losing Perk only affected us in 2010 and maybe 2011 but not 2012 as Perk deteriorated, we'd been strong contenders.

I do not know how we can get a Big Man without trading Rondo. But with a Howard, Gasol, Cousins, Hibbert, healthy Bynum etc. and a scorer because we lost Allen & Terry is not dependable like Redick, we could compete with the older PP & KG next year & Sully back too & maybe Melo develops.

But we will need a point guard..can a rookie draft pick do it ?

Sections
Shortcuts