Dieng, Garnett, and Green should be a very strong front line for the C's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from franquazi. Show franquazi's posts

Re: Dieng, Garnett, and Green should be a very strong front line for the C's

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Celts should go after a scoring SG like Shabazz first. Then they can think about a guy like Dieng.

One of the reasons why the Spurs are having success with the Heat is because they have a big SF and a big SG. Leonard is 6-7 while Danny Green is 6-6.

It's time the Celts stop using Bradley as a starter.

Fierce Shabazz isn't a SG. He's a lefty small forward who can't go to the right. Shoots to much like Nick Young or our Jordan Crawford..Also he's a bad defender. At UCLA he was the only guy that's why he average 17ppg.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from franquazi. Show franquazi's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

I don't agree that Bradley is not a starter.  I think he's was forced to play out of position last year when Rondo went down.  He's not a starting point guard or a backup point guard.  His offense was improving....alot before the shoulder surgeries.  He couldn't shoot at all last summer, so I'll give him a pass for last year.  I think he's a potential defensive player of the year and a real disruptive force when allowed to focus on his task.

I'm becoming less and less enchanted by Shabazz.  He's not big.  He can't shoot.

Dieng is a 23 year old project....not 19 or 20, but 23.  He was beating up on kids 4 years younger than he was last year....and not beating them up that badly.  He won't do anything in the NBA.

If Plumlee is there, I would take him over Shabazz....if they stay at 16.  My first choice would be to trade up to get Zeller.

I agree with you about Bradley..We can give him one more shot. The problem with Plumlee and Zeller is that they lack timing to block shots..That's maybe the best atribute that I like about Dieng.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from franquazi. Show franquazi's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Green is soft...playing better but "strong front line" is not what comes to mind. KG isn't throwing his body around either. 

If by "strong" you mean big men who give you a free lane to the basket, talk trash and shoot long jumpers than yeah, we'll be real strong....

Green soft?? Are you kidding boy? Did you missed his dunks last year??

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to franquazi's comment:

And with Bradley and Rondo a very solid starting Five..Well this is my first post in months and my predictions at the begining of the season happened just a few weeks ago when the C's got an early exit from the playoffs..Why? Everybody could say that because of Rondo's absense..I say is bigger than that..Ainge failed to provide the team with a quality and real backup point guard behind Rondo. Ainge failed to provide the team with a solid shotblocker and rim protector to help KG. By not resigning Stiesmma or later in the season by not signing either Chris Andersen or Kenyon Martin. Well that's the past is time to move on..First we need PIERCE and KG BACK ON THIS TEAM!!! Pierce earned to retire as a celtic period and he has plenty of basketball left on him. If Doc decide to start him or let him come off the bench I'm ok with both. I'm out of time see you soon..

Blame Ainge for everything includind chickenpox.Ainge had no money to sign any players,including Steema who asked for more money then the celtics could afford.A big shot blocke? where to find one? Kenyon Martin? be serious,what he did for the knicks?If you a serious celtics fan,be prepared to suffer tghe next 4-5 years.We have to hit the button and rebuild.We have to stop that non sense of sign band-aids to be middle of the pack contenders and miss all the young talents in the draft.I think that Ainge is doind a good job under the circunstances.Go Celtics

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Here are my realistic hopes for the draft:

1.  Trade up to 9 and grab Zeller.

2.  Draft Schroeder at 16.

3.  Draft Larkin at 16.

4.  Draft Plumlee at 16.

5.  Draft Adams at 16.

6.  Draft Shabazz at 16 - I see an awful lot of 6-20 games in Shabazz's future.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to GregCelts' comment:

Dieng is useless in today's NBA.  Very low basketball IQ.  He can't score down-low, can't pass the ball.  He is a poor version of Perkins.

The Celts need a Center that can post-up and score down-low. 

I agree with you but where do you get a guy like that? There are only a few in the whole league and we aint gettin either one...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Have any of you seen Shabazz? Obviously not! Tell me what is so good about him?? He was a bust at UCLA pretty much and did not even stand out on a mediocre team.... Unless he is one of those guys that are a way better pro then I just dont see it... 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

Have any of you seen Shabazz? Obviously not! Tell me what is so good about him?? He was a bust at UCLA pretty much and did not even stand out on a mediocre team.... Unless he is one of those guys that are a way better pro then I just dont see it... 

+1

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts