posted at 12/8/2012 7:29 PM EST
In response to kyceltic's comment:
In response to damfuno's comment:
The way I see the Celtics is that
1) we have no one who requires a double team so teams are playing us straight up.
2) we also don't seem to have a lot of movement without the ball so our defenders are always between us and the basket
3) Doc professes to keep the ball moving..........but since no one moves without the ball we are just having a game of catch on the perimeter
4) Our game of catch usually starts with around 12-15 seconds on the clock because Rondo feels like a traffic cop directing traffic and just dribbling and dribbling and dribbling
5) very little inside out game
6) on defense if we do have people ready to rebound they are always facing the basket and don't see the slashers coming in for the offensive rebound........need to have court awareness of where people are so you can block out
I could say more but gotta go
[/QUOTE] Watch the Spurs sometime, their ball movement is so fast the defense can't keep up!! But Pop is their coach, and that's a whole different story!!
Spurs also have a great passer in Duncan who primarily plays inside, a guy named Splitter who ONLY plays inside, a point guard named Parker who always looks to attack the basket, and Leonard who dives to the basket. KG is a good passer but only plays outside, and our PG doesn't attack the basket most of the time. And, instead of Splitter - we have Bass the jump shooter. When Rondo attacks and KG plays inside and Bass plays inside aggressive, we also have a great team.