Dion Waiters

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Dion Waiters

Waiters is on the block per hoopshype. Any interest in the Celtics trying to acquire him? Cleveland desperately wants to build a playoff team around Kyrie this year.

Sounds like they're toying with an Evan turner trade.

I would think they want a clear allstar caliber player. I'm toying with the idea of sending Waiters, Bennet and Gee for Luol Deng and Snell or a pick.

I wonder if the Celtics could put together a similar offer involving Jeff Green.

BOS: Waiters, Gee, Felix (to make salaries work), 2014 top10 protected 1st round pick

CLE: Green, Crawford

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=l7frldc

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Dion Waiters

I already know that some of you will be up in arms about losing Jeff and having Wallace and Gee as our only SFs, but this would obviously be another first step towards getting worse this year to grab a top SF in the upcoming draft, or again, go after a RFA SF such as Hayward.

Please no hate, this is just a fun idea. I'm not even that sold on Waiters, but we'd be banking on Stevens being the right coach to get him back on track.

And to the theory that Cleveland is trying to keep cap space open at the end of thsi year to entice LBJ ... that's just not happening. Not this year anyway.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

If the Cavs want a veteran SF then Gerald Wallace and the Clips' 2015 1st round pick for Waiters and Gee.

:)

Talk about one sided trades.

Honestly, its so hard to judge these things, value of the younger players. Thats why I threw in the protected pick. If it ends up in the teens... that is a huge asset. So many young talents in this draft. Just in this one game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLxQa8wDXFc

Wiggins, Parker, Embiid, Seldon, Hood ...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

If the Cavs want a veteran SF then Gerald Wallace and the Clips' 2015 1st round pick for Waiters and Gee.

The Cavs want to compete. I'm not sure Wallace is the right player for them. Green and Crawford would help them compete. If you think its not enough, how about Bennet, Waiters and a 2014 protected 1st?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

+ 1

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

:)

Talk about one sided trades.

Honestly, its so hard to judge these things, value of the younger players. Thats why I threw in the protected pick. If it ends up in the teens... that is a huge asset. So many young talents in this draft. Just in this one game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLxQa8wDXFc

Wiggins, Parker, Embiid, Seldon, Hood ...

Haha, yeah that trade offer by Fierce is absolute trash. Didn't even attempt to throw in Marshon Brooks?

Crawford, Wallace and the better of our our two picks next year (top 5 protected) is getting closer but still not nearly enough.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Check my earlier post.

If you guys don't think the Cavs want Wallace then why not swap SGs, AB and Brooks for Waiters.

Do you think Waiters could be our long term answer at shooting guard? Because i have my doubts about him. There is a reason the Cavs want to get rid of him.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

Do you think Waiters could be our long term answer at shooting guard? Because i have my doubts about him. There is a reason the Cavs want to get rid of him.

True.

Can Dion Waiters be our long term answer at SG?

Not sure.

But I think he'll end up being a better SG than Avery Bradley.

I actually think i would rather have Bradley.  I would much rather have Turner than Waiters. He doesn't shoot the three very well, but neither does DWade. My biggest problem with him would be that he can monopolize the ball at times.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

NO, you do NOT want Waiters being your SG. He plays NO defense and can't shot that well. He's picked up weight and may be out the league soon because the only position he can't play is SG and he's really not a high energy scorer. This is why the Cavs want to dump him.

I'm a Syracuse fan, I've watched him for awhile.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

R9R

This is not something the Celtics want.

It's the Cavs that want to get rid of Dion Waiters because he's cancer in their locker room.

So Ainge has leverage because it will be the Cavs offering Waiters and not Ainge asking if Waiters if available.

Ok thats a fair point, however you have to consider the Cavs situation. They have been in the lottery for consecutive years and want to make the playoffs. They are looking to deal Waiters, a top 5 pick last year in order to get better this year.

Will Avery & Brooks really make them better? I dont think so. I think Crawford and Green make them a playoff team. I think Gee, Waiters and their pick is enoug value. 

Maybe try for a Crawford & Wallace for Gee, Waiters straight up, but I dont think that gets done.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Ok thats a fair point, however you have to consider the Cavs situation. They have been in the lottery for consecutive years and want to make the playoffs. They are looking to deal Waiters, a top 5 pick last year in order to get better this year.

Will Avery & Brooks really make them better? I dont think so. I think Crawford and Green make them a playoff team. I think Gee, Waiters and their pick is enoug value. 

Maybe try for a Crawford & Wallace for Gee, Waiters straight up, but I dont think that gets done.

If the Celts can't get Waiters at a low price then might as well go after Evan Turner.

Turner is way better than Waiters right now.

Turners ok, he just isn't a knowdown shooter from the outside. I'd rather pay Avery half of what Turner will get and hope for similar production

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Haha, yeah that trade offer by Fierce is absolute trash. Didn't even attempt to throw in Marshon Brooks?

Crawford, Wallace and the better of our our two picks next year (top 5 protected) is getting closer but still not nearly enough.

You're really living up to your "Lame Rame" nickname.

Brooks and Wallace for Gee and Waiters does not work because salaries don't match.

Same with Crawford and Wallace for Waiters and Gee, does not work also.

Obviously filler would be included to make the cash work if such names were even in discussion

Your trade proposal was one sided trash, but of course you can't admit to that so you will spin and call others childish nicknames to deflect away from how bad your ideas are.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Why the fascination with Waiters?  Have the Cavs screwed up their drafts or what?  Waiters was a reach and so was Bennett.  Bennett might still pan out.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Obviously filler would be included to make the cash work if such names were even in discussion

Your trade proposal was one sided trash, but of course you can't admit to that so you will spin and call others childish nicknames to deflect away from how bad your ideas are.

People here who throw out trade proposals make sure their trades work.

Obviously filler would be included to make the cash work?

That's dumb!

GW's salary is 10.1m.

Waiters' salary is 3.89m.

That's a difference of 6.2m.

A difference of 6.2m is already a big discrepancy and you still want to add Crawford in the deal?

That's 10.1m + 2.16m for 3.89m.

Get it?

Your proposal of Crawford, Wallace, and a 1st rounder for Dion Waiters is also trash because the trade doesn't even work!

And your lame excuse is just add a filler?

That's why you're known as Lame rame because you make lame excuses.

The only person who knows me a moronic nickname that doesn't even rhyme with mine (it's a short a sound not a long a sound toolbox) is you.

Pretty much everyone else here except maybe pud (whose Rondo hatred I can't abide by) respects and enjoys my contributions, while you annoy, and make few friends at all on this site. Half the posters here can't stand you and the other half tolerate your 'I have no life other than posting here and desperately trying to win every argument' existence.

You want a Cleve-Boston trade that works $ wise and isn't a laughable piece of trash like the one you threw out there.... here you go:

Dion Waiters, Alonzo Gee, Tyler Zeller and  C.J. Miles

for

Gerald Wallace, Avery Bradley, Marshon Brooks, the worst of Boston's 2 first rd picks this year (top 10 protected) and the Clippers pick next year (lotto protected).

THAT is how you make fair trade offers that work cap wise fierce, since you onbviously were in desperate need of a lesson. Unlike you, I have a life and don't spent 16 hours a day here so when I throw out names I don't have to check the cash when everything is with 1-2 million. That can EASILY be worked around.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

C - Zeller and Faverini

PF - Sully and Olynyk

SF - Green and Gee

SG - Waiters and Lee/Crawford

PG - Rondo and Crawford/Pressey

Pressy is a keeper on the bench

Bass, Hump, Miles and Bogans all become guys we should trade

Meanwhile Cleve has a pretty cramped frontcourt and can deal with losing Zeller, unless Bynum is NEVER going to be healthy.

Getting rid of Waiters attitude and desire to be a top scoring option for guys like Bradley and Wallace (who play exceptional D and are selfless team first guys) will go along way towards helping the chemistry on that club and pushing them into the playoffs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

People here who throw out trade proposals make sure their trades work.

Obviously filler would be included to make the cash work?

That's dumb!

GW's salary is 10.1m.

Waiters' salary is 3.89m.

That's a difference of 6.2m.

A difference of 6.2m is already a big discrepancy and you still want to add Crawford in the deal?

That's 10.1m + 2.16m for 3.89m.

Get it?

Your proposal of Crawford, Wallace, and a 1st rounder for Dion Waiters is also trash because the trade doesn't even work!

And your lame excuse is just add a filler?

That's why you're known as Lame rame because you make lame excuses.

The only person who knows me a moronic nickname that doesn't even rhyme with mine (it's a short a sound not a long a sound toolbox) is you.

Pretty much everyone else here except maybe pud (whose Rondo hatred I can't abide by) respects and enjoys my contributions, while you annoy, and make few friends at all on this site. Half the posters here can't stand you and the other half tolerate your 'I have no life other than posting here and desperately trying to win every argument' existence.

You want a Cleve-Boston trade that works $ wise and isn't a laughable piece of trash like the one you threw out there.... here you go:

Dion Waiters, Alonzo Gee, Tyler Zeller and  C.J. Miles

for

Gerald Wallace, Avery Bradley, Marshon Brooks, the worst of Boston's 2 first rd picks this year (top 10 protected) and the Clippers pick next year (lotto protected).

THAT is how you make fair trade offers that work cap wise fierce, since you onbviously were in desperate need of a lesson. Unlike you, I have a life and don't spent 16 hours a day here so when I throw out names I don't have to check the cash when everything is with 1-2 million. That can EASILY be worked around.

HAHAHA.  Its obvious to whom you are directing your vitriol to, even though I have had the troll on ignore where he permentley belongs... and your words accurate.  He has few, if any supporters left on this site because of his obnoxious behavior, but the troll still refuses to act like a mature gentlemen...and continues to continually bait and taunt others, like a jerk.

Anyway, back on topic.  Bottom line is that there is no need to add players in a rebuild, unless they add value as a strategic contributor or add value financially.  Pass on Waiters.  

Sections
Shortcuts