Dion Waiters

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Dion Waiters

Well based on tonight, I guess I'd rather have Green & Crawford than Waiters.

But the option is even more likely now. Once Rondo comes back, Crawford is more expendable. I think a Green and Crawford for Waiters, Gee and 2014 1st is a deal that Danny COULD get done IF he so chose.

On a side note, if Cleveland isn't going to play Thompson or Zeller, can we have them?

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The only person who knows me a moronic nickname that doesn't even rhyme with mine (it's a short a sound not a long a sound toolbox) is you.

Pretty much everyone else here except maybe pud (whose Rondo hatred I can't abide by) respects and enjoys my contributions, while you annoy, and make few friends at all on this site. Half the posters here can't stand you and the other half tolerate your 'I have no life other than posting here and desperately trying to win every argument' existence.

You want a Cleve-Boston trade that works $ wise and isn't a laughable piece of trash like the one you threw out there.... here you go:

Dion Waiters, Alonzo Gee, Tyler Zeller and  C.J. Miles

for

Gerald Wallace, Avery Bradley, Marshon Brooks, the worst of Boston's 2 first rd picks this year (top 10 protected) and the Clippers pick next year (lotto protected).

THAT is how you make fair trade offers that work cap wise fierce, since you onbviously were in desperate need of a lesson. Unlike you, I have a life and don't spent 16 hours a day here so when I throw out names I don't have to check the cash when everything is with 1-2 million. That can EASILY be worked around.

[/QUOTE]

You just combined my 2 trade proposals and made it into 1.

That is so LAME!

[/QUOTE]

Maybe if you provided one good trade that is fair to both sides instead of two pieces of trash then smarter fans like myself wouldn't have to educate you?

Celtics at 7 wins, you said they wouldn't win 5 in November. Despite and obvious effort to tank the talent is apparent and Fierce was WRONG, like he is about almost everything.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

[QUOTE]

R9R

Right now Ainge still has options.

If the Celts fail to get a top 5 pick, Ainge could trade the 2014 lottery pick for a veteran player, like in 2007, and the Celts could become contenders as early as next season.

But if you trade Jeff Green now, that will take away the option of becoming contenders by trading our lottery pick for a proven veteran player.

[/QUOTE]

Celtice will be a playoff team next season almost by default.

I am well aware that the 2014 pick could be used as a chip for an Allstar. Why do you think I propose these trades?

I'm not sure there's an attainable allstar out there.

I still think a simple solution would be to trade for Asik and sign Hayward this summer, all while keeping our pick and the Nets/Hawks pick. I then pull the trigger on the Amare deal. Go into next year with:

Rondo / Crawford

Hayward / Bradley / Rookie

Green / Rookie

Sullinger / Olynyk / Amare 

Asik / Favarani

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to R9R's comment:

[QUOTE]

Celtice will be a playoff team next season almost by default.

I am well aware that the 2014 pick could be used as a chip for an Allstar. Why do you think I propose these trades?

I'm not sure there's an attainable allstar out there.

I still think a simple solution would be to trade for Asik and sign Hayward this summer, all while keeping our pick and the Nets/Hawks pick. I then pull the trigger on the Amare deal. Go into next year with:

Rondo / Crawford

Hayward / Bradley / Rookie

Green / Rookie

Sullinger / Olynyk / Amare 

Asik / Favarani

[/QUOTE]

That's really not a team that will be considered a contender but getting Asik and Hayward is not that far-fetched.

[/QUOTE]

You're right, but through next year Sullinger and Olynyk will develop. After Amare's contract expires we are able to resign Rondo after signing a bigger free agent than what will be available this summer.

Our two draft picks from the 2014 draft will give us two more potentially quality players. And then again in 2015. We could become a playoff team next year and then hopefully one of those 4-5 real contending teams in that following year.

Its not a big three, but its certainly a start.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

what if we end up with 8th seed? seriously, ec looks terrible.

should DA shift his gear?

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ainge is just waiting for the right time to get rid of Bass, Lee, Wallace, and Humphries.

All 4 players are not great players, but they have contributed and they're playing the right way.

That's why the Celts have 7 wins right now.

Don't expect all 4 to be still with the Celts after the trade deadline.

[/QUOTE]

i hope so. nyc teams causing us some problems. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Based on the standings, we might as well trade for Turner & Hawes and make a run at Miami. What the heck, we could still end up with a top 5 pick from Atl/Bkln anyway.

We'd get a lottery pick, have that $10MM TPE and be playoff bound ... a Win/Win situation ... Hahaha ...

BTW, no takers for Waitors on the game thread tonight so Fungus will be starting to leen my way with the Turner deal ... but very quietly .... Shhhhhhsssshhh!!!

After all he did see the light with Pressey and lately Crawford ... Remember your comment Fungus when I said the C's should play Crawford at PG and put AB back at SG ... "Interesting" .... another soft lean in agreement w/o saying so ... Hahaha.

Again, I'm not in the business of disagreeing with you just so I can disagree with you.

The 3-point shot is essential in Brad Stevens' system.

Evan Turner is not a good 3-point shooter.

But there is no doubt Evan Turner is a very good player right now.

And even if we get Hawes and Turner, we will NOT even come close to beating Miami in a 7-game series.

You're saying Brooklyn and Atlanta will end up lottery teams.

If that's the case then the Celts could end up with 2 lottery picks.

So it's possible the Celts could get in the top 5 or top 3 if Ainge offers 2 lottery picks for 1, right?

Again, it's not in our best interest to make the playoffs this season because we all know what the end result will be.

[/QUOTE]

I understand that our best interest is a lottery pick but based on the way things are going in the east there will be lots of teams that could bail out on the season and decide to tank as well putting us in a bad situation. With Brooklyn looking so bad and considering that the more they play KG & PP the less affective they will be come Feb, DWill having a hard time rebounding from injuries and his game being way behind schedule in helping the team regather itself (not to mention Lopez), the Brklyn pick may be lottery bound. All we need is for Atlanta to play to the same level and our own pick won't matter as much. If that's the case, take advantage of the other teams woes and pick up some castoffs cheap and give our guys a taste of the playoffs. Sure we won't beat Miami but we could test them and give our guys incentive to build upon. And, we'll have upgraded our asset base on the cheap and will be able to trade up again with a playoff tested young group of more qualified/prepared players with picks to use as bait in a trade or to add to the remodeled roster each year if our pick is worthy. Just another option ... Plan B ... Hahaha!

[/QUOTE]

+ 1

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ainge is just waiting for the right time to get rid of Bass, Lee, Wallace, and Humphries.

All 4 players are not great players, but they have contributed and they're playing the right way.

That's why the Celts have 7 wins right now.

Don't expect all 4 to be still with the Celts after the trade deadline.

[/QUOTE]

i hope so. nyc teams causing us some problems. 

[/QUOTE]

I completely disagree. You couldn't be more incorrect.

Iguarantee you that Danny is not dying to get rid of Hump Bass and Lee. Humphries is an expiring contract and its not like he's eating up minutes for Sulky or KO. Danny is probably more than content to let Hump expire. The value in the contract for a trade would be in getting rid of Wallace's contract if you could flip them both for Amare, but this stems from Danny dying to get rid of Wallace not Hump.

Bassand Lee are both solid, serviceable veteran role players who aren't that expensive. Seriously 11M for two guys who can start or give 20mpg off the bench is not something a GM is dying to get rid of. Its purely Wallace. Stop including the other three, especially Hump because then you should include Hogans and Brooks.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

morrow is a good addition if we are a playoff team. turner or hayward? i'll take turner, put green at sg. but we still need embiid or a center that provides defense.

Rondo/crawford

Green/morrow

Turner/brooklyn's 1st pick

Sully/Oly

Embiid/Asik(via trade)

will you consider this kind of team? for me, yes.

is this a playoff team? maybe

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

morrow is a good addition if we are a playoff team. turner or hayward? i'll take turner, put green at sg. but we still need embiid or a center that provides defense.

Rondo/crawford

Green/morrow

Turner/brooklyn's 1st pick

Sully/Oly

Embiid/Asik(via trade)

will you consider this kind of team? for me, yes.

is this a playoff team? maybe

Why put Green in the SG spot ... for more 3's? Leave Turner at SG where he'll be a scoring machine or turn Green into one with Rondo.

And Embiid ahead of Asik?  I still prefer Hawes to Asik for the offense but either Hawes or Asik is just a building block, not the final answer. When Asik are gone I suppose Embiid could be that guy or Fav may be ready to be that guy with Embiid behind him.

Not a contender with Embiid as starting Center though ....

+ 1

how do you get hawes? bass and lee for asik is possible.

Sections
Shortcuts