Dirk is a beast.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

Dirk is a beast.

The way he handled all the ways OKC was trying to guard him was impressive to say the least!
    Ibaka and Perk played good defense on him, but his ability to make his one leg fade away shots right in the defenders grill is crazy.
    He definitely is one of the best big man shooters if not all around shooters in the history of the game.
    Finally he and the mavs are stepping their game up in the postseason after all those first round exists, wouldn't mind seeing dirk and jason kidd get a ring.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

Re: Dirk is a beast.

Classy dude who has taken alot of heat in the past few years, only to respond with a better post game and improved rebounding. I've never seen an offensive performance like that in a big game. Kudos to Dirk, I hope the Mavs can get their first championship.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

I'm waiting for the 'lets trade green and draft picks for Dirk' to pop up. Only in boston folks, only in boston!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I'm happy for him

His teammates are good, but unremarkable

As long as the Bulls beat the Heat, I can just enjoy good basketball for the rest of the playoffs

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

In Response to Re: Dirk is a beast.:
    [QUOTE]I'm waiting for the 'lets trade green and draft picks for Dirk' to pop up. Only in boston folks, only in boston!
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

You're a joke. Not every Boston fan lacks understanding and makes crazy trade conjectures. How fun was it getting your Aces whooped by a guy, Dirk, that your team labeled as soft (see matt barnes).  Go home, troll.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PauGasolSmells143. Show PauGasolSmells143's posts

[QUOTE]I'm waiting for the 'lets trade green and draft picks for Dirk' to pop up. Only in boston folks, only in boston!

Seems like I've heard similar predictions from lakerland, even a certain famous Laker moron who spends his time on TV.  You know the whole let's trade Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odom for Dwight Howard hogwash.  Let's run the guys on our team out the door before the series is even over stuff.  The kneeless Kobe Bryant can still win us another championship without passing stuff.

Only in LA.  With ecstasy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]I'm happy for him His teammates are good, but unremarkable As long as the Bulls beat the Heat, I can just enjoy good basketball for the rest of the playoffs
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

I agree with you about the Bulls winning this seies.  I don't really care who wins the NBA finals, as long as Miami isn't competing for it.  If Miami does indeed win this series and is in the NBA finals, then I want whoever wins the Western Conference finals to win the championship this year. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dirk is a beast. : I agree with you about the Bulls winning this seies.  I don't really care who wins the NBA finals, as long as Miami isn't competing for it.  If Miami does indeed win this series and is in the NBA finals, then I want whoever wins the Western Conference finals to win the championship this year. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA.. thats funny Susan and Im right with you.. anyone but the HEat

Regarding Dirk, hes always been a beast.. an unbelievable shooter that can get his shot off at will.. back when the Mavs lost to the HEat in the finals the knock on Dirk was he never took it inside (ala KGs knock) but thats all changed.

Now hes just unstoppable inside & out.. even with a hand in his face his jumper is still true and now the Mavs have an inside presence in Chandler to play D and Terry off the bench has been sensational all season...

The cherry on top is Barea.. havent seen much of him this season but in the playoffs, he could be a starter hes been that effective.. Kidd goes out and in comes a Nate Archibald clone... thats how good hes been playing in the playoffs..

Im pulling for the MaVS to take it all.. definitely rooting against the Heat and behind them...rooting against the THunder.. as I dont want Perk to win a title and listen to all the horse**** about how he was the difference (cause hes definitely NOT)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

For me, who was and always has been a huge believer in Pitino, I laugh when I hear the franchise went south losing the TDuncan pick. The pick Pitino was pining for was Dirk. And then to see the Bucks, after beating him to the punch, trade Dirk to the Mavs for Tractor Traylor.
    Sure, PP was a great consolation choice, but what would the franchise have looked like with Dirk on board?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Or when the Fakers fans start their "we have all these great players we can trade for Dirk."   Of course Dirk has already "feasted on that so called champion team from LA.     He said it was "priceless"  
    You guys are the bozos that think every good player wants to play in LA. You know "Howard wants to come to LA" type stuff.   No one wants to play with the human "ball hog"  that always places blame on other players, never his fault.  I won't mention a name but I am sure everyone knows who it it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dirk is a beast. : HAHAHA.. thats funny Susan and Im right with you.. anyone but the HEat Regarding Dirk, hes always been a beast.. an unbelievable shooter that can get his shot off at will.. back when the Mavs lost to the HEat in the finals the knock on Dirk was he never took it inside (ala KGs knock) but thats all changed. Now hes just unstoppable inside & out.. even with a hand in his face his jumper is still true and now the Mavs have an inside presence in Chandler to play D and Terry off the bench has been sensational all season... The cherry on top is Barea.. havent seen much of him this season but in the playoffs, he could be a starter hes been that effective.. Kidd goes out and in comes a Nate Archibald clone... thats how good hes been playing in the playoffs.. Im pulling for the MaVS to take it all.. definitely rooting against the Heat and behind them...rooting against the THunder.. as I dont want Perk to win a title and listen to all the horse**** about how he was the difference (cause hes definitely NOT)
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

I remember when JJ was abusing Rondo and anyone else we put on him this year how there was posts like  it be unreal that JJ could actually do that to our all star guard.  He must not have been giving effort.  Well let me tell you something.  I have been watching JJ all year,  he is a a tough player that gets the job done.  The C's could use him and a couple more like him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dirk is a beast. : I remember when JJ was abusing Rondo and anyone else we put on him this year how there was posts like  it be unreal that JJ could actually do that to our all star guard.  He must not have been giving effort.  Well let me tell you something.  I have been watching JJ all year,  he is a a tough player that gets the job done.  The C's could use him and a couple more like him.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Barea is a great player and would be a great addition to any team.  I just recently read a nice article about him in the Metro, about the fact that he attended Northeastern and is one of the best players from Northeastern to make it to the NBA since Reggie Lewis.  He may be the only other player from Northeastern, although I am not sure.  They are not really known for their recruiting efforts and only occasionally have players make it to the pros. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Dirk is a beast.:
    [QUOTE]The way he handled all the ways OKC was trying to guard him was impressive to say the least! Ibaka and Perk played good defense on him, but his ability to make his one leg fade away shots right in the defenders grill is crazy. He definitely is one of the best big man shooters if not all around shooters in the history of the game. Finally he and the mavs are stepping their game up in the postseason after all those first round exists, wouldn't mind seeing dirk and jason kidd get a ring.
    Posted by allen2034[/QUOTE]

I remember leading up to that draft Pierce was being projected as perhaps as high as 2.  Then when the picking started he fell and fell and then Dirk went with the pick before him... I wonder how different things would have been if they had gone the other way.

Speaking of that draft, a pretty good one - Bibby, Pierce, Vince, Pierce, Jamison, White Chocolate....and of course Dirk.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dirk is a beast. : Barea is a great player and would be a great addition to any team.  I just recently read a nice article about him in the Metro, about the fact that he attended Northeastern and is one of the best players from Northeastern to make it to the NBA since Reggie Lewis.  He may be the only other player from Northeastern, although I am not sure.  They are not really known for their recruiting efforts and only occasionally have players make it to the pros. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

It's because Northeastern has real college academics with a heavy focus on science majors

Plus every student has to be smart enough and professional enough to do their year-long internship, making Northeastern a five-year school versus four

So players don't go there, except for hockey so they can lose to the Terriers :-D

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]For me, who was and always has been a huge believer in Pitino, I laugh when I hear the franchise went south losing the TDuncan pick. The pick Pitino was pining for was Dirk. And then to see the Bucks, after beating him to the punch, trade Dirk to the Mavs for Tractor Traylor. Sure, PP was a great consolation choice, but what would the franchise have looked like with Dirk on board?
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you weren't saying the same thing when Pierce was dropping 39 against LeBron James in Game 7 a few years ago...

They're both future Hall of Famers

Dirk was never a true BIG man.  The only thing I like about him is that he kinda reminds me of a poor man's Larry Bird, minus the passing ability.

But for years, the Mavs were handcuffed because Dirk wasn't a post defender or a rebounder.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

It seems that the heart implant that Dirk received this past off season is finally paying off. The mavs are clearly looking like the best team left of the 4, but until they finally win a title with this bunch, they will always be considered as the team that needs an extra team physician that can perform the Heimlich maneuver. Cool

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from c.wright. Show c.wright's posts

Keep up the good works Dirk, this is your year, if it wasn't for the C's
    the Mav's would be my favorite team.
    Now that the C's are done, I still have the Mav's to watch.
    Dirk you deserve it ALL!!!!!