Dirk Nowitzki To Take Massive Pay Cut To Keep Mavericks Competitive

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Dirk Nowitzki To Take Massive Pay Cut To Keep Mavericks Competitive

The Dallas Mavericks power forward is willing to take a "significant pay cut" in the summer. Nowitzki recently told the media:

At this point of my career, it's all about competing and winning. It's not about money. Obviously, Cuban took care of me for a long, long time. I always tried to pay him back by hard playing and being here for this franchise, so I don't think we're going to fight over money. I want to compete over these last couple of years. That's going to be the goal.

The intention is for the team to sign a high-priced free agent along the lines of Dwight Howard or Chris Paul, although it remains to be seen whether there is mutual interest from the superstars. 

Nowitzki and the Mavericks are coming off their worst season in years. The German only played in 53 games after dealing with injuries and averaged just 17.3 points per contest. Both of these numbers were the lowest since his rookie season in 1998-99

VERY INTERESTING , I WONDER IF.......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Re: Dirk Nowitzki To Take Massive Pay Cut To Keep Mavericks Competitive

How come we can't get players like that .... Hmmmm KG????

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

the pierce signing at 15M X 4 was a travesty.  then KG @ 11M this last year was a joke.  the celts have set the precedent for overpaying over the hill guys who used to be franchise players.  if pierce and kg don't sign for a combined 5-6M this next year then forget it and just move on.

these two guys have booked HALF A BILLION DOLLARS of pay in the NBA.  if they want to HONESTLY have "one more run" then they are going to need a HELL OF A LOT OF HELP to do it.  and if they leave to go to another "contender" they are both going to be SIXTH MEN.  and they will play for VET MIN.  we should not pay them significantly more than VET MIN if they stay here

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Lets not blame the players for what DA agreed to pay them...

If Dirk is going to give back some $$$ for the good of the team, thats fine ... his choice and whats important to him....  I wouldnt get upset with KG or PP if they didnt say ... I want to give the Celtics my money so they can give it to someone else....