DIRK OR BRON: WHO NEEDS A RING MORE? WHO HAS THE MOST PRESSURE?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

DIRK OR BRON: WHO NEEDS A RING MORE? WHO HAS THE MOST PRESSURE?

i'm going with dirk. bron will have more time. but i recall people saying that with another miami star back in the day, dan marino. so many teams will be very competitive next year. for dirk, i think its all or nothing this year. if the mavs cant win, i just do not see him ever doing it. he would be a pat ewing or karl malone. if dirk wins it, he will be in the top 10 of all time and start pushing larry bird. if he gets the finals mvp, he may even start pushing paul pierce as well (slight laugh). 

right now, i see the mavs being able to beat either the bulls or heat (leaning more towards the heat). they just bring too much to the tanBe. they can beat you in so many ways. death by a thousand cuts!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: DIRK OR BRON: WHO NEEDS TO WIN A RING MORE THIS YEAR?

I agree that Dirk needs to win a ring more this year.  Dallas has been terrific in the playoffs this year and if they continue dominating they have a good chance of beating any Eastern Conference team.  I am not sure what happened to them this year in the playoffs, but it is nice to see them playing so well.  I just don't want to see Miami make it to the NBA finals, but if they do, it will probably be against Dallas. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

The Aryan Blitzkriege

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

wow, so far its 9-0 for dirk. wasnt expecting it to be this much of a rout. no one thinks king james with the big 3 and all the pressure he gets and will be getting needs to win this year. no one thinks that? why not? actually thought the poll would go more in that direction. interesting. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to DIRK OR BRON: WHO NEEDS TO WIN A RING MORE THIS YEAR?:
    [QUOTE]i'm going with dirk. bron will have more time. but i recall people saying that with another miami star back in the day, dan marino. so many teams will be very competitive next year. for dirk, i think its all or nothing this year. if the mavs cant win, i just do not see him ever doing it. he would be a pat ewing or karl malone. if dirk wins it, he will be in the top 10 of all time and start pushing larry bird. if he gets the finals mvp, he may even start pushing paul pierce as well (slight laugh).  right now, i see the mavs being able to beat either the bulls or heat (leaning more towards the heat). they just bring too much to the tanBe. they can beat you in so many ways. death by a thousand cuts!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

All I can say is that the Dallas  - Miami final will add yet another year where the point guard is generally irrelevant.  In the last 20 years there have been 6 Bulls titles, 5 Spurs titles, 5 Lakers titles, 1 Heat, 1 Pistons, a Celtics title, and two Rockets titles.

Of all those teams only Parker and Billups are what I would call good point guards, the rest of the time the league showed us that BIGS and wings win titles and that the importance of the point guard is largely overrated.  Good thing the Cs that have a point guard that is overrated at the position is overrated.

I don't think it is important if either one ever wins a title, Dirk is one of the greatest shooters / powerforwards of all time and LeBron (regardless of titles) is already one of the greatest players ever.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Dirk

BUT if the Thunder or Heat advance, then LeBron gets upgraded to even

If Durant or Derrick Rose gets a ring before LeBron does, it'll stay with LeBron's legacy for the rest of his life (which I'm kinda hoping happens :-D )

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The best win...

The smartest players win, when old age has taken a toll on your body but you still win...  Dirk is older, he needs it more.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

dirk needs it more

but dallas plays little to no defense

and defense wins titles

plus miami will have homecourt

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from caesarthecat. Show caesarthecat's posts

dirk deserves it

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: DIRK OR BRON: WHO NEEDS TO WIN A RING MORE THIS YEAR?:
    [QUOTE]The person with a smaller window of opportunity which is Dirk.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]THATS true but bron is chasing a bigger piece of history. he's trying to be BIGGER than jordan.dirk is just trying to get in the conversation with larry bird. talking level 1 superstardom vs level 2. jordan is up there all by himself. i now say BRON!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Re: DIRK OR BRON: WHO NEEDS A RING MORE? WHO HAS THE MOST PRESSURE?

The gerbils on crack or media talking heads as they prefer to be called will say LeBron, because they have anointed him as the greatest player ever for the last 5 years. Dirk isn't given the media accolades being that he is a fundementally perfect player that doesn't rely soleley on physical skills, he is a European white player and he isn't an product and self promoting machine.

It's going to be a better series than many think. It is a classic scenario, a team of superstars vs a team of other guys that have flown under the glare of mega media mega hype. It's blue collar working stiffs vs the country club elite snobs. I think the Heat will have a harder time keeping Dirk in check than the Mavs do Lebron. Shawn Marion defense in the clutch so far has been some of the best in a long long time. I didn't think he was capable of playing D the way he has. I think Bosch will not be a major factor as he was in the last series. The Mavs dou of Chandler and Heyward are a couple of the most physical defenders around and if Bosch has to guard Dirk he won't have the legs down the stretch.

Coaching is about even Spoelestra is a much better coach than I ever expected, his in game and series adjustments are as much a part of the Heats success as their Superduper stars and Carlisle has softened up his micro management issues and is an excellent Xs and Os guy on both ends of the floor. The matchup reminds me of when the Sonics played the Bullets in the 70s which was considered to be a dud of a series turned out to be a great 7 game series.
    Mavs in 6.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

In Response to Re: DIRK OR BRON: WHO NEEDS TO WIN A RING MORE THIS YEAR?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: DIRK OR BRON: WHO NEEDS TO WIN A RING MORE THIS YEAR? : THATS true but bron is chasing a bigger piece of history. he's trying to be BIGGER than jordan.dirk is just trying to get in the conversation with larry bird. talking level 1 superstardom vs level 2. jordan is up there all by himself. i now say BRON!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Lebron is bigger than Jordan. You didn't know Lebron is listed as 6'8" and 250 lbs? lol

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Re: DIRK OR BRON: WHO NEEDS A RING MORE? WHO HAS THE MOST PRESSURE?

In Response to DIRK OR BRON: WHO NEEDS A RING MORE? WHO HAS THE MOST PRESSURE?:
    Lebron needs it more. He needs to win multiple titles.  Dirk can skate,if he loses,but Bron will stil get critized,if he wins most likely.

Sections
Shortcuts