Dirk - Warrior or Pansy?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Dirk - Warrior or Pansy?

Everyone already knows that Dirk's heart implant finally payed off, and the mavs got back to the Finals after a 5 year drought, but why would he cry about his torn ligament in his middle finger on his non-shooting hand after last night's game? Kobe Bryant has played 2 full seasons and won a ring with torn ligaments in a finger on HIS SHOOTING HAND, and numeroud other ailments. Dirk has not EVER had any serious injury and is crying like a baby that just had its candy taken away. So, celtic fans is Dirk a warrior or a pansy?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: Dirk - Warrior or Pansy?

These next few games are going to be a litmus test on his comparisons to Bird. Let's see how Dirk handles it. Bird may not have even taped up the fingers or told anyone about his finger until after the series.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

In Response to Re: Dirk - Warrior or Pansy?:
    These next few games are going to be a litmus test on his comparisons to Bird. Let's see how Dirk handles it. Bird may not have even taped up the fingers or told anyone about his finger until after the series.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Agreed. Bird definitely falls under the warrior category. He played when the league only called a flagrant foul if there was blood involved.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Dirk is a warrior, but he's no Larry Bird.  Get serious.   He doesn't do the rebounding, bringing the ball up court, assists, and post ups that Bird did.  Bird never cried about a foul.  Bird would just punish you for fouling him or for an offensive foul.  Do you EVER remember Larry Bird having that "I can't believe I didn't get a call and that's why I missed" look on his face?

Dirk will fight through this, but he will shy away from the contact while Bird would have relished it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Dirk is a warrior, but he's no Larry Bird.  Get serious.   He doesn't do the rebounding, bringing the ball up court, assists, and post ups that Bird did.  Bird never cried about a foul.  Bird would just punish you for fouling him or for an offensive foul.  Do you EVER remember Larry Bird having that "I can't believe I didn't get a call and that's why I missed" look on his face? Dirk will fight through this, but he will shy away from the contact while Bird would have relished it.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

So all of these mentioned qualities about Bird makes Dirk a warrior? What makes a Dirk a warrior? To me, he seems like a soft european player that has taken 13 years for his game to finally come to fruition.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Those comments address/support the posters above that Dirk should not be compared to Bird.  it disrespects Bird.

But, Dirk is a warrior.  he's been pushed knocked, guarded by smal quick players and big stronger players.  Doesn't matter he scores.  Shoots 3's, goes to the basket, shoots post up fall aways, passes well over double teams.....he comes to play no matter how much he gets knocked around.  he's gotten better over the years (more determined and more skilled).  I respect that he is no longer soft.  He's said "the finger doesn't hurt much".  He'll play well, I predict.  Still might lose, but he will come to play!

Warrior.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Dirk - Warrior or Pansy?:
    Everyone already knows that Dirk's heart implant finally payed off, and the mavs got back to the Finals after a 5 year drought, but why would he cry about his torn ligament in his middle finger on his non-shooting hand after last night's game? Kobe Bryant has played 2 full seasons and won a ring with torn ligaments in a finger on HIS SHOOTING HAND, and numeroud other ailments. Dirk has not EVER had any serious injury and is crying like a baby that just had its candy taken away. So, celtic fans is Dirk a warrior or a pansy?
    Posted by Tayshawn

Duh... obviously Dirk is a pansy, his uniform is not green.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

...facepalm...

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

First: 3/24/2011
    Last: 6/2/2011
    If Dirk is a pansy then you could say a pansy made the Lakers quit in the 2nd round of this year's playoffs.

HAHAHA!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

Agreed, and it makes perfect sense as to why the same Lakers beat the celtics last year. 

Cool

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerFan67. Show LakerFan67's posts

No, the Lakers beat the Celtics last year because they had the better team. And if pansy means crying about losing, then many of the Celtics fans fit the definition.

The Celtic players are not pansies. Dirk is not a pansy and neither was Bird. And any team that gets to the finals are winners no matter who gets the trophy in the end.

Dirk is a phenomenal player. Wade and LeBron are also phenomenal players. I'll just sit back and enjoy the games, not having to side with any team.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

We should get an answer to the poll question tonight.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Any questions now?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Exactly!!!!   Can we end this debate now?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

That was an epic choke and I thouroughly enjoyed it. Dallas can beat the Heat but they make so many donkey mistakes. Half the turnovers they commit are 100% their fault and the Heat score on like 75% of them.
    Posted by tompenny

Your exactly right.  If the Mavs cut the unforced to's down a lot the Heat would have a hard time scoring.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Heat really struggle in the half court offense.  If Lebron and Wade aren't getting those impossible turnaround fall away 3 point shots to fall, they have nothing.  

Dallas will win this series if they simply cut down on the turnovers because Dallas has the more balanced offense that can counteract Miami's great defense.  They just gotta stop throwing the ball away!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

GO DALLAS!

wat a comeback! Dirk is a Warrior, but really The Matrix won this one.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Der Commisars in town uh oh. James thought the game was over around 6:57 left. The Dirkernator said; "I now come back". Dirk blitzkreiged the big 3 in what may have been the heats last home game of the year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Well, after last nights game this thread should be erased.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

I see the typical beantown mantra of bandwagon jumping is still at work. So Dirk is a warrior now because he had a great close to a game? This series is far from over from what I have seen so far. And from what every other knowledgeable NBA insider is saying, it was not so much a maverick comeback as it was a heat collapse. Maybe if Dirk gets a ring this year, then I will change my mind, but up until this years playoffs (13 years to judge) I still consider him to be soft minded and weak.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Heat really struggle in the half court offense.  If Lebron and Wade aren't getting those impossible turnaround fall away 3 point shots to fall, they have nothing.   Dallas will win this series if they simply cut down on the turnovers because Dallas has the more balanced offense that can counteract Miami's great defense.  They just gotta stop throwing the ball away!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

I definitely agree with you. 

Sections
Shortcuts