DISBELIEF: Pryzbilla was out there available until Aug 9 and we did not sign him???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

DISBELIEF: Pryzbilla was out there available until Aug 9 and we did not sign him???

Now listen, I know vanilla gerilla is a limited player.  HOWEVER, he returned from injury last year to close out playing all but 4 of the last 27 games for POR while gathering in 5.1 REBS (something we need!) in 16 minutes of floor time a game.

turn that into 15.3 rebs per 48 min game pace or what the heck let's just put it at per 32 min plays 10.2 rebs, dwarfing bass' and collin's combined rebounding production for their 32 mins on the floor.

what goes on here?  is this more AINGE IDIOCY or the legendary yet ridiculously misplaced distaste that KG has shown over the years- as defined by irrational anger (faux or not i could never discern) at the very sight of pryzbilla???

all i know i is we are in deep mud at the 5 spot and pryzbilla for 15 minutes a night to spell KG from that bump and grind position PLUS with bynum now in the east, how does this guy not get signed to a green shirt?????  COMPLETELY DECENT PER MINUTE REBOUNDING NUMBERS.

i dare you to look at collin's per minute rebounding numbers.... they are a HORROR SHOW.  this makes no sense to me how pryzbilla could have gone this long unsigned and we didn't take a crack at him.  is this simply becuase of KG?? 

you'd think KG would welcome an able rebounder into the fold right now to take some of the bang em up minutes off his hands- NOT EVERY NIGHT is KG with every waking moment at 5 going to be a yummy advantage for us, you all realize that, right?

so, how could we have whiffed so badly at this seemingly COMMON SENSE signing?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: DISBELIEF: Pryzbilla was out there available until Aug 9 and we did not sign him???

Pryzbilla can board, no doubt about that.  I believe the last year he had without signifcant injury was 09 though.  That might have played into it.  I agree he is much better than Collins though...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: DISBELIEF: Pryzbilla was out there available until Aug 9 and we did not sign him???

In Response to DISBELIEF: Pryzbilla was out there available until Aug 9 and we did not sign him???:
    Now listen, I know vanilla gerilla is a limited player.  HOWEVER, he returned from injury last year to close out playing all but 4 of the last 27 games for POR while gathering in 5.1 REBS (something we need!) in 16 minutes of floor time a game. turn that into 15.3 rebs per 48 min game pace or what the heck let's just put it at per 32 min plays 10.2 rebs, dwarfing bass' and collin's combined rebounding production for their 32 mins on the floor. what goes on here?  is this more AINGE IDIOCY or the legendary yet ridiculously misplaced distaste that KG has shown over the years- as defined by irrational anger (faux or not i could never discern) at the very sight of pryzbilla??? all i know i is we are in deep mud at the 5 spot and pryzbilla for 15 minutes a night to spell KG from that bump and grind position PLUS with bynum now in the east, how does this guy not get signed to a green shirt?????  COMPLETELY DECENT PER MINUTE REBOUNDING NUMBERS. i dare you to look at collin's per minute rebounding numbers.... they are a HORROR SHOW.  this makes no sense to me how pryzbilla could have gone this long unsigned and we didn't take a crack at him.  is this simply becuase of KG??  you'd think KG would welcome an able rebounder into the fold right now to take some of the bang em up minutes off his hands- NOT EVERY NIGHT is KG with every waking moment at 5 going to be a yummy advantage for us, you all realize that, right? so, how could we have whiffed so badly at this seemingly COMMON SENSE signing?
    Posted by aciemvp

I suppose that run, run and run has a theory about why DA might hesitate to sign the vanilla gorilla.

This baffling.

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeemsToMe. Show SeemsToMe's posts

Is there anything in print to indicate that the Celts did not make an offer?
    Seems

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

In Response to DISBELIEF: Pryzbilla was out there available until Aug 9 and we did not sign him???:
    Now listen, I know vanilla gerilla is a limited player.  HOWEVER, he returned from injury last year to close out playing all but 4 of the last 27 games for POR while gathering in 5.1 REBS (something we need!) in 16 minutes of floor time a game. turn that into 15.3 rebs per 48 min game pace or what the heck let's just put it at per 32 min plays 10.2 rebs, dwarfing bass' and collin's combined rebounding production for their 32 mins on the floor. what goes on here?  is this more AINGE IDIOCY or the legendary yet ridiculously misplaced distaste that KG has shown over the years- as defined by irrational anger (faux or not i could never discern) at the very sight of pryzbilla??? all i know i is we are in deep mud at the 5 spot and pryzbilla for 15 minutes a night to spell KG from that bump and grind position PLUS with bynum now in the east, how does this guy not get signed to a green shirt?????  COMPLETELY DECENT PER MINUTE REBOUNDING NUMBERS. i dare you to look at collin's per minute rebounding numbers.... they are a HORROR SHOW.  this makes no sense to me how pryzbilla could have gone this long unsigned and we didn't take a crack at him.  is this simply becuase of KG??  you'd think KG would welcome an able rebounder into the fold right now to take some of the bang em up minutes off his hands- NOT EVERY NIGHT is KG with every waking moment at 5 going to be a yummy advantage for us, you all realize that, right? so, how could we have whiffed so badly at this seemingly COMMON SENSE signing?
    Posted by aciemvp

Hi Acie

Ainge does not like international guys and Garnett beats up international guys in practice and makes life tough on them. You can understand why Semi and Krystic didn't want to come back.
    Take care Run

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: DISBELIEF: Pryzbilla was out there available until Aug 9 and we did not sign him???:
    Is there anything in print to indicate that the Celts did not make an offer? Seems
    Posted by SeemsToMe

I think you can assume they didn't.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: DISBELIEF: Pryzbilla was out there available until Aug 9 and we did not sign him???:
    In Response to DISBELIEF: Pryzbilla was out there available until Aug 9 and we did not sign him??? :  Hi Acie Ainge does not like international guys and Garnett beats up international guys in practice and makes life tough on them. You can understand why Semi and Krystic didn't want to come back. Take care Run
    Posted by runrunandrun

Hi Run.,

Pryzbilla is from Minnesota.  That is in America.

Take care,

Snake.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeemsToMe. Show SeemsToMe's posts

In Response to Re: DISBELIEF: Pryzbilla was out there available until Aug 9 and we did not sign him??? : I think you can assume they didn't.
    Posted by concord27

concord,

Why can you assume?
    Seems

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

In Response to DISBELIEF: Pryzbilla was out there available until Aug 9 and we did not sign him??? :  Hi Acie Ainge does not like international guys and Garnett beats up international guys in practice and makes life tough on them. You can understand why Semi and Krystic didn't want to come back. Take care Run
    Posted by runrunandrun

Pryzbilla is from the good ol' US of A. That idea won't work here. :p

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Danny has not seriously upgraded the Celtics in any way this offseason. Jason Terry to replace Ray Allen - Allen a much better shooter, hands down Courtney Lee - For all of our draft picks from last year. And then on top of that the Lakers go make two huge splaches and propel themselves to the top.  UGH!!!
    Posted by GoGREEN!

Aww.  You and your fake Celtic thing are adorable.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

Posted by aciemvp

I wonder why he was still available on aug.9 when everybody is looking for a center,

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: DISBELIEF: Pryzbilla was out there available until Aug 9 and we did not sign him??? : I am just smart enough to take off my green glasses and see what is really going on. I love the Celtics more than life itself, but am very disappointed and frustrated with management. All of these supposed great deals and yet we still have no big man, except for Collins. Not much to be thrilled about, huh? Ugh!!
    Posted by GoGREEN!

Slow day at the office dude man?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

Pryzbilla's games played in his career:
    Thats 4 seasons out of 13 that he has played basically a full season.  His highest Rebounds per game was 8.8 and that was 4 years ago.
    In his career he has averaged 6.3 rebounds and 1.4 blocks....THIS is the guy you are crying for??

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

A more telling question is, why has he only averaged 20 minutes per game in his career?
    Do you really think the Bucks, Atalanta, and the Blazers didnt know what they had with this guy, and he will suddenly play 32 minutes per game with the Celtics?
    Do you really think Rondo, who loves to run, wants this anchor in sneakers lagging behind on every play?
    Maybe he will find the fountain of youth and not miss an AVERAGE of 34 games per season.....i'll pass

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

In Response to Re: DISBELIEF: Pryzbilla was out there available until Aug 9 and we did not sign him??? : Hi Run., Pryzbilla is from Minnesota.  That is in America. Take care, Snake.
    Posted by snakeoil123

MY Bad  I was thinking of Pachulia  not Pryzilla.

Run

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Pryzbilla can board, no doubt about that.  I believe the last year he had without signifcant injury was 09 though.  That might have played into it.  I agree he is much better than Collins though...
    Posted by snakeoil123

so what's your point- he and collins average same number of games played per year for years now

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to DISBELIEF: Pryzbilla was out there available until Aug 9 and we did not sign him??? : I wonder why he was still available on aug.9 when everybody is looking for a center,
    Posted by debrit

listen, i never said this wasn't like looking for just a little bit of crap vs a lot of crap.  BOTH pryzbilla and collins have shown injury laden careers.  however, the FUNCTIONALITY disparity between the two is shocking.

danny set his sights LOW in signing collins, a 7 footer who rebounds like tony allen cut off at the knees.  i had mistakenly thought pryzbilla was injured all of last year and hence the lack of interest, however, he CAME BACK and finished the year pretty good (in per minute rebounds) AFTER being injured.

there is just no excuse for not signing the better of the two stiffs given that steamer departed the team.  COLLINS IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR EVEN WHAT GREENHORN STEAMER DID FOR US LAST YEAR!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

A more telling question is, why has he only averaged 20 minutes per game in his career? Do you really think the Bucks, Atalanta, and the Blazers didnt know what they had with this guy, and he will suddenly play 32 minutes per game with the Celtics? Do you really think Rondo, who loves to run, wants this anchor in sneakers lagging behind on every play? Maybe he will find the fountain of youth and not miss an AVERAGE of 34 games per season.....i'll pass
    Posted by slicksteve38

slicksteve- you have slicked yourself right out of the arguement.  the arguement is COLLINS THE CADAVER who was signed almost immediately like he wore sneakers of gold, vs. pryzbilla the FUNCTIONAL REBOUNDER.

NEITHER of these guys have played serious minutes lately.  BUT COLLINS EXTREMELY FAR LESS THAN PRYZBILLA- look over the last eight years and see who has been on the floor more per night.

NEITHER guy is a starting center- they are both back up (collins actually 3rd or 4th string due to awful rebounding) bang 'em up center guys- the GOOD back up bang em up guys play 15-20 mins a game- like tony battie used to for us.  that's what pryzbilla's career has been about and he showed at the end of last season he was back for injury and able to go 15 a night

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Pryzbilla, Jason Collins... What happened is Mark Eaton not available to be signed?
    Posted by TommyRules

you could sign eric fernsten at his actual age right now and he'll get as many rebounds as collins will

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

A more telling question is, why has he only averaged 20 minutes per game in his career? Do you really think the Bucks, Atalanta, and the Blazers didnt know what they had with this guy, and he will suddenly play 32 minutes per game with the Celtics? Do you really think Rondo, who loves to run, wants this anchor in sneakers lagging behind on every play? Maybe he will find the fountain of youth and not miss an AVERAGE of 34 games per season.....i'll pass
    Posted by slicksteve38

steve- the PER MINUTE rebounding analysis was for all of the "advanced stat" guys- i never intimated he would play 32 mins a game for us- just looking at his PRODUCTIVITY PER MINUTE- which is something we totally lack when it comes to rebounding

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In Response to Re: DISBELIEF: Pryzbilla was out there available until Aug 9 and we did not sign him??? : I am just smart enough to take off my green glasses and see what is really going on. I love the Celtics more than life itself, but am very disappointed and frustrated with management. All of these supposed great deals and yet we still have no big man, except for Collins. Not much to be thrilled about, huh? Ugh!!
    Posted by GoGREEN!

DA did a fantastic job this off season.He upgrade the team in several positions.We lost Ray, his decision,we got the Jet and courtney Lee both younger,better defender, and both real good 3 points shooters.Why complain?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In Response to Re: DISBELIEF: Pryzbilla was out there available until Aug 9 and we did not sign him??? : listen, i never said this wasn't like looking for just a little bit of crap vs a lot of crap.  BOTH pryzbilla and collins have shown injury laden careers.  however, the FUNCTIONALITY disparity between the two is shocking. danny set his sights LOW in signing collins, a 7 footer who rebounds like tony allen cut off at the knees.  i had mistakenly thought pryzbilla was injured all of last year and hence the lack of interest, however, he CAME BACK and finished the year pretty good (in per minute rebounds) AFTER being injured. there is just no excuse for not signing the better of the two stiffs given that steamer departed the team.  COLLINS IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR EVEN WHAT GREENHORN STEAMER DID FOR US LAST YEAR!!
    Posted by aciemvp

Collins played like a allstar against the celtics.We only need a big body to play 5-10 min a game.Why not Collins?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

tommyrules, the lakers had dj mbega, troy murphy..so the lakers get bad biggs too..

Go green, Terry vs allen...come on...allen has become a point and shoot just a shooter. He cant find his shot..and cant play d..Jason terry was 6 man of the year..he could do alot of things...all ray can do is shoot. Jason terry almost shoots as well. but can create, play d and rebound better than ray..courntey lee is a shooter like eddie house plays d and is young and ahletic..With terry and lee the celtics are upgraded over dooling and quis daniells and sasha pavovic. The celtics are putting alot on jeff green...Im as ?? as you...but green was the 5 pick in the draft he had good years...But...Lets see..but look at the biggs..sulinger can give you big baby numbers..Melo can give you more than steinsma..and jason collins is a defensive minded and has given howard issues..Wilcox is back and is better than jermaine onel...So I dont understand why your so sad...

aciemvp,

Look at jason collins games vs. howard...Collins has done well...steinsma..SUCKED. przbilla can tip balls in and has a small o game..jason collins does not play o well..but he plays d...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Acie I get the feeling you have thrown in the towel on the season before it even started. 

In fact the Celtics have been in the loop with Pryz and his agent since last December. 

I'm sure there is a reason why he didn't end up signing here at some point. I'll see if I can get a Celts beat reporter to find out. 

I agree Pryz is probably a tad better than Collins but I don't agree that it would have made a huge impact on this season. 

Ainge may have been (rightly) concerned about Pryz' ability to stay healthy. I'm not a big Ainge guy but he has had a pretty decent offseason You seem a little bitter about this team as if Ainge has personally wronged you and I"m not sure why that would be. It's been a good run the last five or so years. Way better than the Pitino years. ML Carr as coach and so on....

Sections
Shortcuts