Discuss your desired offseason moves

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Discuss your desired offseason moves

These should be fun ideas and a thread where we all realize many ideas are not likely to happen. They are not 'predictions' that disclaimer is needed for a poster who will no doubt reference one of your trade ideas someday and yell HAHAHA at you because it never happened. 

Mine:

1. Trade the lotto pick if it is not top 3, with Sully, Bass, Bogans non-guaranteed contract, and our 2015 1st rd pick for Kevin Love

2. Sign and trade Kris Humphries (like 2 years 18 million), Vitor Faverani, maybe the non-guaranteed contract of Chris Johnson if it is needed for $ reasons, and the Clippers 2015 1st rd pick to the Rockets for Omer Asik.

3. Sign Avery Bradley for 5 years 27.5 million (the max you give him is 4/30).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Discuss your desired offseason moves

DaCeltics has suggested PJ Tucker for the MLE

I am very much onboard with that, even if Green and Wallace are here. I do prefer Pierce though if he desires to return.

Tucker over Chris Johnson as our wing for 18 mins at SG and 8 minutes at SF is a no brainer for me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

After my first 3 moves, if Ainge sees no way that the Celtics can lure Durant or LeBron here summer of 2016, here is what I would do:

4. Once Luol Deng sees the Celtics frontcourt is Love and Asik, and he can be receiving passes from Rondo, he threatens to leave Cleveland (prob will anyhow) for a team like Phoenix, unless they trade him here. Trade Jeff Green and our 2015 1st rd pick for Deng, signed and traded at 4/44.

5. Paul Pierce threatens the Nets in a similar fashion. Says he will sign here for the MLE and the Nets get nothing. The Nets, still desperate to be in contender mode and having no chance to shed salaries until 2016 anyhow, sign and trade Pierce here for Gerald Wallace. 2 years 16 million for Paul. We kick the Nets back a good 76ers 2nd rd pick.

6. The Magic, still planning to be in a 2-3 year rebuild, have two of their best players at the same position in '15 FA Arron Afflalo and young star Oladipo. They send Afflalo to the Celtics for 7.5 million of the Pierce TPE. Saving them that cash. The Celtics send the Magic the better of their two 2016 1st rd picks (top 3 protected).

C - Asik, Olynyk

PF - Love, Olynyk, 1st rd pick (Adrien Payne perhaps?)

SF - Deng, Pierce

SG - Afflalo, Avery

PG - Rondo, Pressey

Couldn't that team contend right away? The 2004 Pistons only better? The most balanced and best starting 5 in the game?

They'd have:

- A proven all-star (Love)

- Two former all-stars under age 30 (Rondo and Deng) who could be all-stars again

- A center under 30 many describe as one of the best rim defenders in the game

- A 29 year old 18ppg SG who shot 42% from 3 last year and is a career 39%.

- The greatest Celtic since Bird off the bench for the last two years of his career

- Two promising young players drafted in the teens, plus the undrafted gem in Pressey

- A pitbull of a defender who can hit corner 3's and go backdoor with the best of them

- A rising young star of a coach

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

1.  Get the #1 pick

2.  Get pick #31 from MIL with promise not to take Embiid

3.  3 team trade:

to HOU - Joel Anthony, Rajon Rondo  and Alec Burks

to UTAH - Jeremy Lin, Dontaes Montejunas, picks #17 and 25

to BOS - Gordon Hayward and Omer Asik and pick, #4

Draft Exum #1, Parker #4 and Austin #31..........trade Green later ..........

HOU gets a PG and a backup C, as well as a defensive minded rotation guard.

Rondo/Harden/Parsons/Ross/Howard............Burks, and they can still make a run at Carmelo........

Utah - Jazz only have 16 mill committed to next year.  They can now use Hayward's money to re-sign Favors, they have a PG, C and PF........and they will stink next year regardless.  "Perhaps" they'll want quantity of players over quality...........and they have no coach.

BOS - Exum, Hayward, Parker, Sully and Asik

Bench - Pressey, Johnson, Green/ Wallace, Bass, Oly, Fav and Austin

Remember the rules, rame, this is FUN and unrealistic...........so I win again, lol!!

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Id like to add K.Love, Pekovic and the their 2014 1st rounder for Sully, Gerald Wallace, Humphries, Bayless, and future picks.

I'd like to trade Bass for PJ Tucker in a sign and trade.

I would like to draft Embiid, Gordon and Napier.

I would like to add Pierce for the MLE.

I would like to keep Bradley at 8 mil per.

2015 playoff roster:

Rondo-Bradley-Green-Love-Pekovic

Pressey-Tucker-Pierce-Olynyk-Faverani

Napier-Gordon-Embiid-Joel Anthony

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

My coclusio. Delusion. Of course I will agree if you lose Gordon

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

2015 playoff roster:

Rondo-Bradley-Green-Love-Pekovic

Pressey-Tucker-Pierce-Olynyk-Faverani

Napier-Gordon-Embiid-Joel Anthony

Rondo vs Chamlers (Rondo)

Bradley vs Wade (even)

Green vs Lebron (Lebron)

Bosh vs Love (even)

Anderson vs Pekovic   (Pekovic dominates)

Pressey vs Cole   (Even)

Tucker vs Ray Allen (Tucker)

Pierce vs Battier (Pierce)

Olynyk vs Haslem (Haslem)

Faverani vs Odom (Fav)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

These should be fun ideas and a thread where we all realize many ideas are not likely to happen. They are not 'predictions' that disclaimer is needed for a poster who will no doubt reference one of your trade ideas someday and yell HAHAHA at you because it never happened. 

Mine:

1. Trade the lotto pick if it is not top 3, with Sully, Bass, Bogans non-guaranteed contract, and our 2015 1st rd pick for Kevin Love

2. Sign and trade Kris Humphries (like 2 years 18 million), Vitor Faverani, maybe the non-guaranteed contract of Chris Johnson if it is needed for $ reasons, and the Clippers 2015 1st rd pick to the Rockets for Omer Asik.

[/QUOTE]

I like your scenario. We have needed a center since Perkins left but he was not the end all in the post but mainly a banger and was infrequently a double double but with KG, PP & RA he was not needed to score.  If we are lucky with the ping pong balls, we draft Embiid, the only really attractive center. If not, we try to get K. Love, a great PF, but still not a center so we go after Asik. We give any combinations of draft choices and a selection of Wallace, Bass, Green too, Hump, Fav, Johnson, Pressey & Bayless to get the 2 aforementioned players. We keep Oly, Rondo & Bradley. Love and Oly can play Center when needed to back up Asik. If we can keep our 2nd pick and Napier is available, take him. Also, try and get PP back from the Nets.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Let Bradley go and trade Rondo.

Sign Hayward and draft Embiid.

Use our 17th pick to draft the best point guard available.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

alkfjlsdkj

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

The source who spoke to SheridanHoops said Love wants to play for a contending team in a big market – and that speculation that Love ranks Los Angeles ahead of all other cities was vastly overstated. Among the rumors Sunday was that Golden State was willing to offer a package including David Lee and Harrison Barnes. On Monday, the New York Post reported that Knicks president Phil Jackson is “plotting” to try to acquire Lee in a trade. (Good luck with that, Phil.)

Right again, GK

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I like your scenario. We have needed a center since Perkins left but he was not the end all in the post but mainly a banger and was infrequently a double double but with KG, PP & RA he was not needed to score.  If we are lucky with the ping pong balls, we draft Embiid, the only really attractive center. If not, we try to get K. Love, a great PF, but still not a center so we go after Asik. We give any combinations of draft choices and a selection of Wallace, Bass, Green too, Hump, Fav, Johnson, Pressey & Bayless to get the 2 aforementioned players. We keep Oly, Rondo & Bradley. Love and Oly can play Center when needed to back up Asik. If we can keep our 2nd pick and Napier is available, take him. Also, try and get PP back from the Nets.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

Here is my new plan after letting some dust settle and reading up on a few insiders ideas, including a great Simmons article, where he basically said the EXACT same things in regards to Cleveland that I wrote about here last week. Only he gives the T'Wolves the #1 pick in a package for Love and keeps Thompson/Waiters.

1. Wallace, Bogans, Sully, both 1st rd picks this year and the better of our two picks in 2016 for Love and Martin. Love agrees only to pick up his 2015-16 option a la Chris Paul to the Clippers deal, meet C's in the middle. Wolves save 6 million next year, then don't have to pay Martin 7.5 million in 2017. They add TWO young players will all-star potential in Sully, a baby Love already, and whoever they draft at #6, plus pick 17 and a future pick.

2. The Celtics trade Bass, Faverani, Chris Johnson's non-guaranteed contract and the better of our 2015 picks for Asik whose contract is only considered worth the 8-9m cap hit for trade machine purposes. The Rockets also throw in Motiejunas. 

In a separate deal, obviously demanded by Houston, we use the 10.3m TPE to absorb Lin contract. This was a wrinkle mentioned by Bill Simmons. The Rockets would be at around 48-49 million in salaries and would be looking to convince Carmelo to join them at a small discount, a 4/80 type contract. Parsons could then be used in a deal to get them backcourt help.

3. The Celtics resign Humphries at 2/12 million as a rugged rebounder who might only be 6'9" but pairs perfectly with the 7' Olynyk as backups to Asik and Love. The Celtics sign Pierce to a 2 year deal at the MLE. They sign Bradley for under market value by offering the 5th year, so like 5/32.5.

The C's will be keeping one pick in both 2015 and 2016, plus the right to swap with the Nets in 2017 and two picks in 2018 so the entire future isn't mortgaged. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

For 2 years this is what the Celtics look like (with minutes breakdowns) before the offseason of 2016.

C - Asik (28 mins), Olynyk (20m)

PF - Love (34), Humphries (14m)

SF - Green (28m), Pierce (20m)

SG - Bradley (26m), Martin (22m)

PG - Rondo (34m), Lin/Pressey (14m)

Love playing alongside above average defenders who can be great in Rondo/Green and great defenders in Asik/Bradley will be special. Green will be much improved knowing he is not the #1 option to score but a solid #2 who is more consistent in his effort and the 16-19ppg he gives a night as Love scores 22-24. Bradley will improve his health/shooting and get back to the symmetry with Rondo on cuts and back-doors that makes him more than just a 3 and D guy. Rondo will be happy again running the show masterfully as a 15-10-5 guy for a contender.

The bench will just be rediculously fun as Linsanity gets to play off the ball a lot as Pierce plays point-forward against less talented units he will destroy both mentally and with his old man's game that is still darn good, especially in just 20 mins a game. He can still close games over Green or Bradley. Olynyk will play well alongside a banger in Hump and one of them will close games over the 55% FT shooting Asik.

This team needs to resign Rondo and Asik to fair deals. Like 5/80 for Rondo and 5/40 for Asik. Then if they can dump Martin with a pick on someone with cap space they will have the space summer of 2016 to offer Love and Durant a situation where they can divvy up whatever space is there and both join a team that would be a dynasty with the two of them, Rondo, Bradley, Asik, Olynyk and the guys we draft in '15/'16 plus the veterans who would flock here.

Pierce plays one last year in 2017 at the veteran minimum, at age 40, wins a title and retires on the Celtics Mount Rushmore with Russell, Bird and Havlicek (bumping Cousy).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

As per the thread title, Malibu, Santa Monica, Venice, Newport Beach, Barcelona, Florianopolis- nocanyons, and I don't want to drive or fight fires.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenmuse. Show greenmuse's posts

[QUOTE]

Mine:

My "fun" idea, not a in "Love" approach but still allows for that scenario

1. Knowing Phoenix would like an impact player... this will be a July deal because it involves a S&T

BOS gets Jennings, #14 and Future Detroit pick for taking less desirable player (owed 15M over 2 years, eventually we move him when our future PG is ready (Smart)

PHX gets Monroe

DET gets Rondo

2. Go get Hayward from UTAH using Bogans expiring and recently acquired #14 pick, I just have a feeling DA and BS want this guy on Celtics, versatile PG/SF, we get Utah #23. We could always add 2015 LAC 1st if needed.

3. I am thinking new MILW ownership really wanted to draft Embiid and build "their" team, around him I don't think CLEV is totally committed to Embiid so first we help CLEV  (motivation)and MILW trade places in the draft

BOS gets CLEV #33 and xpiring MCGee and any other filler xpiring 

MILW gets #1 and takes back Bennett and does not pick up his 3rd year option thereby only stuck with the bust for 1 year.

CLEV gets #2 (Parker) and Bass to give them a better PF rotation than current

4. Now that Embiid is in MILW we continue dealing with MILW restructuring

A. Wallace (2/22) in exchange for Sanders (4/44), contract savings to MILW of 22M and we get #39

B. Anthony and Bradley for Mayo (DA liked this guy in the past , may get rejuevanated on a good team, nets MILW another contract savings depending on how much they extend Bradley for

We now have picks #6, #17, (#23 may need to go in MILW deal above if necessary), #33 and #39

Jennings/#6Smart/ Pressey --- we move Jennings (NY?) when Smart is ready to take-over

Mayo/ Hayward/#17 Hairston - my favorite at #17

Green/Johnson/#33-Ingliis (stashed in Europe for 2 years) Like the atheltism but still too young for NBA

Sully/Olynyk/ #23 Porzingus (if pick not sent to MILW)

Sanders/Hump-resigned/Fav /#39 W Tavares (again stashed in Europe)

This team has veteran starters, Hayward brings back BOS 6th man role at SG/SF (so he'll get his minutes) until Green or Mayo contracts expire or moved. It allows the youngsters to develop under less presure and if we end up moving more of our future stockpile of draft picks for a Stud, we also  have a couple solid players stashed in Europe following the S-ANT model. One of my thoughts is that there will be some good rotation players available in the 2nd round with many teams with extra 2nd rnd picks, ideal for European stash possibilities and fits our re-build time frame. BTW I still have not used that 10.3 TPE yet. So this scenario allows another significant move.

[/QUOTE]

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to greenmuse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My "fun" idea, not a in "Love" approach but still allows for that scenario:

1. Knowing Phoenix would like an impact player... this will be a July deal because it involves a S&T

BOS gets Jennings, #14 and Future Detroit pick for taking less desirable player (owed 15M over 2 years, eventually we move him when our future PG is ready (Smart)

PHX gets Monroe

DET gets Rondo

2. Go get Hayward from UTAH using Bogans expiring and recently acquired #14 pick, I just have a feeling DA and BS want this guy on Celtics, versatile PG/SF, we get Utah #23. We could always add 2015 LAC 1st if needed.

3. I am thinking new MILW ownership really wanted to draft Embiid and build "their" team, around him I don't think CLEV is totally committed to Embiid so first we help CLEV  (motivation)and MILW trade places in the draft

BOS gets CLEV #33 and xpiring MCGee and any other filler xpiring 

MILW gets #1 and takes back Bennett and does not pick up his 3rd year option thereby only stuck with the bust for 1 year.

CLEV gets #2 (Parker) and Bass to give them a better PF rotation than current

4. Now that Embiid is in MILW we continue dealing with MILW restructuring

A. Wallace (2/22) in exchange for Sanders (4/44), contract savings to MILW of 22M and we get #39

B. Anthony and Bradley for Mayo (DA liked this guy in the past , may get rejuevanated on a good team, nets MILW another contract savings depending on how much they extend Bradley for

We now have picks #6, #17, (#23 may need to go in MILW deal above if necessary), #33 and #39

Jennings/#6Smart/ Pressey --- we move Jennings (NY?) when Smart is ready to take-over

Mayo/ Hayward/#17 Hairston - my favorite at #17

Green/Johnson/#33-Ingliis (stashed in Europe for 2 years) Like the atheltism but still too young for NBA

Sully/Olynyk/ #23 Porzingus (if pick not sent to MILW)

Sanders/Hump-resigned/Fav /#39 W Tavares (again stashed in Europe)

This team has veteran starters, Hayward brings back BOS 6th man role at SG/SF (so he'll get his minutes) until Green or Mayo contracts expire or moved. It allows the youngsters to develop under less presure and if we end up moving more of our future stockpile of draft picks for a Stud, we also  have a couple solid players stashed in Europe following the S-ANT model. One of my thoughts is that there will be some good rotation players available in the 2nd round with many teams with extra 2nd rnd picks, ideal for European stash possibilities and fits our re-build time frame. BTW I still have not used that 10.3 TPE yet. So this scenario allows another significant move.

[/QUOTE]

I REALLY like your line of thinking here.

1. The Boston-Phoenix-Detroit moves are a clever addition to my Jennings/Monroe/pick 8 (before the Pistons got lotto burned) idea from all season.

I don't think it is enough value for Rondo: pick 14, a future Detroit pick in the teens (let's say the better of their own or Charlotte's top 3 protected). Monroe can't be in it as a S&T before the draft, so it will just have to be for his QO of 5.5m.

Phoenix has some cap space left though. This trade works:

Boston - Jennings (2/15), Jerebko (just picked up 1 year 4.5m option), Gerald Green (1 year 3.5 million) and Miles Plumlee, plus pick 14 and Detroit's future pick.

Detroit - Rondo, Joel Anthony, Gerald Green, Faverani (two bigs who can backup Smith and Drummond). 

Phoenix - Greg Monroe (ability to match any offer for him, perfect fir alongside Len, Frye or a Morriff brother), Will Bynum, Chris Johnson and the Detroit 2015 pick (basically C's give up getting that pick for Plumlee, who wouldn't have mins in that frontcourt anyhow)

2. I also love the idea of Bogans for Hayward. The QO on him is 4.6 so basically even money with the non-guaranteed 5.3. I don't know if a swap of 23 to 14 is preferable to just giving them pick 17, but either of those two options is fine with me. I would rather we keep both picks and trade them Bass for Hayward in a July sign and trade where we send them Clippers 2015 pick top 3 protected and the worse of our two 2016 picks top 10 protected or something like that.

3. The Cleveland thing gets too crazy and Gee is a team option, not expiring contract. I also already traded Bass away. But let's do Wallace for Sanders and picks #36 and #48 anyhow, the cost of 22 million in 2016-2018 is both the Bucks 1st rd picks. Even though it hurts our 2016 cap space, we are no longer trying to lure a Kevin Durant here that summer to play with Rondo and Love, but building a gritty young team for Stevens.

Bradley is signed for 5/32.5 and Hayward for 4/44 (same as Sanders incidentally).

The draft picks are:

#6 - Aaron Gordon (the next Shawn Marion)

#14 - Elfrid Payton (he's going to be REAL good trust me, a Rondo in Gary Payton's body who actually improves his jumper the more he plays pro ball)

#17 - TJ Warren (hoping he is there, or take him 14th and hope Payton is there, if Payton is gone take Ennis, Napier or Micic, Warren can SCORE and is a Celtic Pricde/Stevens player, active defender who loves the game)

#36 - Kristaps Porzingis (or Nurkic/Capela if they fall), stash overseas

#48 - Spencer Dinwiddie or Nick Johnson (a couple of Jr's who should have stayed in school who I feel we can D-league for a year and then see them be productive 11th-12th men/locker room leaders for a long time) 

2014-15 Rotation:

C - Plumlee (26m) Sanders (22m)

PF - Sully (22m), Olynyk (22m)

SF - Green (28m), Warren (12m), Hayward (8m)

SG - Bradley (26m), Hayward (22m)

PG - Pressey (26m), Payton (22m)

This team is lotto bound again but definitely SUPER fun to watch. The growing pains of having 23-24 and 20-21 year old PG's on this club are evident but they get valuable experience.

Gordon spends 2013 in the D-league and sometime around the New Year Ainge makes a big move where he trades Jeff Green, maybe with Plumlee and/or Pressey somewhere and gets back a couple more picks, maybe a veteran PG to mentor Payton and some room in the rotation to bring up Gordon and double Warren's minutes.

C's go into 2015 lotto hoping to get Jahil Okafor

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Option 1:

Sign and trade for Melo. Trade for Love. re-sign Bradley. Draft Gordon.

C Olynyk

PF Love

SF Melo

SG Bradley

PG Rondo

6th man Gordon

Option 2:

Trade Rondo to LA for #7. Trade Sully to Sacramento for #8. Trade Jeff Green and pick #17 to Charlotte for pick #9. re-sign Bradley. re-sign Humphries. Draft Vonleh, Gordon, Smart, and Nurkic

C Nurkic

PF Vonleh

SF Gordon

SG Bradley

PG Smart

Bench

C Humphries

PF Olynyk

SF Johnson

PG Pressey

SF Wallace

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

MELO??????

How do we get him?

And who wants him?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

What about:

1. We use the TPE before the draft to acquire Asik while his cap figure is only like 9m. We send Pick #17 to the Wolves and they give us pick #40.

2. In a separate deal the Wolves send Love to the Rockets for Lin, Parsons, Terrence Jones and unprotected 1st rd picks in 2015, 2017 and 2019. 

3. The Rockets sign Melo (if he is willing to take a HUGE paycut) or Deng for 4/50. Deng is better for that team, with Harden's defensive issues, than Parsons is. 

or

Rockets can trade Harden, Lin, Parsons, Jones and only their 2017 pick to the Wolves for Love, Kevin Martin and Ronnie Turiaf.

Then have 17 million to try and lure Melo in with a 4/80 deal.

or keep Parsons, add in Motiejunas and two more picks, take back Budinger instead of Martin and instead of targeting Melo with 19 million split that cash between Kyle Lowry and Luol Deng. MLE on Humphries.

C - Howard, Humphries

PF - Love, Hump/Deng (pick #25)

SF - Deng, Parsons

SG - Martin, Troy Daniels, Budinger

PG - Lowry, Beverly

I'd much rather have Lowry AND Deng, both age 29, a year older than Howard and 2 years older than Love on 4/50 contracts than have Melo, age 30, on a 4/84 contract.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

What about:

1. We use the TPE before the draft to acquire Asik while his cap figure is only like 9m. We send Pick #17 to the Wolves and they give us pick #40.

2. In a separate deal the Wolves send Love to the Rockets for Lin, Parsons, Terrence Jones and unprotected 1st rd picks in 2015, 2017 and 2019. 

3. The Rockets sign Melo (if he is willing to take a HUGE paycut) or Deng for 4/50. Deng is better for that team, with Harden's defensive issues, than Parsons is. 

or

Rockets can trade Harden, Lin, Parsons, Jones and only their 2017 pick to the Wolves for Love, Kevin Martin and Ronnie Turiaf.

Then have 17 million to try and lure Melo in with a 4/80 deal.

or keep Parsons, add in Motiejunas and two more picks, take back Budinger instead of Martin and instead of targeting Melo with 19 million split that cash between Kyle Lowry and Luol Deng. MLE on Humphries.

C - Howard, Humphries

PF - Love, Hump/Deng (pick #25)

SF - Deng, Parsons

SG - Martin, Troy Daniels, Budinger

PG - Lowry, Beverly

I'd much rather have Lowry AND Deng, both age 29, a year older than Howard and 2 years older than Love on 4/50 contracts than have Melo, age 30, on a 4/84 contract.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I like that deal, but the Knicks letting Melo go for nothing is the only thing I can't see.  Phony Phil has to try to make a big splash for himself in his first few moves.  It is my humble opinion that he will not let Melo walk.  He'll either re-sign him, or trade him.

Other than that, I like your ideas!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Thanks Hedley! Right back at ya

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Option 1:

Sign and trade for Melo. Trade for Love. re-sign Bradley. Draft Gordon.

C Olynyk

PF Love

SF Melo

SG Bradley

PG Rondo

6th man Gordon

Option 2:

Trade Rondo to LA for #7. Trade Sully to Sacramento for #8. Trade Jeff Green and pick #17 to Charlotte for pick #9. re-sign Bradley. re-sign Humphries. Draft Vonleh, Gordon, Smart, and Nurkic

C Nurkic

PF Vonleh

SF Gordon

SG Bradley

PG Smart

Bench

C Humphries

PF Olynyk

SF Johnson

PG Pressey

SF Wallace

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

READ THIS LUNACY.

THIS IS NOT A CELTICS FAN HERE!!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Boston -> picks 9, 14 and 27 plus Miles Plumlee

Phoenix -> picks 6 and 24 plus Pressey

Charlotte -> picks 17 and 18 and a future pick

Boston Celtics select Saric or Stauskas, Payton and either Jordan Adams or another SG (if they picked Saric) or Glenn Robinson III, KJ McDaniels (if they picked Stauskas) they plus add a physical PF-C desperately needed in Plumlee who grabbed like 8 boards in 24 minutes. 

Charlotte moves back 8 from 9 to move up 6 from 24. This is needed to get Boston pick 14, Payton may be gone by 17 and I am liking the sound of him more and more.

Phoenix gives up a lot, picks 14, 18 and Plumless for pick 6 and a move up from 27 to 24.... but they take Arizona boy Gordon, the next Shawn Marion, and have too many players on their roster already.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

* Dump Rondon't to any taker for the most we can get.

* Dump Mr. Green Jeans to any taker for the most we can get.

* If possible get Asik in deal with Houston, use Rondo or Green and whatever pick and "ruffage" (other current players) to get it done....we need a rim protector badly.

* Colton Iverson makes the squad and punishes people driving the lane.

* Faux Hawk learns to fly on his own or is dispatched to Maine for flight training...it's time to play NBA basketball or be cut loose. This is his last year to play scrub B Ball. Next year is survive or die.

* No deals for Love or Anthony, they are not Celtic type players...use the draft to rebuild first, we have the picks to maneuver next year or the year after for veteran star players in trades or through FA.

* Draft Smart, Vonleh, Gordon or Randle, whoever DA thinks is the best player available at #6. We need such a talent upgrade that if we need another PF, then so be it. At # 17, again, BPA.

* Let the kids play and learn and that includes our coach.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

* Dump Rondon't to any taker for the most we can get.

* Dump Mr. Green Jeans to any taker for the most we can get.

* If possible get Asik in deal with Houston, use Rondo or Green and whatever pick and "ruffage" (other current players) to get it done....we need a rim protector badly.

* Colton Iverson makes the squad and punishes people driving the lane.

* Faux Hawk learns to fly on his own or is dispatched to Maine for flight training...it's time to play NBA basketball or be cut loose. This is his last year to play scrub B Ball. Next year is survive or die.

* No deals for Love or Anthony, they are not Celtic type players...use the draft to rebuild first, we have the picks to maneuver next year or the year after for veteran star players in trades or through FA.

* Draft Smart, Vonleh, Gordon or Randle, whoever DA thinks is the best player available at #6. We need such a talent upgrade that if we need another PF, then so be it. At # 17, again, BPA.

* Let the kids play and learn and that includes our coach.

[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a halfway rebuild with just a bunch of hate against two of our current veterans Mel.