DJ White Oboard!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

DJ White Oboard!

With the arrival of a clearance letter from the Chinese Basketball Association on Wednesday, the Boston Celtics will sign free agent forward D.J. White to a 10-day contract, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

D.J. White played for the Bobcats last season. (AP)White will likely be activated for the Celtics' Friday game against Golden State.

With the losses of Jared Sullinger (back surgery) and Jason Collins (trade) in the Celtics frontcourt, White could get an immediate chance to contribute.

White played five seasons in the NBA, including 52 games in Charlotte a season ago. After going unsigned as a free agent last summer, he played the season for the Shanghai Sharks of the Chinese Basketball Association.

Under an agreement with the NBA and FIBA, the NBA won't allow its teams to sign free agents until they've been cleared of contractual obligations overseas.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Re: DJ White Oboard!

Big but who knows....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY0QZoJzt00

Any player went int the revolving doors & played with the chinese -- got to be a hit or miss dude.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Russell1. Show Russell1's posts

He maybe exactly what we need!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to Russell1's comment:

I seriously doubt it.... we are putting our hopes on a guy who was an ok player in the NBA .....hope I am wrong

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

I seriously doubt it.... we are putting our hopes on a guy who was an ok player in the NBA .....hope I am wrong

The difference he has one thing to focus on with this team.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Russell1. Show Russell1's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

The difference he has one thing to focus on with this team.  

He is a big body! Exactly what we need. Ten fifteen minutes, all we need.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Doc needs to tell White that we need a physical presence...a goon, a thug. We haven't had one in a long time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

We need him to play 5-7 min.He will be fine.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pa-Pow. Show Pa-Pow's posts

I seriously doubt that this D-Leaguer will make any difference.  It does not matter if he eats up a million minutes!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Pa-Pow's comment:

I seriously doubt that this D-Leaguer will make any difference.  It does not matter if he eats up a million minutes!

He isn't from the d-league.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I really can't see this guy making any kind of impact for the Celtics.  Right now, he'll be on a 10-day contract (5 games between March 1 and March 10).  Do we really think he's going to come in and provide any kind of impact?  I doubt it.

I doubt it, first, because knowing Doc, he won't give the guy any minutes.  Then, knowing Doc, after one defensive rotation mistake, he'll get pulled.  Our offensive philosophy of sprinting back to set up on defense the second we take a perimeter jump shot is in contrast to having a guy who "might" be able to rebound - on the offensive end.

If he gets 6 points, 7 rebounds and 1 block in three of the possible five games during the next 10 days, I'll call it a success.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

He may be just what we need, I hope so but he is a bit short, but he looks like a bull thug so I hope.  He played pretty good for the Bobcats.  He is not a center and we need a center, why did we not just keep Greg??

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:

I really can't see this guy making any kind of impact for the Celtics.  Right now, he'll be on a 10-day contract (5 games between March 1 and March 10).  Do we really think he's going to come in and provide any kind of impact?  I doubt it.

I doubt it, first, because knowing Doc, he won't give the guy any minutes.  Then, knowing Doc, after one defensive rotation mistake, he'll get pulled.  Our offensive philosophy of sprinting back to set up on defense the second we take a perimeter jump shot is in contrast to having a guy who "might" be able to rebound - on the offensive end.

If he gets 6 points, 7 rebounds and 1 block in three of the possible five games during the next 10 days, I'll call it a success.   You are right about Doc Rivers, we may lose Williams due to Doc.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JG9000. Show JG9000's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:

If he gets 6 points, 7 rebounds and 1 block in three of the possible five games during the next 10 days, I'll call it a success.

Doc won't play him. he was all over the map rotating Collins and Wilcox. no consistency in his substitutions. except for giving Bass huge minutes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

You'll are probably right. Maybe he's a stop-gap until someone is bought out.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to maryngary's comment:

He may be just what we need, I hope so but he is a bit short, but he looks like a bull thug so I hope.  He played pretty good for the Bobcats.  He is not a center and we need a center, why did we not just keep Greg??

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

Greg wanted to be overpaid.How he is doing in Minn.?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

In response to Pa-Pow's comment:

if he eats up a million that is a problem.  But the Celtics just need 10-15 to spell Garnett and Wilcox.  This team at this point is just looking for a stop gap until something better comes along.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

The playoff roster deadline is Midnight Friday. Well hopefully these guys work out because we can't make anymore moves for the playoffs in terms of adjusting the roster.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Wow way to welcome a guy!  You guys wanted help right?  I mean give the guy a chance. I happen to like his skillset. Remember we need a rebounder/defender/space eater with size not Duncan in his prime. So I guess if he doesnt lead us to a title than his presence was a failure right??? and yet you guys wanted Kmart here???  LOL  , Puuuleeeease!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Wow way to welcome a guy!  You guys wanted help right?  I mean give the guy a chance. I happen to like his skillset. Remember we need a rebounder/defender/space eater with size not Duncan in his prime. So I guess if he doesnt lead us to a title than his presence was a failure right??? and yet you guys wanted Kmart here???  LOL  , Puuuleeeease!

Totally with ya!!! 

Sections
Shortcuts