DJ White

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolfamily66. Show coolfamily66's posts

DJ White

Looks like we are looking ino DJ for a 10 day contract, can he help on the glass? This comes from hoopshype

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: DJ White

In response to coolfamily66's comment:

Looks like we are looking ino DJ for a 10 day contract, can he help on the glass? This comes from hoopshype

Interesting.  He's rugged and has some NBA experience.  He can't hurt.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

He looks like a Jared Sullinger type, 6'9" 251lbs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

at leaast the players they are getting are under 30 years old

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to ANONMD08's comment:

at leaast the players they are getting are under 30 years old

I don't think that matters - none of them will be back next year

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Tough kid - better than JC!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolfamily66. Show coolfamily66's posts

He is a tough nosed rebounder, and does play bigger than what he is. 5 to 7 pts and 7 to 9 rbs a game?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejuice1. Show thejuice1's posts

pretty decent size... he was a hard nosed really good rebounder in college and did the dirty work underneath. very similar to sullinger. look, we dont need al jefferson at pf/c to spell kg... we just need a couple of bodies at the 4/5 spot that can bring some rebounding and hustle to the floor to play about 6-12 minutes a night to keep kg fresh for the stretch run.

dj white is a fine addition in my book... find one more 4/5 out there somewhere and ill be happy.

and they will likely keep a spot open to see who gets bought out in the next couple weeks. yes it looks bleak as far as bigs on our team go now, but weve got a few weeks here to add a couple.... there is still hope!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

not bad... there you go, for those that keep bitchn about wanting a big guy...not a jump shooter which is good....I am going with my team ALL THA WAY!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY0QZoJzt00 

This kid is long...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

he got a lot of minutes silas at Char last year.

but they were a HORRIBLE TEAM.

was FA that no one took a flyer on.

where was he even playing this year?

I doubt he's much of a improvement as  rebounder over Bass (beleive it or not).

he does have better size, butit doesn;t look like he's ever put up big rebound numbers.

well, at least he is a BIG!

Improvement over Collins I suppose

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

It just goes to show you that Danny is looking high and low for anyone who might be able too help the C's.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

It just goes to show you that Danny is looking high and low for anyone who might be able too help the C's.

Unfortunately that's not enough. Ainge is just going through the motions so that the final product will be presentable. In the end the Celts will just get eliminated in the playoffs again.

probably so....because 29 teams are eliminated every year...nothing new there.

lets be honest, if at the begining of the year you were told that one of the teams starters and an other of the top eight would be lost to injury by mid-season.....would you still think we had a shot to not " get eliminated" in the playoffs?

also lets be honest, the celtics have only "not been eliminated" one time in excatly HOW many years?

will this team compete and give it all.....IMO, yep.

If we add White (or anothe player of same ability) will it help...probably for depth.

would it make snese to tear the team apart for marginal future help.....it looks like that was a no.

one more:

would Ainge really have tarded Parish, McHale and Bird bacjk in the day...NOT ON HIS LIFE.

thats just Ainge being pissed that HE was deemed expendable, back in the day.

get used to KG and PIerce here until they BOTh decide to ride off in the sunset (together I am thinking).

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Getting even a tiny bit excited about this move says the season is doomed. Doomed means being irrelevant in or out of the playoffs. We are talking about DJWhite a guy who could not stick on any bench in the NBA. I had hoped Danny had some real surprise for us. To go from the start of the season with this glaring hole upfront and settle for this is a great disservice to Celtic fans.

It will interesting to see if Garnett finishes the year in one piece.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Getting even a tiny bit excited about this move says the season is doomed. Doomed means being irrelevant in or out of the playoffs. We are talking about DJWhite a guy who could not stick on any bench in the NBA. I had hoped Danny had some real surprise for us. To go from the start of the season with this glaring hole upfront and settle for this is a great disservice to Celtic fans.

It will interesting to see if Garnett finishes the year in one piece.  

+1

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

he does the little things he plays inside that what we need right now 12 min a game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

If Danny can pick up a legit Center from the waiver wire in the coming weeks then the additions could be enough to assure a 2nd round advance or more ...  GO CELTICS!!!

I am not trying to be antagonistic. Who is out there potentially?  I had wondered could they get Darko to come back.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mt.fan. Show mt.fan's posts

Is there any thought to Kristic?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

The guy is a rebounder. He doesn't look to score, he's a solid banger. I like the move. Remember what the C's did for Stiemer and Hollins. We need someone to bang and White fits the bill. Guys he's our 3rd C...we don't need a guy making $3M to be the 3rd C.

Ainge got 3 hungry guys ready to prove themselves in Crawford, TWill and White.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Good Grief..people expect superstars at this stage?? We only need supporting cast...

it is what it is...If we make final 8, we can upset some..best case scenario East finals...

If KG and PP are healthy and get support from Green, AB, Terry, and one of the new guys,

we will make some noice...That's about all we can expected from this group considering all the injuries.

Rondo, Sully, and BArbs, are tough to replace...and the x-factor Melo!!! lol

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

We never had a chance to win a title this year. We should be rebuilding. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:

We never had a chance to win a title this year. We should be rebuilding. 

I think some of us fans don't wont to admit that.  Ive been for blowing it since the early poor start.  All these mini winning streaks were fools gold.

Sections
Shortcuts