Do many of you miss Ray Allen ???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Do many of you miss Ray Allen ???

It's 1/2 time Knicks-Heat and I'm just thinking about a moot point, purely supposition, conjecture etc. but do any of you feel we are better off without Ray or would our record be better with Ray. Ok, forget the Benedict Arnold label that he betrayed us. Firstly, I think he scores more with the Heat than had he stayed with us as we don't have a LeBron & Wade needing double coverage. Plus Battier is also a good 3 pt shooter. So, other than Pierce, we would have no one like Ray Allen.  There were trade talks we should have gone aggressively after JJ Redick as we needed a shooter. If we had been able to keep Ray that wouldn't have been such an issue. We still need a big man. Miami does not and one of the reasons it is not critical is that LeBron & Wade in addition to driving to the basket can shoot 3s and I just checked that LeBron's shooting ave is 57% and Wade's 52%. Don't need worry too much about rebounds with averages like that !

Anyway, I would appreciate some comments if you feel we would have been better at this stage if Ray were with us. My opinion is "yes" !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Re: Do many of you miss Ray Allen ???

We miss his shooting for sure. He spaced the floor and would thrive in our new offense or help the fast break as trailer or decoy. He D stills stinks. But we could put him on the slower backcourt guy or the one with no 3 point shot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I don't miss any of our backcourt...RA or Rondo. I like AB and Lee

Rondo and RA had too many agendas going on instead of just playing basketball.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

I don't miss Ray Allen.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

If jet would make an occasional basket i wouldn't.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Ray left for half the money to go to our bitterest rival in the East.  He is a traitor.  Good riddance.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Do we really need a thread arguing whether the Cs would be better with Ray?? the dude is gone so who the heck cares... if this was the first thread or discussion about this ok I guess but its about the 90th... move on  geez

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Every time Terry clanks a wide-open 3 pointer I think of Ray. That's happened quite alot this season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

Do we really need a thread arguing whether the Cs would be better with Ray?? the dude is gone so who the heck cares... if this was the first thread or discussion about this ok I guess but its about the 90th... move on  geez

I never get these posts. There are about 30 SGs out there that I would rather have then Ray Allen.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Ray left for half the money to go to our bitterest rival in the East.  He is a traitor.  Good riddance.

Yes he left but not a traitor. I still have a respect for Ray..he did good when he was here but felt jilted and went with our enemy. He was a great person and wish him and his family well...(just not on the court)!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I don't miss Ray Allen at all.

And I can't wait to see a lot more of Jordan Crawford and Terrance Williams for the last 25 games....

Plus whatever either of the 2 new bigs can do.

Remember last season, the Celtics had no one other than Steisma and Ryan Hollings to fill the middle ,  JuJuan Johnson couldn't get off the bench and KG and Bass had to carry the entire rebounding load.

I want to see all 4 new Celtics play as much as possible.

Nope, don't miss Ray Allen at all.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:

If jet would make an occasional basket i wouldn't.

LOL! +1

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KG-LB-KM. Show KG-LB-KM's posts

Ray took the selfish way.  I hope the Celtics win the series in four.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

no i don't miss ray at all.  he was just what we needed when we first got him and then we took zero steps to preserve his effectiveness.  he was no longer good on D and could not function in rondo's style of offense of "hey ray, go run 49,000 curls and then maybe i'll give the ball to you for a fade away contested 3".

ray is a has been.  he did great for us and then we played him way too much from 2009 on. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

Yep, I miss Ray.  Think the way Doc played with transitioning him from starter to bench player was handled sloppily and/or was poorly communicated or clarified to him.  I don't fault Doc for much, but think losing Ray was on him rather than anyone or anything else.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

No.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

A little

Since I think Terry should only be getting 12-16 mins a game I would rather have my UConn guy we were in wars with for 5 years there over the JET.

But in the big scheme of things.... NO

Sections
Shortcuts