Do not sign Ray Allen to a multi year deal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Do not sign Ray Allen to a multi year deal

He has looked like an old shooter,and nothign else ever since he came out with wanting a multi year deal.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

Re: Do not sign Ray Allen to a multi year deal

Danny-sign him for 2 years and give him what he wants!

We're done anyway so lets go down in flames.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Ray only works on the offensive end. I like Ray but like  others have said he can only help a team that can get him open shots.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

bench player after this yr..still a great shooter but his defense is not good.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: Do not sign Ray Allen to a multi year deal:
    [QUOTE]Ray only works on the offensive end. I like Ray but like  others have said he can only help a team that can get him open shots.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

You like Ray!!  Now that's a good one!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Ray's still got the stamina and shooting touch, but has lost his speed and athleticism. If he's willing to sign a 2-year contract at a max of $2M/year, then Celts should sign him. He'll still make a good reserve and mentor for the younger players.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from greeneater2. Show greeneater2's posts

Resign both KG and Allen to two year deals at 10 mil with option for third.  Enjoy!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

[QUOTE]Resign both KG and Allen to two year deals at 10 mil with option for third.  Enjoy!
    Posted by greeneater2[/QUOTE]

Cool

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

Ray's gonna be playing until he's 45, why not sign him to a low multi-year deal and bring him off the bench when needed but he could still be a starter imo.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do not sign Ray Allen to a multi year deal :  You like Ray!!  Now that's a good one!!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE

Puppet on a string,  dance to th musics sucka

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Don't worry.  If Ray does get a multiyear deal, it will be with another team

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Ray and KG could both be resigned as bench players next season.  I am sure that Danny will evaluate how they both perform during the regular season before any offer is made.  I still believe that KG may retire after this season.   If Ray has a good season, he will probably still be with the Celtics next year. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kccorwin. Show kccorwin's posts

I agree with Susan she is right on with what should happen.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Mea Culpa---I impulsively posted the below under a separate discussion entitled "Why I feel Ray Allen is the best to trade of the Big 3". But now I see numerous posts dealing with the possibility of trading all or any of the big 3 so find my post 
    appropriate here so I've copied and pasted it.

Let me first say “I love Ray Allen & appreciate the value he has been to the Celtics” but as they say, “Business is Business”.  Regarding being old, other than Rondo he’s probably the player in the best physical shape.  And when he gets open, he’s still deadly.  Our problem is we don’t have anybody else that demands double teaming…Pierce won the 3pts shooting contest last year but is not the threat that Allen is and he can’t drive to the basket as he used to.  KG is not a driving to the basket Center/Power forward so we live & die with how well he shoots his 5-15 footers.

There are many teams with which Allen would be very effective and with whom they couldn’t double team him & he’d get free frequently to take his 3 pointers and, ya know, he can still drive to the basket with an opening.  Here are a few teams that have players that need double teaming frequently, Thunder with Durant & Westbrook, Knicks with Carmelo, Stoudemire & Chandler, Bulls with Boozer & Rose, Dallas with Terry & Nowitzki…and there are more teams too but you get the idea. Any double teaming of Allen because he got hot with 3 pointers would free up these guys for outside shooting & under the basket.  Then double up these guys, and Allen gets free. Let me say that Pierce too could fit into any of these teams quite nicely too. OK, this post does not address whom we could get trading Allen or Pierce and if you guys agree with my opinion, whom do you think we could get.  Also, playing along with a very skilled big man, Gasol, Howard etc., KG would be freed up a bit and would become more effective.

Sections
Shortcuts