Do the Celtics ever try block out?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Re: Do the Celtics ever try block out?

If in future games they commit to gang rebounding like they did in the second half they just might be OK with the smaller ball. But the first half was embarrassing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

So??  Like I asked last night:  is it coaching?  mindset? personnel??  They did well in the second half; it was a different team on the glass.  Sullinger got hardly any minutes in the second half tonight btw...what was up with that?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

All 3. Coaching, likely Doc reamed them on being soft underneath. Mindset, yes, that was obvious since they went after the ball. Personnel, yes, they'll never rebound like say........ .... ....Utah. But the second half showed they can secure the ball if they have their minds set on it.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

It's hard to block out when you don't hustle back on defense...Yes, I am talking to you Paul Pierce.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Kirk -- blocking out is a part of inside game that Che was complaining from the start that they didn't have. If you don't have an inside game, there is no ability to block out...simple as that

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

i'm not worried about their offensive rebounds im worried about their opponents offensive rebounds. KG was getting thrown aroud like a rag doll under the basket last night mostly because he was out of position.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

hmmmmmmmmm, you are not worried about their offensive rebound but worried in their opponents offensive rebound? How that happened?.....that logic seems flawed. Either or.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

both are issues but their opponents offensive rebounds are more of an issue then their own. two different ends of the court. the nets were getting way too many second and third chance looks.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

This team has absoutely no size or strength.  They've lost the rebound battle in every game they've played, and no longer attempt to block out.

It's getting late early.  

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to CHEisCHE's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Kirk -- blocking out is a part of inside game that Che was complaining from the start that they didn't have. If you don't have an inside game, there is no ability to block out...simple as that

[/QUOTE]

I disagree. Technique is very important.

Doc is the problem. He never emphasises blocking out.

[/QUOTE]

So Doc didn't emphasize blocking out in 2008 when the Celts averaged 42 rpg? 

How about in 2009, the Celts averaged 42.1 rpg, Doc didn't emphasize blocking out that season too?

It's not Doc, it's KG getting old!

That's why the Celts need to upgrade that PF position, KG needs help!

KG is a career 10-11 rebounds per game player. Right now KG is only averaging 8 boards per game.

[/QUOTE]

agreed KG was getting thrown around last night. as much as i dislike that spaniard gashole he'd look good standing next to KG. i'm just glad Perk isn't on the team anymore because as we all know gashole is very afraid of Perk.

ROTFLMAO

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

i seem to remember a time when we had a really good big man coach.  i think his name was clifford ray.  and then suddenly he went away.  not because he wanted to either.  he was basically dumped in a swamp because he needed time off for foot surgery.

this was when we kept davis over powe and really needed that help to develop davis and the other bigs on the roster who had to over-achieve for us to win.  and look at us now.  the rebouding cheese has slid off the cracker. 

and our defense is nothing of what it used to be and apparently that was all thibs.  if you peel away a couple of wizard of oz curtains, i just cannot manage to see danny as an elite GM or doc as a "great coach".  you look at how this team has come out of the gate and it's either terrible coaching or they are tired of hearing doc's voice.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

kirk- doc has always been a 2 way coach- 1) birth certificates or when that fails 2) paychecks.  watch for wilcox to get far less minutes than bass even if bass gets caught napping out on the court.  like he does on defense.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Come on, does Doc really need to remind players to box out?? They should have learned that in AAU ball... should he also remind them to dribble the ball before moving their pivot foot too?

These are the basics that should be 2nd nature.. As someone said, it takes heart and an engine to fight for rebounds.. we're a little short in that dept...

ITs true KG does get moved around underneath.. hes skinny as a toothpick.. he's also easily driven by .. heck the guy been playing 200 years, give him a break... hes not what he was but hes still good enough in alot of ways.

Finally, Ive never been a big fan of Doc and his weird rotations but as I told my high school wrestling coach when he caught be hiding under the bleachers when we were all supposed to be doing laps outside in the cold...."you cant argue with success"

Sections
Shortcuts