Do we now get a chance at a friendly Gortat trade?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Do we now get a chance at a friendly Gortat trade?

Now that Danny's heir apparent and protege (insert plethora of cliches) has jumped ship and taken a head GM job with the Pheonix Suns, do we expect a Gortat deal to work itself out?

Not being super cynical or anything, but doesn't the NBA kind of work like this? Our assistant GM becomes another team's GM and then somehow the two teams work out a friendly deal? Pheonix needs to cleanse itself and rebuild. Boston needs a banger (also needs to rebuild, but that is for another discussion). Not sure I love Gortat, but couldn't you see a Melo + Lee + Crawford for Gortat happening now? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Do we now get a chance at a friendly Gortat trade?

Sure it could.............we could also wait and see if Perk is amnestied.....that might be better, although Gortat is a better offensive player

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:

Sure it could.............we could also wait and see if Perk is amnestied.....that might be better, although Gortat is a better offensive player

Pass on Perk.  Perk worked out when the Celts had Paul and Ray Allen in their prime.  Offense was not a problem and between Perk and KG, inside defense was shored up.  Now, we don't have enough offense and there is no way to add Perk.  The Celts have to look for offense out of non-KG front court.  Perk is not under consideration.

I would believe that Phoenix should now be a reasonable trading partner.  Danny has history there and I am sure that he served as a reference for McDonough.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

I have idea why people want Perkins back. the guy is one of the most overpaid bigs in the NBA.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to 37stories' comment:

I have idea why people want Perkins back. the guy is one of the most overpaid bigs in the NBA.

He's only averaging 2.0 ppg and 3.9 rpg in the playoffs this season.

He has no offensive game and is a mediocre rebounder. People need to stop living in the past. There are about 30 guys are better than Perk and are a lot cheaper.

Sections
Shortcuts