Do You Do THIS Trade?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Do You Do THIS Trade?

Boston:  Rondo, Crawford, Wilcox and Shav for:

Bucks:  Jennings, Dalembart (6'11" C) and Henson (6'11" PF)

Trade works on RealGM.  The Bucks had an issue with both Jennings and Monta Ellis needing the ball in their hands (similiar to the situation with Curry and Monta with the Warriors). Can't help but think now that the Bucks have offered to extend Monta Ellis contract for three years that they may be looking to move Jenninings and get a PG distributor instead of a PG scorer.  

Dalembart solves our need (short term) for a big body in the middle and Henson can give us young quality depth at PF when Garnett leaves.  Jennings gives us scoring in the backcourt and good speed with Bradley.  and his defense is no worse than Rondos.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from anguskahn. Show anguskahn's posts

Re: Do You Do THIS Trade?

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Boston:  Rondo, Crawford, Wilcox and Shav for:

Bucks:  Jennings, Dalembart (6'11" C) and Henson (6'11" PF)

Trade works on RealGM.  The Bucks had an issue with both Jennings and Monta Ellis needing the ball in their hands (similiar to the situation with Curry and Monta with the Warriors). Can't help but think now that the Bucks have offered to extend Monta Ellis contract for three years that they may be looking to move Jenninings and get a PG distributor instead of a PG scorer.  

Dalembart solves our need (short term) for a big body in the middle and Henson can give us young quality depth at PF when Garnett leaves.  Jennings gives us scoring in the backcourt and good speed with Bradley.  and his defense is no worse than Rondos.  

yes.  Jennings is really good and very young.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

No , I do not make that trade

The Celtics can get Brandon Jennings without giving up Rondo....

They can get him for Avery Bradley or Brandon Bass + spare parts to make it match

And don't tell me Rondo and Brandon Jennings couldn't co-exist in the same backcourt , they would make the most dangerous and dynamic backcourt in the NBA....plus Jennings would cure one of the fatal flaws in the Celtics roster by providing Rondo insurance in the event of another catastrophe......what an incredible starting backcourt that would be 

I've been thinking all summer that Brandon Jennings makes as much sense (and is one of the most likely) as any trade scenario I've seen on this board. Brandon Jennings is as undervalued with the Bucks as Jeff Green was with OKC....Danny Ainge needs to pounce on this one

But no,  I would not trade Rondo to get Jennings, those two guys belong together......

PS: the other player I see as the most likely to end up playinging for the Celtics is Emeka Okafor , he would come half as cheap as Al Jefferson and be a better fit all around , much better defender and rebounder.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:

They can get him for Avery Bradley or Brandon Bass + spare parts to make it match

And don't tell me Rondo and Brandon Jennings couldn't co-exist in the same backcourt , they would make the most dangerous and dynamic backcourt in the NBA...

I've been thinking all summer that Brandon Jennings makes as much sense (and is one of the most likely) as any trade scenario I've seen on this board. Brandon Jennings is as undervalued with the Bucks as Jeff Green was with OKC....Danny Ainge needs to pounce on this one

But no,  I would not trade Rondo to get Jennings, those two guys belong together......

With all due respect, your reasoning for not liking the trade does not make much sense.    

Jennings and Rondo are both elite true PGs.  So they would never be on the same team.           

If the Bucks traded Jennings, they would need a high level PG (preferably assist oriented) in return, so Rondo would be ideal for them.  The Bucks would not need nor want Bradley, as they are deep at SG with Ellis and Reddick.  The point is that we strengthen our offense by adding a deep threat shooter in the backcourt with Jennings, and therefore can keep Bradley.  

and the Bucks do not need nor would they have any interest in Bass, whos salary would not accomodate this trade.  

as much as I would like to, it will be very difficult for Danny to trade Terry, Bass or Lee.  As teams will compensate in player quality to assume their bad contracts. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

I would do it.  I just don't see why Milwaukee would.  Jennings and Rondo are not all that far apart in talent.  Milwaukee would be sending us 3 players for one????  Why would they do this trade????  Again, if the Celtics could pull it off, then it would be quite a heist.  The Milwaukee GM would probably be instantly fired.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

In response to PHX85014's comment:

[QUOTE]

And don't tell me Rondo and Brandon Jennings couldn't co-exist in the same backcourt , they would make the most dangerous and dynamic backcourt in the NBA...

With all due respect, your reasoning for not liking the trade does not make much sense.    

Jennings and Rondo are both elite true PGs.  So they would never be on the same team.           

If the Bucks traded Jennings, they would need a high level PG (preferably assist oriented) in return, so Rondo would be ideal for them.  The Bucks would not need nor want Bradley, as they are deep at SG with Ellis and Reddick.  The point is that we strengthen our offense by adding a deep threat shooter in the backcourt with Jennings, and therefore can keep Bradley.  

and the Bucks do not need nor would they have any interest in Bass, whos salary would not accomodate this trade.  

as much as I would like to, it will be very difficult for Danny to trade Terry, Bass or Lee.  As teams will compensate in player quality to assume their bad contracts. 

[/QUOTE]

With all due respect to you, Jennings is NOT an elite PG. Yeah he can shoot but not a great passer or assist guy. He is a shoot first pg who plays no defense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

If we trade Rajon, we better better get a young Allstar in return. Not possibilities (unless those possibilities are league MVP). My answer is no.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I disagree that Rondo and Jenning could not play together.....in the new positionless NBA , I can see Brandon Jennings wanting to come to Boston to play in games that matter for a high profile team. I can see him moving to shooting guard knowing that Rondo's pass first mentality could instantly make him a 30 point a game scoring champ.

Monta Ellis can play point for the Bucks and Avery Bradley would be the perfect guy next to him.

Jennings stock is at an all time low after being pulled from the rotation during the playoffs , I can definitely see the Celtics trading for him without giving up Rondo.....a sign and trade with Pierce or Garnett going to the Bucks could easily happen.

We'll see......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Nope!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I like the trade, but I also agree we could get more for Rondo.......the Bucks have to see what Ellis does.  NO sense to have Rondo, Ellis, Crawford and Redick.  While all are good, they would be SG heavy with very little at PG.

Bill Russell won more NBA titles with the Boston Celtics than Wilt, Kareem and Shaq COMBINED did as Lakers!!

No Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - 2-1 vs majic- last word!

Sections
Shortcuts