Do you see any trades for Celtics?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Re: Do you see any trades for Celtics?

In Response to Re: Do you see any trades for Celtics?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do you see any trades for Celtics? : Actually, there was a report during the Bulls game that Sheed was in the locker room before the game hanging out and he was in tremendous shape.
    Posted by dangr76[/QUOTE]

round or fat could also be quite a "tremendous" shape on a frame as big as 'Sheed's.  I'll believe it if/when I see it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Semih Erden for Theo Ratliff?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kahunaceltic. Show kahunaceltic's posts

I don't see the Celts making any significant  trades.   Wouldn't be surprised if Doc talks Sheed out of retirement.  Also Alan Iverson is available after bailing on his Chinese pro league team. I can see The Celts , Heat, Spurs or Lakers taking the risk & signing him for half a season if he gets a reality check on how much he is really worth financially. He would be a good option as a role player off the bench & a upgrade over Marquis Daniels.

He couldn't be any worse than Stephon Marbury was!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]The #'s on Nate & Marquis for Battier match up...
    Posted by Red-Doc-Redemption[/QUOTE]

I don't think the Rockets need another undersized guard.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

i am not so sure that i care to see rasheed wallace back in a celtics uniform.  he did give it a great effort in game 7 of the finals last year, but he couldn't handle the assignment because he was not in good enough basketball shape.

the idea of not being in shape for the finals really bothered me.  part of your contribution to a team when you are a reserve is to be able to play as much as needed when needed, and he was not able to do that in the most crucial time of the season.  his belief that the regular season "didn't count" obviously came back to haunt him and the team when he was unable to play well enough for enough minutes in game 7 to win a championship.

his age cannot be a reason/excuse for not being in shape either because i have never seen ray allen and other older guys cramp up and not be able to play when the season is on the line.  bill russell played a lot of minutes in his last few years when titles were to be decided.

if he couldn't be in shape for the finals series what makes anyone think that he will be even close to that condition without playing all year?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

[QUOTE]Semih Erden for Theo Ratliff?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Semih is a young and up coming big man. He doesn't play like the typical euro pushover. If Semih can add some explosion to his game & 15 lbs in the weight room he might have a future in Boston....Theo is old & his production is probably equal to Semih at this point. The C's are really high on Semih. Both players & coaches. KG loves Semih & he is NOT a guy that is easy to win over.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

[QUOTE]    I don't see the Celts making any significant  trades.   Wouldn't be surprised if Doc talks Sheed out of retirement.  Also Alan Iverson is available after bailing on his Chinese pro league team. I can see The Celts , Heat, Spurs or Lakers taking the risk & signing him for half a season if he gets a reality check on how much he is really worth financially. He would be a good option as a role player off the bench & a upgrade over Marquis Daniels.   He couldn't be any worse than Stephon Marbury was!!!
    Posted by kahunaceltic[/QUOTE]

AI is playing in Turkey now homeboy.....He is past his days of NBA basketball. Delonte West is more valuable to the Celtics than AI ever would be.....& staight up AI is a drunk & a D!ck....He woud screw up the team's chemistry 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

[QUOTE]    I don't see the Celts making any significant  trades.   Wouldn't be surprised if Doc talks Sheed out of retirement.  Also Alan Iverson is available after bailing on his Chinese pro league team. I can see The Celts , Heat, Spurs or Lakers taking the risk & signing him for half a season if he gets a reality check on how much he is really worth financially. He would be a good option as a role player off the bench & a upgrade over Marquis Daniels.   He couldn't be any worse than Stephon Marbury was!!!
    Posted by kahunaceltic[/QUOTE]

Iverson’s start in Turkey has been mixed. He’s averaging 9.6 points and 3.6 assists after five games......There is a reason he is done in the NBA....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do you see any trades for Celtics? : Semih is a young and up coming big man. He doesn't play like the typical euro pushover. If Semih can add some explosion to his game & 15 lbs in the weight room he might have a future in Boston....Theo is old & his production is probably equal to Semih at this point. The C's are really high on Semih. Both players & coaches. KG loves Semih & he is NOT a guy that is easy to win over.
    Posted by Red-Doc-Redemption[/QUOTE]

Guess you didn't get the part where that statement was supposed to irk the Laker trolls on this board.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do you see any trades for Celtics? : Actually, there was a report during the Bulls game that Sheed was in the locker room before the game hanging out and he was in tremendous shape.
    Posted by dangr76[/QUOTE]

??Was he showing off his washboard abs?? LOL.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do you see any trades for Celtics? : ??Was he showing off his washboard abs?? LOL.
    Posted by basketbert[/QUOTE]
    it would be classic - if he got some spray paint on abs like you see sometimes as a goof.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

The Celts still have room to get better.  They need to trade for a younger and quality wing player.  Montae Ellis may be one such.  Semih shows promise to be a capable center in a couple of years.  Until then, the Celts have JON and Shaq.  I don't know if it will be possible to trade Perk, Delonte and Nate for Montae, maybe in a multi team scenario.  If possible, it will really solidify the Celts line up and rotation.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Semih Erden for Theo Ratliff?

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do you see any trades for Celtics? : I tried using ESPN's trade machine, Prince's salary is 11.15m this season.  Not realistic to think Prince will become a Celtic this season IMO.
    Posted by ConnectingRod[/QUOTE]

Jermaine, Marquis, Bradley and Wafer gets him $ wise

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]The Celts still have room to get better.  They need to trade for a younger and quality wing player.  Montae Ellis may be one such.  Semih shows promise to be a capable center in a couple of years.  Until then, the Celts have JON and Shaq.  I don't know if it will be possible to trade Perk, Delonte and Nate for Montae, maybe in a multi team scenario.  If possible, it will really solidify the Celts line up and rotation.
    Posted by prakash[/QUOTE]

Trade won't work, salaries don't match. And there's a risk that Monta Ellis could ruin team chemistry.

I don't think Monta Ellis would be happy just being the backup to Ray Allen.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do you see any trades for Celtics? : Jermaine, Marquis, Bradley and Wafer gets him $ wise
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Why would the Pistons be interested in JO? 

Don't forget that a trade is supposed to help both teams.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do you see any trades for Celtics? : Why would the Pistons be interested in JO?  Don't forget that a trade is supposed to help both teams.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Unless your the Fakers then its suppose to just help them.  Bynum for Paul.  Pau for a bunch of junk.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do you see any trades for Celtics? : Trade won't work, salaries don't match. And there's a risk that Monta Ellis could ruin team chemistry. I don't think Monta Ellis would be happy just being the backup to Ray Allen.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Actually, the salaries do work.  According to HoopsHype, the total of Perk, Nate and Delonte's salaries is approx $9.65M.  The Celtics can take back 125%+100K which is $12.16M.  Monta makes $11M.

I understand the Chemistry issue but Monta is averaging approx 40 mins/game.  If Paul, Ray, Rondo and Monta split the 144 mins per game, it averages out to 36 mins per game.  So he may not be too far off from his playing average.  Having seen a good bit of him, he is a very capable player and has not created any issues for the Warriors.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do you see any trades for Celtics? : Actually, the salaries do work.  According to HoopsHype, the total of Perk, Nate and Delonte's salaries is approx $9.65M.  The Celtics can take back 125%+100K which is $12.16M.  Monta makes $11M. I understand the Chemistry issue but Monta is averaging approx 40 mins/game.  If Paul, Ray, Rondo and Monta split the 144 mins per game, it averages out to 36 mins per game.  So he may not be too far off from his playing average.  Having seen a good bit of him, he is a very capable player and has not created any issues for the Warriors.
    Posted by prakash[/QUOTE]

Besides the the chemistry issue it's not a good idea to trade Perk for a SG because the Celtics might have to face D.Howard, P.Gasol, or T.Duncan in a 7-game series. 

The Warriors already tried Monta Ellis at PG, it didn't work out. Ellis is a scorer, shoot first mentality, while the Celtics rely on unselfishness on offense. 

3 very good players for 1 great player, not a good idea. The Celtics already have a Big 4 they don't need another alpha male. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

I forgot to mention that even if the Warriors got Perk, Nate, and Delonte for Monta Ellis it would not improve their chances of making the playoffs. In other words that trade would not make any sense for the Warriors.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

I see no reason to disrupt team chemistry by moving players who have been extremely helpful to the Celtics thus far. The team is playing very good basketball right now. Why alter it? The only roster spot Ainge should consider tinkering with is Von Wafer's. If another team releases a useful veteran, or if the Celtics want to re-sign Wallace, then I'm okay with such a move if it only affects the end of the bench. Otherwise the team should stand pat, as currently constituted.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

The only trade would be a bench player for another bench player and wouldn't change the overall makeup of the team.  A wing, another shooting guard/forward would probably be the only "trade" per se.  A pickup and the release of a current player is more likely to occur.  Trades after the season should be the more realistic topic, I think.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do you see any trades for Celtics? : Besides the the chemistry issue it's not a good idea to trade Perk for a SG because the Celtics might have to face D.Howard, P.Gasol, or T.Duncan in a 7-game series.  The Warriors already tried Monta Ellis at PG, it didn't work out. Ellis is a scorer, shoot first mentality, while the Celtics rely on unselfishness on offense.  3 very good players for 1 great player, not a good idea. The Celtics already have a Big 4 they don't need another alpha male. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Good points.  I thought for a long time about trading Perk.  Finally concluded that the Celts should consider it if they can get a really good player.

In football, you can trade a great player for multiple good players and it will be a good trade.  But in basketball, you need to do the opposite.

Monta may not be a natural point guard but he may be a better backup than Nate.  I am more attracted to Monta at 2.  That backup help will allow Ray Allen to back up Paul.

This is probably a very difficult trade to pull off because it will need multi-team involvement.  I am suggesting a scenario to get a really good young player as opposed to older or mediocre players.  That way, the Celts don't have to bust it all up and start from ground zero in a couple of years.  I will be very happy if Danny can pull off this kind of a scenario.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Pra, I'm fine with pursuing Ellis in the off-season, I just don't think it would be advisable to dramatically shake up the team at a time when the Celtics boast the best record in the Eastern Conference. Why bother? Make deals in the off-season.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Pra, I'm fine with pursuing Ellis in the off-season, I just don't think it would be advisable to dramatically shake up the team at a time when the Celtics boast the best record in the Eastern Conference. Why bother? Make deals in the off-season.
    Posted by davidap[/QUOTE]

Agree. 

We won't have a future if we don't survive in the present.

Sections
Shortcuts