Do you think Charles Barkley likes the Celtics & do you care???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Do you think Charles Barkley likes the Celtics & do you care???

Sir CHARLES called the 80’s Celtics team the ugliest ever. I think Russell and Havlicek were just finishing up & Bird, Mchale & Parrish were just starting.  He’s jealous as the team beat the 76ers and went on to win 3 titles in 1981, 1984 & 1986.  He has never won a ring.  He liked the Lakers against us 2 years ago but now says we’ll beat the Hawks.  Wonder who he’ll pick vs 76ers.  Hopefully we make it but you know the Guru will pick the Magic…even Vegas odds might be 2:1.

Anyway, I find him as comical as the Laker’s Elf on occasion !

Barkley to Romney: We’re going to beat you like a drum­ !!!   
    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/07/barkley-to-romney-were-going-to-beat-you-like-a-drum/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Do you think Charles Barkley likes the Celtics & do you care???

In Response to Do you think Charles Barkley likes the Celtics & do you care???:
    [QUOTE]Sir CHARLES called the 80’s Celtics team the ugliest ever. I think Russell and Havlicek were just finishing up & Bird, Mchale & Parrish were just starting.  He’s jealous as the team beat the 76ers and went on to win 3 titles in 1981, 1984 & 1986.  He has never won a ring.  He liked the Lakers against us 2 years ago but now says we’ll beat the Hawks.  Wonder who he’ll pick vs 76ers.  Hopefully we make it but you know the Guru will pick the Magic…even Vegas odds might be 2:1. Anyway, I find him as comical as the Laker’s Elf on occasion !   Barkley to Romney: We’re going to beat you like a drum­ !!!    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/07/barkley-to-romney-were-going-to-beat-you-like-a-drum/
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]

Russell finished up in '69. Hondo in '78.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Well, he's certainly quick to point out the greatness of Kevin McHale.  At least you can credit him for that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Anyone doubt how good McHale was...........I got two words for you.....Kent Benson

Let's see how many "oldies" get that!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

I'm just amazed that you actually pay attention to anything Barkley says.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

I enjoy Barkley. 

He seems totally unscripted and spontaneous... and doesn't take himself so seriously that he can't backtrack and admit to brain f@rts.

That in itself is unusual.

I liked him as a player too.

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dk33. Show dk33's posts

in addition to McHale, Barkley was a hudge proponent of DJ getting into the hall of fame--I think DJ's brother actually mentioned that when DJ was inducted--which I thought was a cool moment

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Russ and Bird were 10 years apart

Barkley missed a title with the Sixers by 2 years and was really only on 2 teams that were bulldozed by the Celts, he was only in the league for ONE Celtics title... that was more of an early 80's rivalry

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

He will like them when we get into the finals?  The Heat are his team at the moment.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Do you think Charles Barkley likes the Celtics & do you care???:
    [QUOTE]I'm just amazed that you actually pay attention to anything Barkley says.
    Posted by walk2run[/QUOTE]

Agree with you.  I don't believe that Barkley likes the Celtics.  He doesn't usually bother me though.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i dont care if barkley likes the celtics....part of his job description now is to not be partial to any team...he is a good analyst and was a heck of a player obviously. i do agree with pud on the fact that charles isnt as full of himself as many analysts are. he can admit a mistake and move on.

Sections
Shortcuts