Do you trade Courtney Lee

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Re: Do you trade Courtney Lee

In response to R9R's comment:

You guys aren't understanding this post.

The point is, once we move Lee, we will need a good backup 3&D guy at SG.

Once we move Bass, we will need someone to defend the Melos of the world.

These two guy are young. 27/28 is young when your team is built around a 28 year old Rondo. You can't just keep getting younger by selling all your solid role guys who are in the beginning of their prime... Its not like we can get Harden for Lee. The most we can get for Lee and Bass is a borderline starter or a mediocre pick, a pick that we HOPE will become as good of a contributor as one of these two guys in 5 years...

Its just making less and less sense to me. It certainly doesn't look like Bass & Lee are blocking the way for our young guys. Maybe Bass, but Sully is still getting 30+ mpg and KO is not in a position to take on more than 10-15mpg at this point as a rookie ...

I understand the post.  Crawford, Green and Bradley can all play Sg. Even Wallace can.

I like Lee but this team does not need an overpaid back up SG.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Think about it, Jared Sullinger is still 21 years old, Olynyk and Pressey are 22 years old, Vitor and Jordan Crawford are 25 years old, and Avery Bradley is 23 years old.

The question is, is Courtney Lee part of the future plans?

Remember, Lee will get 5.5m, on average, next season and the season after that.

So is Lee worth 5.5m per year just to play 17 minutes per game?

Bradley may leave.

According to Synergy Sports data, Bradley is averaging 1.112 points per play over the past eight games (119 points on 107 possessions). To offer some perspective, of players with at least 350 total offensive possessions finished this season, LeBron James ranks tops in the NBA at 1.127 points per play overall. If Bradley maintained his recent production, he'd rank second in the NBA.

Now normally I'd say that is to small a sample size, but since you are Mr. "we're 6 and 2 withoult KO" I figured you'd accept that. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

You trade ANYONE if it improves the team and financial flexibiity.

Lee and Bradley are similar players.  So, if Bradley is demanding a 4 year $30M deal... I try to move him.  Lee has 2 more years at $5.5M per yr.

As a player - Lee can provide excellent defense, has better size at 6'5" (vs Bradley 6'1") to defend taller SGs, has a better PER of 15.6 (vs Bradley 12.1) and similar offenseve stats adjusted to 40 MP.

No brainer.  Keep Lee.  Trade Bradley.  = Lower payroll, increased future flexibility, better overall player efficiency.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

So CL is shooting better this year?   Doesn't matter.   What matters is what you do when the team is in the playoffs and the games really mean something.   Last year in the playoffs CL stunk (is that what you call ch_k__g?).   You can be excused if you're a rookie. But not a vet .   Some players can't step it up.   They wilt when something is on the line.   A lot of players can play in the reg season on losing teams.   No pressure.   Just play ball. But the pressure of needing to make many shots to win games consistently they can't do. Don't tell me how CL is playing this losing yr when the Cs needed some good shooting last year's playoffs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

You trade ANYONE if it improves the team and financial flexibiity.

Lee and Bradley are similar players.  So, if Bradley is demanding a 4 year $30M deal... I try to move him.  Lee has 2 more years at $5.5M per yr.

As a player - Lee can provide excellent defense, has better size at 6'5" (vs Bradley 6'1") to defend taller SGs, has a better PER of 15.6 (vs Bradley 12.1) and similar offenseve stats adjusted to 40 MP.

No brainer.  Keep Lee.  Trade Bradley.  = Lower payroll, increased future flexibility, better overall player efficiency.  

This logic doesn't make sense to me. You certainly have to think about cap flexability but you have to make sure you are careful it is not at the expense of young talent with High ceilings. 

1) Bradley's defense is better than Lee's

2) Bradley has been putting up some of the best numbers in the league in the last 8             games. 

3) Bradley's numbers overall have improved considerbly since moving over to shooting guard his natural postion where he is trending in the right direction.

3) Bradley is five years younger and has way more upside.

4) Bradley is one of the best midrange shooters in the game now and his 3 point shot is approaching elite level (less than Lee overall but lately he is hitting that shot at a better clip than Lee) 

5) Bradley is also playing against the other teams best shooting guard. Lee is playing against the other teams backup.

IMHO You don't pick Bradley over Lee unless you are convinced, that Lee (who has probably peaked.) is better than Bradley is going to be. I'm not at all convinced that is the case.  

Sections
Shortcuts