DO YOU WANT TO FACE THE LAKERS IN THE FINALS???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

DO YOU WANT TO FACE THE LAKERS IN THE FINALS???

Be careful for what one wishes for, I say.  I hate the Lakers, the team closest to us in rings. Nothing would make me happier than to revenge the finals 2 years ago and I could even put up with the Red Sox perhaps not even making the playoffs with a Celtic championship. I live in SF Bay area and a local team fan, but Boston teams first, and I’m still hurting from 49ers losing to Giants on 2 fumbles for a field goal to tie & a field goal to win in OT.  I wanted a 49er-Pats superbowl( I’d rooted for Pats). Then I wanted the Pats to avenge their SB lost to Giants a couple of years ago preventing also an undefeated season & avenge the 49er loss but again they lose to the Giants.

Keep in mind if we played the Lakers, they would have home court advantage again. For some reason Bynum & Gasol have tremendous rebounding games against us which bails out their poor shooting %s.  Game 7 we shoot 40%, they 32% & Kobe 6/24 or 25% but their rebounding gave them 2nd chances. I’m aware too of the egregious gift of the disparity in fouls 37-17, 20 more which resulted in only a 4 pt victory, where we still could have won but for the rebounds. We do not have Perkins or Rasheed this year and although they don’t have Odom,  this Jordan Hill is a big rebounding boost while they rest Bynum & Gasol.  Kobe, although older as our Big 3, is always dangerous and Sessions has helped at the PG position so the Fisher loss is nothing.  Yes, of course, I’d be happy to be in the finals even if it meant we faced the Lakers but because they usually get 10-15 more rebounds, I’d rather face OKC or the Spurs !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: DO YOU WANT TO FACE THE LAKERS IN THE FINALS???

I wouldn't care who we play, if we get there!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Of course not.

Despite being BETTER teams (by a good amount) I prefer OKC and SA b/c we match-up with Duncan/Splitter/Blair and Perk/Ibaka/Collison better than Gasol/Bynum/Hill.

I don't fear KoME at all, 6-24 2 years ago can't cut it against PP, Avery and Peaches this year. 

But the real MVP of the '10 finals (Pau) remains a force and Bynum is better than in '10, even if he is as immature and pathetic as ever (see his borderline no-call goaltend tantrum while the ball was still in play, he's a loser human being immature while Rondo is a fiery competitive immature)

The Lakers have a much tougher 2nd rd than we do of course, but I'd put their chances of beating SA equal to ur chances of beating Miami in the conference finals. Maybe like 30%.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In Response to Re: DO YOU WANT TO FACE THE LAKERS IN THE FINALS???:
    Of course not. Despite being BETTER teams (by a good amount) I prefer OKC and SA b/c we match-up with Duncan/Splitter/Blair and Perk/Ibaka/Collison better than Gasol/Bynum/Hill. I don't fear KoME at all, 6-24 2 years ago can't cut it against PP, Avery and Peaches this year.  But the real MVP of the '10 finals (Pau) remains a force and Bynum is better than in '10, even if he is as immature and pathetic as ever (see his borderline no-call goaltend tantrum while the ball was still in play, he's a loser human being immature while Rondo is a fiery competitive immature)   The Lakers have a much tougher 2nd rd than we do of course, but I'd put their chances of beating SA equal to ur chances of beating Miami in the conference finals. Maybe like 30%.
    Posted by rameakap

Re: Bynum I agree and I do think he and D. Howard are the 2 best Biggies in the game...

Posted separately under "Bynum's Behavior a Concern for the Lakers" This 23 year old child is almost as much an animal as Artest. Recall with his $100K 6 series BMW he parked in a handicapped spot & no fine I believe. Did he feel justified with his wobbly knees ? He just defied the law because he thinks he's above it. I do not believe he even got a technical for his behavior when goal tending wasn't called on his shot and Sessions put in the rebound. All the way down the court he needed be restrained. How about tossing him out for the rest of the game and even a 1 game suspension. Wouldn't be a dry eye in my house if he's punished ! BY THE WAY, HE WAS NOT GIVEN A TECHNICAL !!!

http://www.foxsportswest.com/05/04/12/Bynums-actions-still-a-concern-for-Laker/landing_battleforla.html?blockID=723728&feedID=7972

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

Lakers/OKC/Spurs/Clips would all destroy Boston! Such is the pathetic Leastern conference.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

If we got to the finals vs the lakers, the nba would see it as our "turn" and give us the calls.  That's how the nba works.  Just like last time it was the mavs turn after being robbed vs the heat a few years previous. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

If we got to the finals vs the lakers, the nba would see it as our "turn" and give us the calls.  That's how the nba works.  Just like last time it was the mavs turn after being robbed vs the heat a few years previous. 
    Posted by cole-ely

Jump shooting teams that can't rebound don't usually get many calls becasue they are the ones doing the fouling.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Personally, I fear OKC the most, the San Antonio, then the Lakers and then Clippers.

I don't really take anybody lightly in these playoffs except for Philly because they played so badly post allstar break and Chicago becase they are whipped out by injury.

Personally I don't think the C's will get to finals and the Lakers odds are only slightly better.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakerfaker. Show lakerfaker's posts

I know you guys would like to play my Lakers in the finals but it won't happen. While you could come out of the East, my Lakers have no shot at beating the Spurs, Thunder.  We may at this point be the second best team in our own town.  The Clips want to win and don't care who does it.  My Lakers on the other hand, one guy has to be the hero as evidenced by his recent 10-25 shooting.  He nearly cost us the game but the usual good game from our bigs with some clutch shooting from guards that usually don't help that much saved our bacon.  Lets hope that we meet you in the finals.  It would be a great matchup.
    Go Lakers!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I would like the Celtics chances against the 2012 Lakers.  They are a flawed team with a rapidly declining star player who does not play team ball.

Our older players do play team ball.  And our defense is suffocating.

The question would be is Artest allowed to play with the intent of injuring players. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Lakers will not make it to the finals, so no point in this thread!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Very true Concord,

.Artest was allowed to injury Ray on a dirty play in game 3 of the '10 finals after he torched them in game 2. Clearly the motive was to make sure our shooter wouldn't be able to have his legs under him to expode for 6-7-8 3's a game again. Criminal.

Without that shamefulness the series would have ended in game 5 and the refs would never have needed to produce the worst officiating in league history to bail LA out in 7.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Very true Concord, .Artest was allowed to injury Ray on a dirty play in game 3 of the '10 finals after he torched them in game 2. Clearly the motive was to make sure our shooter wouldn't be able to have his legs under him to expode for 6-7-8 3's a game again. Criminal. Without that shamefulness the series would have ended in game 5 and the refs would never have needed to produce the worst officiating in league history to bail LA out in 7.
    Posted by rameakap

Amen this happened and I am convinced of it.  Ray hit eight threes for a record in game 2 and Artest did his thing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: DO YOU WANT TO FACE THE LAKERS IN THE FINALS??? : Amen this happened and I am convinced of it.  Ray hit eight threes for a record in game 2 and Artest did his thing.
    Posted by concord27

Ray had a once in a lifetime game in game 2.
    He made only (13) 3 pointers in his 8 games before game 2.

He made 7 of 14 FGA in game 6 then only 3 of 14 in game 7.
    Ray had great and terrible shooting games throughout the 2010 playoffs.
    His 0-13 wasn't his only lousy game.
    2-9 against Miami
    2-9 against Cle
    8-21 against Cle
    2-8 against Cle
    1-6 against Orl
    3-11 against Orl
    0-13 against LAL
    3-14 against LAL

Are these games Artest's fault too? LOL.

STOP the excuses about the 2010 Finals.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

Silly Celtic fans! 

The Lakers would SWEEP the celtics if they met in the finals. Did any of you watch what the Lakers did to your team during the regular season?  LOL

Your team has no answer for BIGS!

Besides it is going to be Miami playing the Lakers this year, and Kobe will tie MJ in the ring department. Enjoy!

Cool

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

lakers will get blown out by the thunder next round anyway so this thread is pointless....i wonder if elven, mark, and bynumizathug will get a social life once the lakers are bounced from the playoffs.....probobably not

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

Posted by CelticFanLA

Concur.  We'll just have to settle for SA. OKC or Clips to hang banner #18 in June.

As Always,

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Boston will be LONG gone by the time the NBA Finals start.
    Playing one good game against the dreadful Hawks does not mean they will be in the Finals.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Posted by CelticFanLA

Agree with you.  Even though anything can happen in the playoffs, I don't expect the Lakers to make it to the finals.  I would be surprised if either OKC or the Spurs aren't representing the Western Conference in the finals. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

Boston will be LONG gone by the time the NBA Finals start. Playing one good game against the dreadful Hawks does not mean they will be in the Finals.
    Posted by Mark from Ct

If the Lakers played in the leastern conference, they could rest their starters until the Finals. Cool

Sections
Shortcuts