Doc and his personnel

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Doc and his personnel

Read this the other day on BDC. Doc was asked about Bradley's return:

"I have no idea," Rivers said when asked when he thought Bradley might be back. "I don't check, don't ask. [Trainer] Eddie [Lacerte] will let us know."

OK, help me understand. This is one of your players, a potential very important one, and you don't know his status? Is Doc just lying or what? Is he too busy (with what)? Do they want to keep everyone in the dark? I don't get it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Doc and his personnel

You remember all the timetables for KG and Shaq et al??  You rarely get a straight answer from the C's regarding injuries and when you do... its many times way off the money

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

True. But what's the point? Or is it incompetence? I mean, there are plenty of fans that would like to know. If he's still sore after practice, just say so.

But a "I don't check, don't ask" is just silly.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Maybe saying "I don't care" would be closer to the truth.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

IF true, must make AB feel warm all over his coach doesnt even check or know  how hes doing.. Maybe Doc too busy writing love poems to Rondo

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

If Bradley's status to come back is a strong one, he's a treat and a dagger to Rondo. Rondo will absolutely up his notch to score more instead of assist. Assist is important if your team is strong on all the position but does not mean a thing in a current roster.

If Bradley's return is a zhyte one (which i believed his injury was a major one), then find a way to get a center to salvage this season. In my estimation and guess, if Bradley comes back... he's not the same player used to be.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to CHEisCHE's comment:

If Bradley's return is a zhyte one (which i believed his injury was a major one), then find a way to get a center to salvage this season. In my estimation and guess, if Bradley comes back... he's not the same player used to be.

Yes, you may be right, but I hope not.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Maybe saying "I don't care" would be closer to the truth.

Pud

That's what it sounds like.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Unless Bradley is the major impact player we are missing, his return will not help the lack of talent we have compared to other  teams.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Celtict Fans,

you think maybe, just maybe - Doc is saying that he's not focusing on Bradley's return because he has to work with what he's got.  Rather than excuses about Bradley, the Coach is spending 100% of his time trying to train this current team.  Asking everyday about Bradley's status does nothing to focus the coach nor the players on the task at hand.

i'm glad he's not focused on Bradley because Bradley isn't going to solve the offensive woes, the rebounding issue, the inside scoring issue, nor the lack of D by our big men!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

Celtict Fans,

you think maybe, just maybe - Doc is saying that he's not focusing on Bradley's return because he has to work with what he's got.  Rather than excuses about Bradley, the Coach is spending 100% of his time trying to train this current team.  Asking everyday about Bradley's status does nothing to focus the coach nor the players on the task at hand.

i'm glad he's not focused on Bradley because Bradley isn't going to solve the offensive woes, the rebounding issue, the inside scoring issue, nor the lack of D by our big men!

+1 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

Celtict Fans,

I dont know that anyone is suggesting Doc be focused on Bradleys return.. I think we're wondering how he's doing, coming along on schedule??? a little behind???  Just basic "we care about you" questions.

Doc's response is hard to believe that he literally doesnt know AB's situation or status. More believable he lied so as not to get into what may be some bad news or other reason.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Conspiracy theorists never stop, huh?   When KG ws hurt last year for a couple of weeks, many swore Doc was lying when he said he just wanted to hold him out a little longer.  He came back fine. When Darko was leaving, the Coach said "I don't think he's coming back".  Then Darko asked to be bought out.  I think the answers are pretty clear.

But, if you want to know how Bradley is doing, please note what Bradley himself said about the trainer making the decision about when he can play:

From ESPN:

BOSTON -- Boston Celtics guard Avery Bradley, rehabbing from double shoulder surgery, suggested he's drawing closer to gaining clearance for contact, suggesting it could come within the next two weeks. 

"Right now, I'm just taking it one day at a time," Bradley said. "Once [team trainer] Ed [Lacerte] says I'm able to practice, I'll be able to participate in practice. I'm still working out and I'm doing noncontact drills in practice. As of right now, I'm not doing any contact." 

Sections
Shortcuts