Doc and Rondo BLOW GAME

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Re: Doc and Rondo BLOW GAME

In Response to Re: Doc and Rondo BLOW GAME:
    [QUOTE]Honestly, I think Rondo does need to be benched.  Just for one game, if for nothing else, just to send him a message.  Either you get with the Program or you sit. 
    Posted by rpn313[/QUOTE]
    Or bench him early if he doesn't get off to a good start.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doc and Rondo BLOW GAME : Or bench him early if he doesn't get off to a good start.
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

Doc will not bench Rondo in the regular season. The only way Rondo can learn to become a closer is to put him in pressure situations like tonight. But don't worry, in the playoffs Doc will never tolerate that kind of play from Rondo. That's what the signing of Delonte West is for.

Remember when Kobe cried after throwing up an air ball in the 1997 playoffs against the Jazz? The only way to simulate a pressure situation is to be in one. No matter how many shots you make in practice it will never be the same as when you're taking a shot when the game is on the line. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doc and Rondo BLOW GAME : Doc will not bench Rondo in the regular season. The only way Rondo can learn to become a closer is to put him in pressure situations like tonight. But don't worry, in the playoffs Doc will never tolerate that kind of play from Rondo. That's what the signing of Delonte West is for. Remember when Kobe cried after throwing up an air ball in the 1997 playoffs against the Jazz? The only way to simulate a pressure situation is to be in one. No matter how many shots you make in practice it will never be the same as when you're taking a shot when the game is on the line. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    Well, maybe Doc or somebody needs to spell things out to Rondo, as in tell him what his strengths and weaknesses are.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

What makes you think the WORLD, including and especially Doc, haven't told Rondo what his strengths and weaknesses are?  Just like Coach K told him, others have told him.   

You don't fix it in live game situations.  You fix it like Tony Parker did - hours and hours and hours with a shooting coach.  Only then can you try in in the live games.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Micksoxx. Show Micksoxx's posts

Rondo was a mopey pansy at times before they traded Perk.  Now he is worse.  I liked the trade but Ainge failed to factor in what a child Rondo is mentally...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]What makes you think the WORLD, including and especially Doc, haven't told Rondo what his strengths and weaknesses are?  Just like Coach K told him, others have told him.    You don't fix it in live game situations.  You fix it like Tony Parker did - hours and hours and hours with a shooting coach.  Only then can you try in in the live games.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

We have no choice, we're stuck with Rondo. Fixing it in live game situations is Doc's call. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from datruthpp34. Show datruthpp34's posts

I can't wait for dwest!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]What makes you think the WORLD, including and especially Doc, haven't told Rondo what his strengths and weaknesses are?  Just like Coach K told him, others have told him.    You don't fix it in live game situations.  You fix it like Tony Parker did - hours and hours and hours with a shooting coach.  Only then can you try in in the live games.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

There are no indications  that Rondo listens to or processes feedback/criticism. He is c-o-c-k sure that he has it "going on", brimming with complete confidence. 

Try breaking thru that stone wall.

Pud

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Pud,
    You must be thrilled and once again you have it wrong.  Rondo is not a sociopath he knows he can't shoot and that his play has been awful.  He has to do the job with the skill set he has. Getting through to a guy struggling means letting him play through as tough a that is on our record at the moment.  

As I said we are in trouble and we will ride the horse we got here on.

Shaq and West being injured has really hurt this team.  Only they know if they could have played but they have to look and know the team has suffered.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doc and Rondo BLOW GAME : We have no choice, we're stuck with Rondo. Fixing it in live game situations is Doc's call. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Why don't you put up the post where i wanted to trade Rondo and JON, for Carmelo and Lawson!!!   HAHAHA

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doc and Rondo BLOW GAME :  Why don't you put up the post where i wanted to trade Rondo and JON, for Carmelo and Lawson!!!   HAHAHA
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

I'm saving it for June, after the Celts and Rondo get Banner #18. 

It's all about timing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Rondo's is still miffed at the trading of his boyfriend. Dangle him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doc and Rondo BLOW GAME : We have no choice, we're stuck with Rondo. Fixing it in live game situations is Doc's call. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Wrong.  Doc had a choice to put in Arroyo or to call plays that didn't put the ball in Rondo's hands.  He didn't choose to do that.  Now, I  am not going to hate on Doc for trying - he's a bright coach and maybe it works in the long run, but I'm also not going to say we didn't have a choice!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doc and Rondo BLOW GAME : I'm saving it for June, after the Celts and Rondo get Banner #18.  It's all about timing.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but if we would have made my trade, banner #18 would have been a cake walk, and we wouldn't be, your words "stuck with Rondo"!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

someone has to step up and be the energy guy on this team. Nate was that guy. I am not complaining about the trade, the C's are definitely a deeper team but we dont have an energy guy. I agree about Rondo's attitude/game whatever it is that has gone mad with him..but to top it off, we dont have an energy guy any more..no sense of urgency, nothing..just bland bball.. There was great execution against the Bucks but common, it was the Bucks..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doc and Rondo BLOW GAME :  Yeah, but if we would have made my trade, banner #18 would have been a cake walk, and we wouldn't be, your words "stuck with Rondo"!!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

You asked for it so I already made a thread about it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Everything will be fine when Shaq and JO get back -___- .... thats what i keep hearing, but by then we may be 6th seed

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Everything will be fine when Shaq and JO get back -___- .... thats what i keep hearing, but by then we may be 6th seed
    Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]

Saying the Celts will end up the 6th seed with 17 games to go is not being realistic.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doc and Rondo BLOW GAME : Saying the Celts will end up the 6th seed with 17 games to go is not being realistic.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

To make you feel better i'll say 4th seed ... either way we should still be up 3 games no excuses for those 3 losses

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Doc has a history of pulling out guys playing well or shooting hot for when he normally puts back in his starters...never liked that but thats his way.

So Arroyo could have hit two 3pointers in a row and made 3 straight assists and Doc would still pull him for Rondo.  As much as we get frustrated and want to punish Rondo by sitting him... to "teach him" that lesson... Doc wont do it.

So we are stuck with Rondo and his problems. Hopefully he works them out on both sides of the ball. I dont know, maybe he and Perk had something more intimate going on than just friends thats causing his meltdown.

So forget this stuff about Arroyo is here or wishing for DW to return, like hes a savior. Neither of them will take more than a few of Rondos minutes away each half, so we better hope he gets it together.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhol. Show jhol's posts

[QUOTE]I can't wait for dwest!!!!!!
    Posted by go-to-guy+pp34[/QUOTE]

I'm with you!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Most understand we have Rondo for better or worse, most just want to see a good effort from him or sit him on the bench.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Doc has a history of pulling out guys playing well or shooting hot for when he normally puts back in his starters...never liked that but thats his way. So Arroyo could have hit two 3pointers in a row and made 3 straight assists and Doc would still pull him for Rondo.  As much as we get frustrated and want to punish Rondo by sitting him... to "teach him" that lesson... Doc wont do it. So we are stuck with Rondo and his problems. Hopefully he works them out on both sides of the ball. I dont know, maybe he and Perk had something more intimate going on than just friends thats causing his meltdown. So forget this stuff about Arroyo is here or wishing for DW to return, like hes a savior. Neither of them will take more than a few of Rondos minutes away each half, so we better hope he gets it together.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

I would prefer that the Rondo problem reach a critical mass so that it can finally be addressed by the grown ups in management (if any exist) and resolved.

An honest appraisal is long overdue.

Pud

Sections
Shortcuts