Doc: Baby worries about his shot too much... See ya!!!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Doc: Baby worries about his shot too much... See ya!!!!!!!!

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1383/glen-davis

Honestly... good.

We need a rebounding PF with jumping abilities and athleticism.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Doc: Baby worries about his shot too much... See ya!!!!!!!!

6'9 and you can't dunk? That's all I have to say. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Doc: Baby worries about his shot too much... See ya!!!!!!!!:
    I cringe when I think they may bring him back for the "right price".  Hopefully it's just posturing.
    Posted by jallen5799

I agree that I really don't want to see Davis on this team next year.  Just not sure who they will sign to replace him.  Unlike, TA last year which I said was a big mistake when he left at the end of the season.  Didn't realize how much of a mistake until Marquis was injured and all of these trades happened. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Doc: Baby worries about his shot too much... See ya!!!!!!!!:
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1383/glen-davis Honestly... good. We need a rebounding PF with jumping abilities and athleticism.
    Posted by Getzo

Perspective is quite often something that is lost on this board....... the Cs are hamstrung financially as a result of overpaying Rondo and paying the 3 stars the market rate.

When contending for championships one is lucky to get a rotation player in the draft.

They got Powe around 50th - absent his knee injuries he would have been a top 10 pick.

They got Gomes around 50th - a tweener that is limited athletically but a decent player.

They got Davis around 50th - a class clown overweight tweener that is limited athletically but has someone who is able to read, read his headlines to him - he hears things like 6th man, etc. and has to balance that against going in the paint and getting swatted every time down in the paint with a blossoming jumper.  The problem is when you are like Rondo and nobody guards you, the rim gets a lot smaller when your team is very limited offensively and it is incumbent upon you to score but you do not have the skills that are required at your position.

So next year the Cs can get another Glen Davis in the 2nd round and have him around for a few years at short money and then move on.

The real issue with the Cs is how the BIG 3 get dissolved and how much the Rondo albatross contract hurts them with the new CBA.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Glen is most likely gone and we will be unable to replace him most likely.  He has brought much to the Celtics but it is not his playing that will move but the Great Doc Rivers.  I think he means more to the team than most think.  I hope he gets on a contender.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Goodbye already!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

He may be gone (taking an offer from someone else), but for folks who have forgotten, BBD was a darn good player last year and the beginning of this year.  Played great D on both power forwards and centers, was our second leading rebounder at a couple of points, and had a decent jump shot.  He's no starter, but he was a good player for us.  He was clearly a candidate for the 6th man of the year.

While I think we need a more athletic and taller player at his spot, I also love his grit and fight.  We've seen TA leave when so many people hated him.  Then, we all wished he were here after seeing him help Memphis and seeing the C's struggle with defense on athletic guards.  We've all made jokes about Perks stone hands and slow feet and dumb moves....then we wished he were here after he's gone.  We've seen Ryan Gomes, Joe Johnson, Chauncey Billups, and others leave and flourish.  Don't be so fast to think BBD isn't going to continue to get better.   He's gotten better every year until his stinky performance at the end of this season and playoffs.  It happens but you don't always abandon a player when that happens.  If many people had their way, they would have traded Paul Pierce due to his bad attitude early in his career, trade Ray before the trade deadline last year due to his shooting slump, etc.   

Stay cool, fans.  If the C's can't do a sign and trade, it wouldn't be the worst thing for BBD to continue developing here in Boston.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

And don't be surprised to find that BBD needs surgery or some other undisclosed event.   He was clearly not himself that last 2 months.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Glen is most likely gone and we will be unable to replace him most likely.  He has brought much to the Celtics but it is not his playing that will move but the Great Doc Rivers.  I think he means more to the team than most think.  I hope he gets on a contender.
    Posted by maryngary

What has Glen done recently that would convince anyone that they should resign him?    Where do you think he will end up?  Not sure who the Celtics will sign to replace him, but if Glen isn't back next year, we will need someone else. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

Baby has detoriated big time since the Shrek and Donkey game, and he was terrible in game 7 last year against the Lakers, and he was atrocious against the Heat. Good riddance, you Big Cry Baby!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Baby worries about his shot too much.........what shot??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Baby worries about his hot too much.........what shot??
    Posted by Laker-Nation32

For once I find your comments funny! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigJoedaddyBoston. Show BigJoedaddyBoston's posts

Good riddens!!  Get rid of that bum fast!!!

BBD and Rondo for Chris Paul

Sections
Shortcuts