Doc, ever the brilliant thinker, ices Shavlik- nice

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Doc, ever the brilliant thinker, ices Shavlik- nice

how does shav go from 15-20 mins a game to less than 10 vs. orlando and the big russian guy who we had no solutions for?  is shavlik hurt?  is doc's brain hurt? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Doc, ever the brilliant thinker, ices Shavlik- nice

In response to aciemvp's comment:

how does shav go from 15-20 mins a game to less than 10 vs. orlando and the big russian guy who we had no solutions for?  is shavlik hurt?  is doc's brain hurt? 

I agree. this 32 point win made me mad.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I think he was nursing some kind of injury or resting something

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Richard1965. Show Richard1965's posts

Doc loves his small ball.  Anybody taller than Doc must ride the pine unless your in Doc's circle of friends.  Doesn't matter if you earn time because you play well (hint: you have to bake him cookies or something)....only Doc knows.  Doc = Mystery Coach

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

In response to aciemvp's comment:

I agree. this 32 point win made me mad.

snarky, smarmy, nice.  good for you.  but what i'm concerned about is continuity.  if we get out of the first round of the playoffs we need randolph to build and build one game after another and over-achieve like crazy.  that would imply that it would only be logical to give him a steady or slowly increasing minute role, not cut them in half or thirds. 

or is that just crazy talk?  and at this point, YES, one game does matter.  we WASTED so long last year developing steamer because doc was 100% out to use JerLame O'neal only and then we had to start from scratch with Steamer once o'neal was finished.  you'd think the lesson would be learned and the tallest and strongest 5 we have would try to be developed in earnest, not casually or intermittently. 

or did i miss hat randolph has proven himself and the coaching staff and mgt think he is a "known quantity" for the playoffs and cannot / should not get any better than he is?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Acie I agree Shav should have played more tonight but I'm not sure it was a fatal move to rest him. Frankly you don't understand the relationships Doc has with these players, so I think you have to at least wait until the playoffs play out before you decide what the right moves were this week. 

If the playofss prove you right then that's a different story...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

the 32-point win against a garbage team has nothing to do with this. i too would like to know why randolph is all of a sudden in the doghouse. legitimate question i think. is he injured? he can't handle really big white guys? he made one mistake after he entered he game last night and was gone 3 seconds later.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Acie I agree Shav should have played more tonight but I'm not sure it was a fatal move to rest him. Frankly you don't understand the relationships Doc has with these players, so I think you have to at least wait until the playoffs play out before you decide what the right moves were this week. 

i bet that randolph will not play any meaningful minutes against NY.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Typical Doc who never found a good thing he couldnt mess up. Its possible Shav falls into the Darko category if this continues. His confidence and enthusiasm will dwindle and why shouldnt it? What person could perform his job well (esp in this case, i big man we need desperately to do well) and be punished for it?? 

A 32 pt win and some suggest its not a big deal he played 3 mins??  Is Doc using the Krystic rule with Shav??? One mistake and your out and treated like a rabid dog that just bit the baby??

Its pathetic that one has to almost hope Shav was injured as a legit excuse as the alternative is Doc is a poor, demotivating coach or he  just may not like white guys too

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

not necessarily a fatal move.  i'm just pointing out the aggravating nonsense that IS how doc rivers makes rotations.  it more resembles a kid with lots of toys who just decides to play with "those ones over there" one day and "these ones here" the next.

there is no precedent for that "talent management" / "coaching" style achieving optimal results.  the "zen" master phil jackson didn't do it.  red auerbach didn't do it.  wilcox already played his way out of bigger minutes and her doc trots him back out for some more bigger minutes.

nothing fatal, just dumb.  and i've seen it so many times before from dokster

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Typical Doc who never found a good thing he couldnt mess up. Its possible Shav falls into the Darko category if this continues. His confidence and enthusiasm will dwindle and why shouldnt it? What person could perform his job well (esp in this case, i big man we need desperately to do well) and be punished for it?? 

A 32 pt win and some suggest its not a big deal he played 3 mins??  Is Doc using the Krystic rule with Shav??? One mistake and your out and treated like a rabid dog that just bit the baby??

Its pathetic that one has to almost hope Shav was injured as a legit excuse as the alternative is Doc is a poor, demotivating coach or he  just may not like white guys too

it is truly surreal, that in the absence of any known injuries or press releases that we see people trying to "hope shavlik was hurt" last night to explain why he didn't play.  wake up call people.  when you're hoping a player was injured rather than just outright benched in a moronic manner, we have major malfunctions at the coaching position.

and people even begin to discuss "when paul pierce is ready to go to the bench"- this will NEVER EVER happen under doc rivers.  never.  pierce should have been there all season or after the first 10 games when he came out cold and tired right off the bat.  all the while we had jeff green who is much better suited to start, etc, etc.

something tells me paul has made enough money and could see the competitive advantage for the team AND HIMSELF in coming off the bench to beat on already tired / lesser personnel to help build and preserve our leads.  but your leadership has to sell these concepts, actually MANAGE talent, not just consciously undermine the younger talent at every turn.

dannyshould write a 100,000 word essay on why he signed doc to a 5 yr extension and mail it to all season ticket holders.  and he can only use "ahhh" and "umm" ONE TIME EACH

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to basketbert's comment:

i bet that randolph will not play any meaningful minutes against NY.

i really hope you are wrong.  they have way too much length on us up front and will outrebound us into the ground.  with no big shavlik minutes + big shavlik rebounding we lose in 4 or 5 games.  wilcox vs. chandler is something that no celtic fan wants to see for 15-20 mins a night

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

You can't be hinting that our venerable coach is possibly racist? How can that be when he isn't part of the institutional power structure that perpetuates that hideous practice. By definition, he couldn't be racist even if he wanted to. Must be nice, huh?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Everyone knows Doc hates white people.

Also by definition anyone, of any race, can be racist.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Yes, Doc hates his wife, kids,  Danny, and his mentor, Pop.  All those darn white people in his life drive him crazy.  Why put up with white players on top of his personal life?

You people are amazing.

32 point win so we try many combinations, Pierce only plays 27 mins, Garnett only plays 19, Lee, Bradley, Crawford, and Bass find their shots, Wilcox gets PT and plays well, and some fans can only conclude that the coach screwed it up and dislikes white people. Amazing.   truly amazing.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

Yes, Doc hates his wife, kids,  Danny, and his mentor, Pop.  All those darn white people in his life drive him crazy.  Why put up with white players on top of his personal life?

You people are amazing.

32 point win so we try many combinations, Pierce only plays 27 mins, Garnett only plays 19, Lee, Bradley, Crawford, and Bass find their shots, Wilcox gets PT and plays well, and some fans can only conclude that the coach screwed it up and dislikes white people. Amazing.   truly amazing.

Apparently you didn't pick up on my sarcasm.

Karl and Tomobo insinuating Doc is racist because he isn't playing Shav didn't deserve any more than the one sarcastic sentence that I wrote. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Apparently you missed my sacasm as well. I guess only writers' are good @ it. 'Build it and he will come'. Everytime. TeeHeHe

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

You people are amazing.

BDC.... where amazing happens!

Now deal with it.

Pud

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to tomobo's comment:

'Build it and he will come'. Everytime. TeeHeHe

Your lack of self awareness is startling.