Doc, ever the brilliant thinker, ices Shavlik- nice

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Re: Doc, ever the brilliant thinker, ices Shavlik- nice

BigBaby doesn't hate Doc as much as teh Celtics Fans:

“I look at it and I was just so thankful,” he said. “I got a chance to talk to the guys and I told Paul, I told KG, ‘Thank you. Really, thank you, Doc, for putting that discipline and that tough love. When I see these young guys [in Orlando] and I walk around, I see the same exact things [as I did in Boston] and me listening and humbling myself got me to this point now.”

http://www.boston.com/sports/2013/04/13/orlando-glen-davis-grateful-for-his-time-with-the-celtics-helping-him-lead-the-youthful-orlando-magic/RGvskiTmMfpQtzXZ9ucNpI/story.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Jump-ball-overtime's comment:

In response to aciemvp's comment:

how does shav go from 15-20 mins a game to less than 10 vs. orlando and the big russian guy who we had no solutions for?  is shavlik hurt?  is doc's brain hurt? 

I don't think that there is anyone on this board that is more angry than you for reasons that are minor. I thought we won last night by 32 points. Shav will continue to get his chances.

i'm not angry.  i'm just fatigued with unprovoked idiocy.  there has been enough of it already

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to tomobo's comment:

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

I believe I was the one that wrote that, but maybe Rally too.

Rally may have "borrowed" the line from you.... or I may have misattributed it.

Either way, great line.

BTW.... can't find the brain anywhere. Found the anal plate though.

May have zhyte4brains. That's a start I guess.

Pud

Classic! I'm sure he does pictures well. Did you know his next book is going to be a pictorial? He'll have to take his shoes off in order to count the next book he reads.

HA Wow that was funny! You went on the internet and found a picture of a snake and posted it!And then Tomobo said that I have to count things on my toes! 

A picture of a snake and snakes dont have brains!  

Oh man! You two are just such worthy opponents, really unbelievable material.

PUd and Tomobo you guys are adorable! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

You mean Darko the great? The pernial All star Doc ruined. Surely he would be in the hall of fame if it wasn't for Doc. I mean, the fact that the guy is now out of the league, tells you, how much he was valued. 

nobody makes you act like you have a tiny brain but you.  i can't remember one single person who claimed darko was "great".  he's more or less a same-as kwame brown, but slightly more skilled and a little taller, not as horrific to watch play.

after a productive pre-season where darko proved he could still play filler / minute eater ball, why was he iced out completely?  that's just a logical question, not an assertion that doc ruined darko's "hall of fame" career.

when people contort themselves in such a way to defend truly questionable actions of one doc rivers, you either have a bad case of moral relativity or feel guilty about supporting him for lashing out at darko and making fun of him.  darko was darko- uninspiring but capable of eating some minutes at the 5 with a 7 foot body to save KG some wear.  see?  we had him cheap and then he never played when the bell rang.  the fans deserve an answer, don't they? 

it'd be one thing if darko stunk, pouted or screwed up in the pre-season, but he didn't.  we started the year playing garnett ALL at the 5 all the time.  by game 37 he was gassed and had five stinko games.  ditto AGAIN at game 50 for another 5 games and then game 60 for another 3 games.  darko could have eaten a lot of 5 minutes and played in tandem with garnett in some circumstances to allow KG to have time at the 4 instead of always grinding away at guys 30-50# heavier than him.

it's really that simple.  save the wearing out of KG.  darko could have done it.  why did he play nary a minute in the single season for us through the first 20 games?  then you have more of the same with randolph getting yanked down to 3 minutes last night.  the guy is close to 30, never stuck in the nba, not like he's a veteran all star, PLUS we're playing against ORL with a big masher russian who overachieved against us again?!  why wilcox out there for bunches of minutes and almost no randolph.

because rivers has a bad case of ADD

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

You mean Darko the great? The pernial All star Doc ruined. Surely he would be in the hall of fame if it wasn't for Doc. I mean, the fact that the guy is now out of the league, tells you, how much he was valued. 

nobody makes you act like you have a tiny brain but you.  i can't remember one single person who claimed darko was "great".  he's more or less a same-as kwame brown, but slightly more skilled and a little taller, not as horrific to watch play.

after a productive pre-season where darko proved he could still play filler / minute eater ball, why was he iced out completely?  that's just a logical question, not an assertion that doc ruined darko's "hall of fame" career.

when people contort themselves in such a way to defend truly questionable actions of one doc rivers, you either have a bad case of moral relativity or feel guilty about supporting him for lashing out at darko and making fun of him.  darko was darko- uninspiring but capable of eating some minutes at the 5 with a 7 foot body to save KG some wear.  see?  we had him cheap and then he never played when the bell rang.  the fans deserve an answer, don't they? 

it'd be one thing if darko stunk, pouted or screwed up in the pre-season, but he didn't.  we started the year playing garnett ALL at the 5 all the time.  by game 37 he was gassed and had five stinko games.  ditto AGAIN at game 50 for another 5 games and then game 60 for another 3 games.  darko could have eaten a lot of 5 minutes and played in tandem with garnett in some circumstances to allow KG to have time at the 4 instead of always grinding away at guys 30-50# heavier than him.

it's really that simple.  save the wearing out of KG.  darko could have done it.  why did he play nary a minute in the single season for us through the first 20 games?  then you have more of the same with randolph getting yanked down to 3 minutes last night.  the guy is close to 30, never stuck in the nba, not like he's a veteran all star, PLUS we're playing against ORL with a big masher russian who overachieved against us again?!  why wilcox out there for bunches of minutes and almost no randolph.

Darko quit.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Darko quit.

Why wouldnt he quit after Doc praised his preseason contributions then buried him on the bench when the games started. Are you suggesting Darko quitting was an indication Doc was inspiring and encouraging to him??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

"nobody makes you act like you have a tiny brain but you.  i can't remember one single person who claimed darko was "great".

Exactly!! when all else fails, they fall back on Darko was never a HOF player or the other team he played for didnt think he was good... hear the same thing already starting with Shav.. The Doc apologists got it down to a science.

But for some reason they ignore how the guy plays for the Celtics in the here and now... As if to say the heck with how well he might be doing now, the Knicks didnt think he should get PT.. Real geniuses

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Either way, great line.

Pud

Classic! I'm sure he does pictures well. Did you know his next book is going to be a pictorial? He'll have to take his shoes off in order to count the next book he reads.

HA Wow that was funny! You went on the internet and found a picture of a snake and posted it!And then Tomobo said that I have to count things on my toes! 

You're just too cute when you're angry, Urkel!!  You know man, Pud and Tomobo just like pulling the Monkey's string!!  Lol at you!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Darko the great was Sarcasm. I'm sure everyone else picked it up. Here is the thing. Darko has been run out of town by every coach that has coached him.

Rick Adleman said this on Darko: 

He hasn’t done anything to really give you a lot of faith that he’s going to go out and do the job,” Adelman said of Milicic. “He’s gotten himself out of shape. He hasn’t been as driven as you’d like so when a situation like this happens, it’s time for someone to have their opportunity and get back in there.

No one has played Darko. Ever stop to think maybe there is a reason for that? Maybe Darko is the problem and not Doc.

Think please. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

"nobody makes you act like you have a tiny brain but you.  i can't remember one single person who claimed darko was "great".

Exactly!! when all else fails, they fall back on Darko was never a HOF player or the other team he played for didnt think he was good... hear the same thing already starting with Shav.. The Doc apologists got it down to a science.

But for some reason they ignore how the guy plays for the Celtics in the here and now... As if to say the heck with how well he might be doing now, the Knicks didnt think he should get PT.. Real geniuses

Darko was a bust crap player who was driven out of twon by just about every coach who coached him.  You blaming doc for this is idiotic. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[The Wolves owner]Taylor reveals. “At the end of the year, Rick gives me a report of what he thinks of each player. He tells me it's the same one he gave David [wolves gm david Khan]and that David knows he is giving it to me. Then he goes through the list. He says, ‘This is the first one I want gone'—that was [underachieving veteran center] Darko [Milicic]. ‘

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[The Wolves owner]Taylor reveals. “At the end of the year, Rick gives me a report of what he thinks of each player. He tells me it's the same one he gave David [wolves gm david Khan]and that David knows he is giving it to me. Then he goes through the list. He says, ‘This is the first one I want gone'—that was [underachieving veteran center] Darko [Milicic]. ‘

Thats great, lets use the dated TWolves owners assessment for our squad.... Wonder why Danny signed Darko to a contract, didnt he read Taylors opinion???  Wonder why Doc praised Darko all preseason as giving us a hand full of minutes we needed... guess he missed that report too..

Doesnt it strike u as odd you chase down others opinions, even from years past, to form your own???  Cant you open your eyes and see Darko was maybe an average center on a good day that could spell KG some wear n tear...and thats better than what we have now at the 5.... Maybe Doc was lying to us all preseason....or DOc did what hes done to so many other non HOF players..ostricized them

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Thats great, lets use the dated TWolves owners assessment for our squad.... Wonder why Danny signed Darko to a contract, didnt he read Taylors opinion???  Wonder why Doc praised Darko all preseason as giving us a hand full of minutes we needed... guess he missed that report too..

Doesnt it strike u as odd you chase down others opinions, even from years past, to form your own???  Cant you open your eyes and see Darko was maybe an average center on a good day that could spell KG some wear n tear...and thats better than what we have now at the 5.... Maybe Doc was lying to us all preseason....or DOc did what hes done to so many other non HOF players..ostricized them

Darko, is not better than what we have at the five. Darko couldn't even stay in the league. NOOOOOO ONE wants Darko.

Not a team in the league. he was a vet min head case That doc and Danny took a look at because there was no better option. Darko did what he ALWAYS does which was be a cancer to a team. So Doc didn't play his lazy butt and he quit like the quitter he is. 

I bring this up because you act like Doc is the reason Darko failed. Darko FAILS everywhere he goes. 

What's next?  Marc Jackson is no good as a coach because he ran Kwame Brown out of town. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

Either way, great line.

Pud

You're just too cute when you're angry, Urkel!!  You know man, Pud and Tomobo just like pulling the Monkey's string!!  Lol at you!!

You guys can't tell when you are getting trolled. Even when I tell you that I am trolling you.

Pud "look I put up picture of snake it do not have brain haha"

Tomobo " Haha look like snake have to count on toes"

KY "Haha he is Urkel"

Three little monkeys dancing away not having any idea they are doing exactly what I want them to do.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Either way, great line.

Pud

I am in a battle of wits with people that think "urkel" is a good insult.

KY "Haha me call him Urkel I bet that will get him!"

Three little monkeys dancing away not having any idea they are doing exactly what I want them to do. 

Now you're imitating me. You're like my puppet Urkel!!  Don't change, baby!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Either way, great line.

Pud

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Either way, great line.

Pud

So...you want your puppet to imitate you.

Creepy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Either way, great line.

Pud

Wow.

Mission almost complete.  I even tell you what I am trying to do and you still do it.

Get mad. Insult me more.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Get mad Ky. Insult me more.

Call me names.

Use lots of exclamation points.

go to the internet and find photos and post them.

Get mad.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Either way, great line.

Pud

Wow.

Mission almost complete.  I even tell you what I am trying to do and you still do it.

Get mad. Insult me more.

It really is like clubbing Seals!!  You really do need to take an anger management class!!  Take it easy Urkel, i'm just pulling your chain.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Kim Jong Urkle has thrown quite the hisssssssssssssss-i-fit.

I may need to change my DependBrand adult undergarment soon.

They're sagging below  my knees.

Thanks for the laughs, my BDC friends!

Pud 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Who cares about Darko ? He lasted one game.

The real question is,  why did the Celtics not JUMP at the chance to sign Kenyon Martin ?

Kenyon Martin IS BETTER than what we have at the 5.....

I'm thrilled Shav Randolph stepped up and I'd be shocked if DOC ices him for the playoffs.....I don't think DOC has a choice than to play Randolph at least 15-20 minutes a game in the playoffs.

I also think Shav Randolph is better than Jason Collins and hope Crawford and T. Will get big minutes in the playoffs..... 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Darko, is not better than what we have at the five. Darko couldn't even stay in the league. NOOOOOO ONE wants Darko.

Not a team in the league. he was a vet min head case That doc and Danny took a look at because there was no better option. Darko did what he ALWAYS does which was be a cancer to a team. So Doc didn't play his lazy butt and he quit like the quitter he is. 

I bring this up because you act like Doc is the reason Darko failed. Darko FAILS everywhere he goes. 

What's next?  Marc Jackson is no good as a coach because he ran Kwame Brown out of town. 

Interesting.... nobody in the league wants Darko...hes a failure, a head case too and a cancer to any team. Yet DA signed him up for the Celtics.. is Danny the dumbest GM in the history of the NBA?  Must be all the other GMs are laughing their azzes off at him..

and what about Doc? Singing Darkos praises all preseason like he would be a contributor to the void in the middle... I bet all the coaches in basketball were rolling on the floor laughing...

According to you, the Celtics were just ignorant of who Darko was.

Then think about this...Darko, the player you say is not wanted by any team in the nba (except the Celtics) a guy with a bad rep (as u say) and failure (as u say)...  which by the picture you paint of him, a guy likely on his last chance to even make a practice squad for an nba team.... and whats he do???  He decides to quit his team, quit his contract, quit apparently his only shot left to be a player in the nba and go back to whereever hes from to read comic books.

I like my scenerio better..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I just think it was wilcox's night to get some extra minutes and play his way into shape a bit.

Darko was always a marginal guy and I think doc just took a little chance on him...and it didn't work out.  Such is life.  A very small deal compared to the shaq/JO fiasco.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:

I just think it was wilcox's night to get some extra minutes and play his way into shape a bit.

Darko was always a marginal guy and I think doc just took a little chance on him...and it didn't work out.  Such is life.  A very small deal compared to the shaq/JO fiasco.

I liked the Shaq deal...but unfortunately, he got injured (which was always the big risk with him)  Had he stayed healthy, I think we win another ring.

JON, dont know what to make of him other than hes producing tons more now than he did with the C's.. With the C's, he was either injured (usually) or played well 1 game out of five. Im pretty sure JON had a few negative comments or insinuations about Doc after he left Boston....