Doc, ever the brilliant thinker, ices Shavlik- nice

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Doc, ever the brilliant thinker, ices Shavlik- nice

In response to tomobo's comment:

Apparently you missed my sacasm as well. I guess only writers' are good @ it. 'Build it and he will come'. Everytime. TeeHeHe

Yeah I am not in your head.

which is why you are editing your comments.

Quick. change it again. think of something better.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Perpetual bewilderment, befuddlement and bemusement. All wrapped into the only apparently self-aware person on the planet. Chief Oily Snake. Chieftan of the Sniffing Nation. Talk about self -unawareness. TeeHeHe 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

As RallyC would say..... "This is too easy... like clubbing seals."

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Pud

I believe I was the one that wrote that, but maybe Rally too. It is entirely too easy.The Chieftan follows us like a lost puppy trying to sniff tails. But what he's really after is our cups. He's been lost since his love object went into aquatherapy; relying merely on muscle memory to get his fix. It would be adorable if it wasn't so sad...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Perpetual bewilderment, befuddlement and bemusement. All wrapped into the only apparently self-aware person on the planet. Chief Oily Snake. Chieftan of the Sniffing Nation. Talk about self -unawareness. TeeHeHe 

I cant imagine writing anything that long about you.

I gave you a few seconds before I replied to make sure you didn't need to edit anything.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Pud

I believe I was the one that wrote that, but maybe Rally too. It is entirely too easy.The Chieftan follows us like a lost puppy trying to sniff tails. But what he's really after is our cups. He's been lost since his love object went into aquatherapy; relying merely on muscle memory to get his fix. It would be adorable if it wasn't so sad...

Well my job here is done.

I turned this thread into tomobo writing paragraph after paragraph about me. "Let me write 5 posts about Snake"

Again the lack of self awareness is just gorgeous.  You write paragraphs about what you think of  my personality and  what you think about my profession, and  what you think that I  think about rondo.

Why so concerned?  I actuaIly am just pushing buttons.  Your buttons are the easiest to push on the fourm.

Don't go changin' babe.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

use emoticons, people! They're there for a reason.....

Seriously, i doubt Doc is racist. I just don't understand his coaching very well. Now here we have a guy who never got meaningful minutes anywhere, so not a star by any means, but who has shown that he can contribute to the weakest part of our game, rebounding. So my thinking would be that you play the guy as much as possible in the meaningless games until the playoffs. I don't know, maybe it will acually make us better? try playing KG and randolph together? Wooooo....scary, right?

The rebounding differrential with NY is going to be scary.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Pud

Still writing about me.

Fabulous.

As an alleged writer of some repute(if otherwise why bother) I'm sure you are familiar with the edit function. Are you not? Or are you just as unfamiliar w/ that concept as you were that some words have multiple spellings?'I never seen it written that way before'. That was precious!You may want to increase your book knowledge by more than single digits. Keep em coming. I know you will. All I have to do is post!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

I believe I was the one that wrote that, but maybe Rally too.

Rally may have "borrowed" the line from you.... or I may have misattributed it.

Either way, great line.

BTW.... can't find the brain anywhere. Found the anal plate though.

May have zhyte4brains. That's a start I guess.

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

I believe I was the one that wrote that, but maybe Rally too.

Rally may have "borrowed" the line from you.... or I may have misattributed it.

Either way, great line.

BTW.... can't find the brain anywhere. Found the anal plate though.

May have zhyte4brains. That's a start I guess.

Pud

Classic! I'm sure he does pictures well. Did you know his next book is going to be a pictorial? He'll have to take his shoes off in order to count the next book he reads.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

how does shav go from 15-20 mins a game to less than 10 vs. orlando and the big russian guy who we had no solutions for?  is shavlik hurt?  is doc's brain hurt? 

I don't think that there is anyone on this board that is more angry than you for reasons that are minor. I thought we won last night by 32 points. Shav will continue to get his chances.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevekubersky. Show stevekubersky's posts

Everyone knows Doc hates white people.

Also by definition anyone, of any race, can be racist.

LOL! Well played snake, well played. Very crafty sarcasm with a good dose of runrunandrun-style comment.

I for one, am amused by this critisism about Shavlik not being able to play enough minutes. It's not like he's the second coming of John Havlicek, or even Rick Robey. Shavlik has proven himself to be the type of player that can fill in when there is injury to the 8-man rotation, no more, no less. I know it's Sunday and all, but please don't elevate him to Celtic saint-hood.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Typical Doc who never found a good thing he couldnt mess up. Its possible Shav falls into the Darko category if this continues. His confidence and enthusiasm will dwindle and why shouldnt it? What person could perform his job well (esp in this case, i big man we need desperately to do well) and be punished for it?? 

A 32 pt win and some suggest its not a big deal he played 3 mins??  Is Doc using the Krystic rule with Shav??? One mistake and your out and treated like a rabid dog that just bit the baby??

Its pathetic that one has to almost hope Shav was injured as a legit excuse as the alternative is Doc is a poor, demotivating coach or he  just may not like white guys too

You mean Darko the great? The pernial All star Doc ruined. Surely he would be in the hall of fame if it wasn't for Doc. I mean, the fact that the guy is now out of the league, tells you, how much he was valued. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Jump-ball-overtime's comment:

how does shav go from 15-20 mins a game to less than 10 vs. orlando and the big russian guy who we had no solutions for?  is shavlik hurt?  is doc's brain hurt? 

I don't think that there is anyone on this board that is more angry than you for reasons that are minor. I thought we won last night by 32 points. Shav will continue to get his chances.

Guess ur missing the point.. Players that come to the team like Shav are usually last at the feeding troth.. When they do get opportunity and perform well on multiple occassions, a reasonable person would expect to receive at least a similar opportunity in the next game.. except under Docs random coaching philosophy..

In this case, in a game we blow up the opponent...a game guys like Shav and Crawford would expect to see extensive PT, Shav sits on the bench.. His momentum perhaps lost... and some posters here say hey, we won by 32.. thats all that matters...  Well, all I can say to that is you seriously dont know what ur talking about!!  Maybe its why guys like Darko opted to leave the most pretigious basketball league in the world and return to obscurity...  If it has to be explained to you, youe just not gonna get it anyway

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Guess ur missing the point.. Players that come to the team like Shav are usually last at the feeding troth.. When they do get opportunity and perform well on multiple occassions, a reasonable person would expect to receive at least a similar opportunity in the next game.. except under Docs random coaching philosophy..

Two questions:

1) Was Shav's last game a good one?

2) Which coach did play Shav more than Doc?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Guys, they addressed this in the broadcast... just like Shav had problems physically competing with Pekovic, Doc didn't like the matchup with Vucevic. Wilcox matches up better, so Wilcox got those minutes. He is not icing Shav ... idiots ... he is coaching smart basketball. 

A players strength is not determined in isolation, it is always a function of the match-up.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Guys, they addressed this in the broadcast... just like Shav had problems physically competing with Pekovic, Doc didn't like the matchup with Vucevic. Wilcox matches up better, so Wilcox got those minutes. He is not icing Shav ... idiots ... he is coaching smart basketball. 

A players strength is not determined in isolation, it is always a function of the match-up.

yea but not in  32 point blowout... then its not a matter of team strategy to win the game. Guess that didnt dawn on you, nitwit

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

Two questions:

1) Was Shav's last game a good one?

2) Which coach did play Shav more than Doc?

What coach played Jeremy Lin before he sparkled for the Knicks?? Please, go back to the drawing board, not a very good point

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In response to Richard1965's comment:

Doc loves his small ball.  Anybody taller than Doc must ride the pine unless your in Doc's circle of friends.  Doesn't matter if you earn time because you play well (hint: you have to bake him cookies or something)....only Doc knows.  Doc = Mystery Coach

Doc = Mystery Coach LOL!

When they lost with no offense, he is an idiot..so he plays to get some offense..wins by 30 and he is even more of an idiot..yes, Randolf is a scoring machine...and we really needed his rebounding help so we can win by 50???

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

What coach played Jeremy Lin before he sparkled for the Knicks?? Please, go back to the drawing board, not a very good point

Come on, you are embarassing yourself.
    How old is Lin and how old is Shav? And please also answer initial question 1! Did he had a good game before the last game? Or is your comment about Doc breaking is rythm just hating?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

Everyone knows Doc hates white people.

Also by definition anyone, of any race, can be racist.

Yes, Doc hates his wife, kids,  Danny, and his mentor, Pop.  All those darn white people in his life drive him crazy.  Why put up with white players on top of his personal life?

You people are amazing.

32 point win so we try many combinations, Pierce only plays 27 mins, Garnett only plays 19, Lee, Bradley, Crawford, and Bass find their shots, Wilcox gets PT and plays well, and some fans can only conclude that the coach screwed it up and dislikes white people. Amazing.   truly amazing.

Apparently you didn't pick up on my sarcasm.

Karl and Tomobo insinuating Doc is racist because he isn't playing Shav didn't deserve any more than the one sarcastic sentence that I wrote. 

Snake, you are right.  My comment should have been more squarely pointed to Karl and Acie, who both clearly hate Doc even when the team performance was great.   Sorry that I didn't catch your sarcasm and misinterpreted your comment.   I don't think I misinterpreted theirs, however.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Richard1965. Show Richard1965's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Sure it is....watch some of the match-ups Doc has come up with and see if there is some continuity between similar personnel.  Most of the time he is just shuffling players here and there in some type of Doc-centric personnel experiment.  I'm not the only one who see this so please, no insult to you and your idiot comment, but not buying it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

What brain?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Typical acie, always focusing on the negative even on a night where Celts win by 32 points.

In a game that they won by that many points Shavlic should have played a lot more.

And Doc is not a brilliant thinker. He is not a thinker at all.