Doc, grow a pair

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Doc, grow a pair

Why does Doc come to the defense of Wade??

Quoted as saying regarding the ROndo injury "I watched that part of it. It was a hard foul. Let’s put it like this. He didn’t intend to hurt Rondo"

Really Doc?? After smashing Pierce on the pick, elbowing Ray under the basket.... you now know Wades intentions?

Heck, even if you did, your job should be to pressure the refs into getting tougher with Wade and all his cheap shots... not letting him off the hook...

Frankly, I thought Wade intended to pull Rondo down with him... that was his intention imo... the fact an injury resulted is ok DOc??? Cause you didnt think Wade wanted to injure Rondo... just pull him down to the floor and OOPS, he got hurt.

Hey, how many guys didnt intend to give another a black eye by punching him in the face? ... they just wanted to punch him in the face... not necessarily give him a black eye... so it wasnt intentional..

Wade has been doing some ugly things this series and Doc... stop trying to make everyone in the NBA like you... complain about what Wade is doing and pressure the rotten refs letting him get away with it... help the Celtics, not the reputation of Wade.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Doc, grow a pair

In Response to Doc, grow a pair:
    [QUOTE]Why does Doc come to the defense of Wade?? Quoted as saying regarding the ROndo injury "I watched that part of it. It was a hard foul. Let’s put it like this. He didn’t intend to hurt Rondo" Really Doc?? After smashing Pierce on the pick, elbowing Ray under the basket.... you now know Wades intentions? Heck, even if you did, your job should be to pressure the refs into getting tougher with Wade and all his cheap shots... not letting him off the hook... Frankly, I thought Wade intended to pull Rondo down with him... that was his intention imo... the fact an injury resulted is ok DOc??? Cause you didnt think Wade wanted to injure Rondo... just pull him down to the floor and OOPS, he got hurt. Hey, how many guys didnt intend to give another a black eye by punching him in the face? ... they just wanted to punch him in the face... not necessarily give him a black eye... so it wasnt intentional.. Wade has been doing some ugly things this series and Doc... stop trying to make everyone in the NBA like you... complain about what Wade is doing and pressure the rotten refs letting him get away with it... help the Celtics, not the reputation of Wade.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Wade intended to pull Rondo down with him, no question. It looked like a wrestling move with legs tangled up with your opponent.

I don't think he anticipated that Rondo would be injured... and he did have his back to Rondo.

Still totally classless.

Must be PED rage of some sort... since we all know, thanks to concord's insightful thread, that DWade is on the juice.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

This is a player thing. They know who's got to be got.

Doc has said the right things. Now he's got to use those 12 fouls that Murphy and Kristic have in the quiver.

A coach can't call for it. It's definitely a no no.

When I coached I'd call my bruiser and have him sit next to me on the bench. As the game went on, I'd complain about how dirty the other team was and that we were getting killed... etc. Then, as the rage built, I'd turn to the bruiser and say, "If I put you in, you won't take any of that crap... will you?" In he'd go and bodies would hit the deck.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Hahaha nice Johnny,

I was once one of those  brusiers on the court.

Doc needs to insert someone to FLATTEN Wade. Are Krstic or Murphy up to the task?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Im not thinking about retaliation... although I wouldnt be upset if it happened..

Im thinkin DOc... why arent u makin a bigger deal out of this?? Wade may not be trying to hurt players... but his actions will hurt players...  like ROndo got hurt.

Doc at the least should be complaining to the refs about it and to the NBA..... not letting Wade off the hook... We need every edge we can get and DOc is giving it away..   Sometimes the refs get directives  like...keep an eye on Wade and his rough play..

Next thing Doc is gonna say it wasnt even a foul...

Docs got this thing about being liked imo ... he just wont say what he should... Wade has made numerous bad/dirty plays... even  mild mannered Ray Allen is fuming and thats rare...  but theres DOc being Wades best friend... 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I'd make sure Baby, or JON, or Shaq, didn't intend to Hurt Wade, when one of them accidentally puts him up in the 6 row!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

I don't think Wade intended to hurt Rondo but it was a dirty play.  The bigger issue is that Wade did a very similar thing to Ray, he pulled him down as Ray went up to get a rebound.  It is a bad pattern and I hope Wade now understands that pulling some one down could be very proned to bad injury.  If it happens again, there should be fragrant 1 or 2 call against him.  Purposely pulling down someone hard and get them off balanced is dangerous,  I hope the league should watch out for such purposeful act.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

To paraphrase Bill Russell:

Our guys do not need to hurt Wade every time he goes to the basket, we only need to make him think that they will.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Doc, grow a pair:
    [QUOTE]Doc is not the whiner type like Phil Jackson. The only reason Doc is not making a big deal out of this is so that the refs will not be watching out for a Celtic retaliation. Then BOOM! Wade didn't know what hit him. And the refs didn't see it coming. If you're really going to assasinate someone would you really tell everyone in advance about what you're going to do? Come on, Karllost, you really think the Celts will let this one go? Like I said, BOOM!!!  
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

exactly.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]Doc is not the whiner type like Phil Jackson. The only reason Doc is not making a big deal out of this is so that the refs will not be watching out for a Celtic retaliation. Then BOOM! Wade didn't know what hit him. And the refs didn't see it coming. If you're really going to assasinate someone would you really tell everyone in advance about what you're going to do? Come on, Karllost, you really think the Celts will let this one go? Like I said, BOOM!!!  
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I agree with you too Fiercest.  I think Doc's words were more for public relations than anything else.  In addition to the refs factor, we really don't want any bulletin board material for the Heat.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Well I think that first of all, Wade did not mean it cause a serious injury, he was losing his balance and was going to take Rondo with him to the floor. So I don't doubt that Doc means what he says.

But Wade has been petty chippy through out. He meant to take Rondo with him to the floor, he tried the same thing with Pierce at one point in the game but Pierce's size and momentum left Wade just pulling on Paul's game jersey and losing his grip on it as he fell. He means to pop and bruise out there but not dislocate elbows.

Now the C's can't play to retaliate, they need to play to rotate on defense and find the open man on offense. Those need to be the goals on Monday, not retaliating against DWade.

Now OTOH if he has his head down and someone can line him up for a hard pick or when he tries to take a charge hit him really hard that not only serves the pay back, it puts his head on a bit of a swivel and that is not all bad.

But whining about the play in the media does nothing for anyone and only makes the Heat think their chippy play is getting in the C's heads Doc can't afford to be a fan right now, he needs to keep his eye on the prize.

Also whining in the media often has worked for Phil Jackson but that is Phil and it does cost him $35K at a crack and it works so well because he has cred that no other active or living NBA coach has. Just as well Doc saved his money, nobody is going to be calling charging on LeMe or DWade.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Again, hard to understand what some of you are reading..

I really dont care about retaliation... I care more that the refs zero in on Wade...

For that to get a boost, Doc should be calling for Wades head with the NBA & media...  how hes getting away with dirty play and now hurting people with it ....instead of covering Wades back for him..

and ur right, Phil would be screaming bloody murder over it and ya know what... he'd get results from it too, like he usually does.

Im more interested in winning this series than retaliation

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Winning is the goal, and the Celtics need to get into Wade's head if they can.

If he is concerned every time he drives to the hoop, guess what, he drives to the hoop less.

Retaliation?  No. Fear of retaliation? Yes.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Doc made a stupid mistake and let it slip according to espn. they said that he said he had to calm KG down from retaliating on wade on the next play. KG was ready to take wade out for good, but Doc calmed him down. fine.

but why let this slip?!?!?!?!

not sure if it will make a difference if something does happen, but it doesn't help our cause.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Because Doc whated to get into Wades head. He wants Wade to thing KG will take him out every time he goes to the basket.

...smart not stupid.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

Remember this isn't hockey. I'm a hockey fan don't get me wrong, it's just part of hockey but not part of basketball. Unfortunately it has always been part of baseball and it's getting worse. The whole macho retaliation thing.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

[QUOTE]Because Doc whated to get into Wades head. He wants Wade to thing KG will take him out every time he goes to the basket. ...smart not stupid.
    Posted by MinnesotaCelticsFan[/QUOTE]

i see your point, but this brings spotlight right on our guys. and if we do anything semi-hard foul, u look at suspension or ejections. 

i would prefer he take Belichick approach and say nothing and wait for the equivalent of a Meriweather helmet shot from one of the Celtics, preferable krstic who threw a chair in international play. hes got to be good for something

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

B TOWN,

Winning is the goal, and the Celtics need to get into Wade's head if they can.

If he is concerned every time he drives to the hoop, guess what, he drives to the hoop less.

Retaliation?  No. Fear of retaliation? Yes.

Doc is doing it the best way.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I doubt Wades game is gonna change cause he thinks someone is going to retaliate.

I want him to fear his next foul cause the refs should be watching him much more closely and already have an ear full   of complaints for letting Wade get away with his cheap fouls and now injuring a player

IT doesnt matter what Docs style has been.. whayt matters is hes out there advocating for his team and players... letting Wade off the hoolk saying he didnt intend to hurt Rondo was a weak move imo. He should have at least implied the opposite so Wade would be on front street the rest of the series.