Doc has to play Rondo at the end of close games!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Doc has to play Rondo at the end of close games!

He needs to get him ready for close games in the playoffs. He shouldn't trust a bi polar injured player who has never made a big shot in the playoffs.

This team isn't winning anything without Rondo,and hes coaching for the playoffs and not 1 regular season game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Doc has to play Rondo at the end of close games!

In Response to Doc has to play Rondo at the end of close games!:
    [QUOTE]He needs to get him ready for close games in the playoffs. He shouldn't trust a bi polar injured player who has never made a big shot in the playoffs.  This team isn't winning anything without Rondo,and hes coaching for the playoffs and not 1 regular season game.
    Posted by notrade[/QUOTE]

I cant recall specifics but I think DWest was the ost relied upon player with the Cavs next to Lebron.

And if your topic is getting ROndo ready to take big shots at the end of close games, you lost me.

Of our starting 5 ROndo is the last one you want taking a shot unless its a wide open layup...and even then hes liable to throw it to KG near the 3 pt line.
    '

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

My point is you don't want either 1 of them taking the big shot,so you want the best player on the court in that case.
    Rondo has made alot of big shots in the playoffs,while West rode Lebron or his mom lol.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Doc has to play Rondo at the end of close games!:
    [QUOTE]My point is you don't want either 1 of them taking the big shot,so you want the best player on the court in that case. Rondo has made alot of big shots in the playoffs,while West rode Lebron or his mom lol.

I don't even recall Rondo ever taking a big playoff shot much less making one.

You might want to refresh my memory.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

He hit a big baseline jumper as a rookie against the Pistons. He hit a big jumper against Orlando last year in game 2 to put them up 3.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I guess you want to make your point but gearing up ROndo as our end of game clutch shooter is not how championships are won imo.

Even if ROndo was the early season Rondo, Id still entertain having DW close some games out.  He can shoot, plays good fundamental defense and can make FTs when we need them. Rondo is none of the above.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

delonte is far and away the better player to close out games, solid FT% and outside shooting and he did hit some key shots for CLE

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]He hit a big baseline jumper as a rookie against the Pistons. He hit a big jumper against Orlando last year in game 2 to put them up 3.

Rookie season, Rondo was not in the playoffs against the Pistons. The C's won 24 games or somesuch that year. WRONG!

Last year against the Magic in game two... who knows what he did. Probably not much. You seem to remember something but who knows.

In his career Rondo has participated in exactly 64 NBA playoff games... and you are telling me that he had a "lot of big shots" but you can cite maybe....  one?

Why am I not surprised?

Pud

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]My point is you don't want either 1 of them taking the big shot,so you want the best player on the court in that case. Rondo has made alot of big shots in the playoffs,while West rode Lebron or his mom lol.

Don't you want the open man who can shoot to take shots?   If that's West, then so be it.  Being bi-polar has nothing at all to do with it so stop the name calling and understand its a sickness.  he's overcoming it and one heck of a ball player.  So, even if you don't like him, I like him at the end of games because he can defend, he can shoot, and he can hit a free throw.  

Get on board, my man, and pull for ANYONE on the Celtics who can help us win!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

West offers great hope for the Celtics. It remains to be seen if he will deliver.  I for one think he will.  The Celtics need to think outside the box for a change.  When we are struggling this is time to say what others can do for the team.  Rondo on the second unit might be great for a while. Let Delonte play with the big three and see how they play.  Davis, Delonte, Krystic and Green are guys that could change the dynamics of this team and win a championship. Now is the time to find out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

With 14 games left, Doc is unlikely to seriously toy with the starting lineup, except for Shaq.

Rondo might melt down if he was sent to the 2nd unit even for just a few games. Much easier to let the starters remain as is, then substitute early.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]He needs to get him ready for close games in the playoffs. He shouldn't trust a bi polar injured player who has never made a big shot in the playoffs.  This team isn't winning anything without Rondo,and hes coaching for the playoffs and not 1 regular season game.

He needs to be ready in the playoffs in tight games - you mean so that he can continue to miss shots, not get to the line, pound the ball into the floor, kill the shot clock, etc.

If nothing else Rondo has proven that he cannot run the offense in tight games because he is not an option.

Fred Flintstone said last night that Doc should let West finish the game but it would cause Rondo to drop a deuce in his diaper if he did not let Rondo finish the game and Rondo came in and allowed the game to get close.

Why is it that after 5 years we are all not watching the same thing?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]West offers great hope for the Celtics. It remains to be seen if he will deliver.  I for one think he will.  The Celtics need to think outside the box for a change.  When we are struggling this is time to say what others can do for the team.  Rondo on the second unit might be great for a while. Let Delonte play with the big three and see how they play.  Davis, Delonte, Krystic and Green are guys that could change the dynamics of this team and win a championship. Now is the time to find out.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I am sure that management is watching DWest with great interest to see if he can lead this team, now and in the foreseeable future.

If he can, that might make available an entirely different bargaining chip to aid in the rebuilding process.

I really enjoy watching him play... and the way the team responds to his energy, discipline and savy.

Of course I liked him last time around too.

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Doc has to play Rondo at the end of close games! : He needs to be ready in the playoffs in tight games - you mean so that he can continue to miss shots, not get to the line, pound the ball into the floor, kill the shot clock, etc. If nothing else Rondo has proven that he cannot run the offense in tight games because he is not an option. Fred Flintstone said last night that Doc should let West finish the game but it would cause Rondo to drop a deuce in his diaper if he did not let Rondo finish the game and Rondo came in and allowed the game to get close. Why is it that after 5 years we are all not watching the same thing?
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

I was disappointed that TommyH agreed with the substitution.

Might cause morale problems if West was left in???

Like losing doesn't cause morale problems too.

Pud

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doc has to play Rondo at the end of close games! : Rookie season, Rondo was not in the playoffs against the Pistons. The C's won 24 games or somesuch that year. WRONG! Last year against the Magic in game two... who knows what he did. Probably not much. You seem to remember something but who knows. In his career Rondo has participated in exactly 64 NBA playoff games... and you are telling me that he had a "lot of big shots" but you can cite maybe....  one ? Why am I not surprised? Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

What he also doesn't remember is silly little things like Jameer Nelson coming out on the first two possessions of overtime is making consecutive 3s over Rondo to set the tone for overtime.

Rondo is a bit player on a team loaded with talent and fits in, does not run the team, and certainly does not make them better.  They were all going into the hall of fame when he was a junior in high school.

There were any number of posters the other day saying that West had no chance of running the team, etc.  And I said that I don't think they are any worse off with West running the team.

People will hold on until the last inch of rope slips through their fingers but the firm believers somehow believe that having a more complete player is a bad thing.

Hey Pud enlighten me here...... why on earth would NBADRAFT.net have Washington drafting Kyrie Irving when the drafted Wall last year?  Is it simply aligning whomever they feel are the best players with the draft position, in other words who cares what the team needs they just have them in a mock draft taking the best player available?

I think I would stay with Wall and trade down and add an elite player at the wing position.  One has to think with Wall, McGee, Blatche, and an elite wing that Washington would start to make some noise over the next few years.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Rondo needs to be in at the end of close games, but not neccasarily to shoot the ball. its bc of his heart at the end of games. ppl forget the o rebounds and tip ins against the cavs, the steal and two big layups against the lakers, the shot that made it a 3 pt game against the magic, the jumpshot that closed game 2 against the lakers, etc. when you ask what "big shots" he has made, if you look more at the whole body instead of just jumpshots, you will see that he was more than important at the end of games last playoffs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE] Rondo needs to be in at the end of close games, but not neccasarily to shoot the ball. its bc of his heart at the end of games. ppl forget the o rebounds and tip ins against the cavs, the steal and two big layups against the lakers, the shot that made it a 3 pt game against the magic, the jumpshot that closed game 2 against the lakers, etc. when you ask what "big shots" he has made, if you look more at the whole body instead of just jumpshots, you will see that he was more than important at the end of games last playoffs.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

When you have your thumb in your mouth and a double layer of desitin in your diaper and a towel over your head heart is something that you may have heard of but something that is certainly not something that anyone would assign to him.

Can we stop with the game two against the Lakers?  Have you ever heard of situations like "let Howard get his 30 points and 18 rebounds but we are not going to let Lewis, etc. beat us?"   That applies to Rondo.

The Lakers picked and chose who they would let them beat them and occasionally at their whim and will Rondo was one of the guys.

With a healthy Bynum (as he is now) there was no game 6 or 7.

If your coach says let this guy do whatever he wants but so and so will not beat us and then that guy goes off, somehow some those who cannot recognize it think that it was some sort of great performance - no, it was allowed to happen........  that is why Ray was never a factor again.

You are like the rest that close their eyes to the idea that Rondo was generally ignored by the Lakers and was a complete non-factor for most of the series.

Those are the same that love to wax poetic about how if Perk were there for game 7 the Cs would have hoisted another flag - the same the could not understand that if Bynum were healthy, the Lakers would have finished it off a lot sooner and the same fans / posters that love to say that it was the Lakers length / size that got them the title....

The 800 pound gorilla in the room was the point guard that could not even make routine jumpers and get to the rim and make something other than a record breaking 26% from the line.  The Lakers won 3 of the first 6 games with a center who was at 30% at best after dominating game 1 and the idea that the point guard (the real problem) could be a problem is just incomprehensible. 

So Kobe doubling off Rondo and sagging into the paint and putting incredible pressure on the Cs offense because neither he nor Perk could participate in the half court was not an issue.

When the finals were over I do not remember Doc saying "well Bynum at 30% percent and Gasol were the real reason we lost".. what I do remember is Doc saying "Rondo's inability to shoot really hurt us in the finals".....  imagine someone just making a few uncontested gifts here and there?  they scored 79 points in game 7 but it is ok for Rondo to pound the ball into the floor until he assures himself an assist then hide in the corner and not participate in the offense and then blame it on the Lakers size...... lmao

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doc has to play Rondo at the end of close games! : Don't you want the open man who can shoot to take shots?   If that's West, then so be it.  Being bi-polar has nothing at all to do with it so stop the name calling and understand its a sickness.  he's overcoming it and one heck of a ball player.  So, even if you don't like him, I like him at the end of games because he can defend, he can shoot, and he can hit a free throw.   Get on board, my man, and pull for ANYONE on the Celtics who can help us win!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

single best post I've seen for quite a while....no disrespect meant to all the posters here...go Celts!! it is a team....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doc has to play Rondo at the end of close games! : When you have your thumb in your mouth and a double layer of desitin in your diaper and a towel over your head heart is something that you may have heard of but something that is certainly not something that anyone would assign to him. Can we stop with the game two against the Lakers?  Have you ever heard of situations like "let Howard get his 30 points and 18 rebounds but we are not going to let Lewis, etc. beat us?"   That applies to Rondo. The Lakers picked and chose who they would let them beat them and occasionally at their whim and will Rondo was one of the guys. With a healthy Bynum (as he is now) there was no game 6 or 7. If your coach says let this guy do whatever he wants but so and so will not beat us and then that guy goes off, somehow some those who cannot recognize it think that it was some sort of great performance - no, it was allowed to happen........  that is why Ray was never a factor again. You are like the rest that close their eyes to the idea that Rondo was generally ignored by the Lakers and was a complete non-factor for most of the series. Those are the same that love to wax poetic about how if Perk were there for game 7 the Cs would have hoisted another flag - the same the could not understand that if Bynum were healthy, the Lakers would have finished it off a lot sooner and the same fans / posters that love to say that it was the Lakers length / size that got them the title.... The 800 pound gorilla in the room was the point guard that could not even make routine jumpers and get to the rim and make something other than a record breaking 26% from the line.  The Lakers won 3 of the first 6 games with a center who was at 30% at best after dominating game 1 and the idea that the point guard (the real problem) could be a problem is just incomprehensible.  So Kobe doubling off Rondo and sagging into the paint and putting incredible pressure on the Cs offense because neither he nor Perk could participate in the half court was not an issue. When the finals were over I do not remember Doc saying "well Bynum at 30% percent and Gasol were the real reason we lost".. what I do remember is Doc saying "Rondo's inability to shoot really hurt us in the finals".....  imagine someone just making a few uncontested gifts here and there?  they scored 79 points in game 7 but it is ok for Rondo to pound the ball into the floor until he assures himself an assist then hide in the corner and not participate in the offense and then blame it on the Lakers size...... lmao
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

umm..not sure wat that had to do with this discussion, you really just vented on something random. we were discussing who should be in the game at the end, not the reason why the lakers won the title last yr. if youd like to join OUR discussion, be my guest.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Let's not use mental health as an debating point when discussing why Rondo needs to be in at the end of close games, ok?
    We're not privy to what's going on in his head, but Rondo's actions on the court of late show someone who's head is clearly not in the game as much as it should be.
    When West is in, he's focused on the game, and that says a lot to me.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

and the only reason why you want to "stop with the game 2 against the lakers" is bc it hurts your argument, you actually have to admit that he HAS hit big shots at the end of games. hes made big plays period. sorry dud. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

You have to take in effect bi polar disorder,because he could stop taking his medicne at anyitme and have a relaspe.
    The Raiders know about this,because of losing their center for the superbowl against the Buccaneers.
     I have first hand experience being around a person with bi polar disorder ,and you can't put alot of trust in them.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]You have to take in effect bi polar disorder,because he could stop taking his medicne at anyitme and have a relaspe. The Raiders know about this,because of losing their center for the superbowl against the Buccaneers.  I have first hand experience being around a person with bi polar disorder ,and you can't put alot of trust in them.

DWest's intervention seems to be working. He's putting his life back together.

I await Rondo's intervention. Should be very interesting.

Pud

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Doc has been playing Rondo for years at the end of close games.

But lets face it, one reason Perk usually was taken out was cause hes a liability on the line. Was too easy for opponent to score, then foul Perk figuring he misses 1 or both...  Well, its no different with Rondo... in fact its worse cause Perk usually didnt handle the ball, Rondo does.

Now, if we want to keep the ball out of ROndos hands, then why is he in the game?

Playing DW gives us a perimeter threat that cant be ignored or sagged off of..it also gives us a good FT shooter... there wont be a hack-a-West strategy for opponents to get back in the game.

Dont see why all the fuss... it makes alot of sense ..

No different when Rondo starts...when hes playing his game, hes a good distributor, can drive and run the break... he should be the starter and log the most minutes... but lets not fool ourselves about his abilities or limitations

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Doc has been playing Rondo for years at the end of close games. But lets face it, one reason Perk usually was taken out was cause hes a liability on the line. Was too easy for opponent to score, then foul Perk figuring he misses 1 or both...  Well, its no different with Rondo... in fact its worse cause Perk usually didnt handle the ball, Rondo does. Now, if we want to keep the ball out of ROndos hands, then why is he in the game? Playing DW gives us a perimeter threat that cant be ignored or sagged off of..it also gives us a good FT shooter... there wont be a hack-a-West strategy for opponents to get back in the game. Dont see why all the fuss... it makes alot of sense .. No different when Rondo starts...when hes playing his game, hes a good distributor, can drive and run the break... he should be the starter and log the most minutes... but lets not fool ourselves about his abilities or limitations
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

What you have posited is the fundamental issue.... the posters here think that what most of us see simply does not happen....  the idea that Rondo is something other than a gigantic liabitlity is something that what some intelligent people see simply doees not exist....

when nobody guards Rondo it is because of the Lakers length....

when nobody guards Rondo it is because you have to double one of the BIG 3

when nobody guards Rondo well.... nobody needs to...

So it makes it harder for everyone else to score and you end up scoring 79 in game 7, you score 79 the last time you played the Bulls, you score less than 90 on a regular basis.....

Rondo cannot be on the floor in the half court set in the playoffs....

Most would just love to ignore the "the playoffs are all about managing the half court offense"....  Rondo has proved over and over again that he cannot.

We love to wax poetic about Rondo being a great passer but most of it comes in the fast break scenarios... but there are almost none of those in the playoffs...... when Rondo had a great series against Rose, I think Rose was a Rookie, now he is the MVP and Rondo is no better than he was 3 years ago. 

Rose has become a good free throw shooter, a good jump shooter, a good 3 point shooter, Rondo has become a good p oo  p oo pants baby that has not improved since he came into the league but of course if you believe what he has said he did not need to improve, according to his SI interview he was already the best point guard in the league.........

NBADRAFT.net has Washington taking Kyrie Irving second in the draft but it seems odd that with taking Wall last year that they would take Irving... but that adds just another point guard that is better than Rondo in the eastern conference....

Of course this relates directly back to when I was challenged by some posters here that challenged me to name just one other point guard that could possibly be better than Delonte West.... at the time the point guardsd were Jason Kidd, Steph Marbury, TJ Ford, and Allen Iverrson....... you are the same people that would love to find a point guard that is better than Rondo...... well in the long run....... D Williams, Chris Paul if he comes to the eastern conference, Rose, Wall, and of course Irving if he gets drafted into the eastern conference....

Sections
Shortcuts