Doc is a hypocrite

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Doc is a hypocrite

Last year Doc called out Ray Allen for leaving.  He said I told him not to do it and then went on to say Ray had made a big mistake being disloyal.

Who would have ever thought after signing a five year mega deal for 35 million he would leave the team in the same way.   Actually at least Ray was a free agent, Doc was under contract.  It will be interesting to see his explanation.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

Re: Doc is a hypocrite

They are 2 absolute different situations

I dont remember playing the clippers and getting elimanated 2 straight years, including a game 7 a couple monthes before Ray left

I personally still think its disloyal of Ray to do what he did, but its business and he is gonna get himself another ring

On Docs part, i honestly think what hes doing shows complete loyalty. Doc wants to play with the guys who brought the city of Boston a championship, Paul Pierce and KG. What probally went on is he told Danny to bring them back, give them one more shot with a healthy Rondo with some key additions, and Danny told him its over.

You wanna talk about DISLOYALTY, can you imagine in any world the lakers waiving Kobe Bryant? Can you imagine the Mavs waiving Dirk? Same for Duncan? Ask yourself that and the answer is no everytime. You dont do that to legends of a franchise.

Danny brought this on the team with all his crappy moves right after we won the title, giving away all our talent! With proper management we have 2 at least 3 Championships in the big 3 era.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to allen2034's comment:

I dont remember playing the clippers and getting elimanated 2 straight years, including a game 7 a couple monthes before Ray left

I personally still think its disloyal of Ray to do what he did, but its business and he is gonna get himself another ring

On Docs part, i honestly think what hes doing shows complete loyalty. Doc wants to play with the guys who brought the city of Boston a championship, Paul Pierce and KG. What probally went on is he told Danny to bring them back, give them one more shot with a healthy Rondo with some key additions, and Danny told him its over.

You wanna talk about DISLOYALTY, can you imagine in any world the lakers waiving Kobe Bryant? Can you imagine the Mavs waiving Dirk? Same for Duncan? Ask yourself that and the answer is no everytime. You dont do that to legends of a franchise.

Danny brought this on the team with all his crappy moves right after we won the title, giving away all our talent! With proper management we have 2 at least 3 Championships in the big 3 era.

I agree with you about Danny's moves leading to to little success the last three years. The part we will have to see is if Ainge was unwilling to bring back the team he wanted to coach. That doesn't sound right to me. Doc I think angled to leave and did in a way that may have been disloyal and hypocritical.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Ray was a free agent, he was free to choose where he wanted to go.  Doc is under contract and still have 3 year left on a 5 year and basically highest paid coach in the league.  Anyone with a little bit of common sense should have known that the rebuilding was coming, Danny has very little to do with anything here.  Arguably, colluding and scheming to get players for his future greener pasture against his current team while still on the payroll is quite distasteful.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bahstunguy. Show bahstunguy's posts

In response to allen2034's comment:

Good Post. Spot On allen2034 !

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

No Doc is a tool and we should use him as such,to our advantage.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

No Al if we had better coaching we would've had 2 or3 banners.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I would love to get Mark Jackson from the Warriors.  At $2M per year he developed, gelled and coached a young team to their highest potential.  A much better coach than Doc who has no patience to develop young guys, no confidence to play them and needs superstars to be successful at $7M per year.

I for one will be glad to see Doc go.   He's predictable, played out and done.  We need new blood.  He's not a horrible coach but not a great coach by any stretch of the imagination.  

Awesome if we can get a pick or two for someone we'll be better off without.    

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Last year Doc called out Ray Allen for leaving.  He said I told him not to do it and then went on to say Ray had made a big mistake being disloyal.

Who would have ever thought after signing a five year mega deal for 35 million he would leave the team in the same way.   Actually at least Ray was a free agent, Doc was under contract.  It will be interesting to see his explanation.

I don't give a ratt's beehind about doc's explanation. He has a great gift of gab and no doubt believes that he can talk a snake right out of its skin... and he can more often than not. But talk is cheap. Actions are what count and doc definitely disappointed.

Its always a shock when our heroes fall off  their high pedestals. 

We never see it coming. But whatcha gonna do next time?

Find a new set of heroes, keep your eyes open and don't let them get so close to you. OUCH!!!

I still haven't gotten over KG being such a dirty-azz player... and likely never will.

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Clearly there has been a huge transition in the thinking of the Celtics brain trust.  We had heard that Millsap was the #1 option.  And now we are in a full rebuild mode.  That means more moves.  That means that Fab Melo will see a lot of action even if it means losing games.  It means dipping deep into the lottery.

Ray's situation was different and he made a very good call for himself.  There was a perception that the Celts had reloaded to challenge Miami.  Ray chose not to be a part of it.

I can undertand Doc not wanting to be a part of the Fab Melo development plan.  He has built himself to a level where this is below where he is.  So I don't have issues with him wanting to leave.

Unlike Ray, Doc's departure will net the Celtics some return.  There could be two sublime players in the 2014 draft.  The Celts will be looking to tank the season.  Surely, they can't ask to over see that and we can't hold this against him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

With AB,J Green,RondoBass,,Sully,Lee, Crawford and the three Chinamen w/wo PP  we still are making the playoffs retooling yes rebuild no.DA has taken his commitment to Doc,KG,PP above and beyond what any other organization would have. Utah, Sacramento, LAL Orl and Phoenix are teams that have cornered themselves into total rebuilds. Has DA made the right move every time? NO nobody does. Has kept this core in top tier contender 2-3 yrs after the original " window of oppurtunity closed? yes.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

I would love to get Mark Jackson from the Warriors.  At $2M per year he developed, gelled and coached a young team to their highest potential.  A much better coach than Doc who has no patience to develop young guys, no confidence to play them and needs superstars to be successful at $7M per year.

I for one will be glad to see Doc go.   He's predictable, played out and done.  We need new blood.  He's not a horrible coach but not a great coach by any stretch of the imagination.  

Awesome if we can get a pick or two for someone we'll be better off without.    

Agree completely with your grading of Doc. Its one of those guys that make you wonder "what has he done to deserve all the credit?". He's a good manager of vet players and a nice chap, but thats about it.

And I don't think RA was disloyal, he was completely in his right to leave and he made the right move. As for Doc, why sign this 5-year contract???

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

With AB,J Green,RondoBass,,Sully,Lee, Crawford and the three Chinamen w/wo PP  we still are making the playoffs retooling yes rebuild no.DA has taken his commitment to Doc,KG,PP above and beyond what any other organization would have. Utah, Sacramento, LAL Orl and Phoenix are teams that have cornered themselves into total rebuilds. Has DA made the right move every time? NO nobody does. Has kept this core in top tier contender 2-3 yrs after the original " window of oppurtunity closed? yes.

If it was a retooling, there is no way that Doc was leaving.  And why retool when you should be rebuilding.  The Spurs became a dynasty because David Robinson was injured one year and they ended up winning the lottery to draft Tim Duncan.

The way I see it, there will be many moves in the pre-season and at the trade deadline.  Rondo's return will be delayed.  I don't see DJ with the Celts for long  (Will OKC trade Perk and picks for him?).  Paul Pierce is likely gone.  The new coach will be asked to develop young guys.

Next year, with a high draft pick, full speed Rondo and Sullinger, Green with another year, some developed players, one can talk of retooling.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

If it was a retooling, there is no way that Doc was leaving.  And why retool when you should be rebuilding.  The Spurs became a dynasty because David Robinson was injured one year and they ended up winning the lottery to draft Tim Duncan.

The way I see it, there will be many moves in the pre-season and at the trade deadline.  Rondo's return will be delayed.  I don't see DJ with the Celts for long  (Will OKC trade Perk and picks for him?).  Paul Pierce is likely gone.  The new coach will be asked to develop young guys.

Next year, with a high draft pick, full speed Rondo and Sullinger, Green with another year, some developed players, one can talk of retooling.

We will be in the lottery with the above mentioned team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

I don't give a ratt's beehind about doc's explanation. He has a great gift of gab and no doubt believes that he can talk a snake right out of its skin... and he can more often than not. But talk is cheap. Actions are what count and doc definitely disappointed.

Find a new set of heroes, keep your eyes open and don't let them get so close to you. OUCH!!!

I still haven't gotten over KG being such a dirty-azz player... and likely never will.

Pud

You need to stop taking basketball so seriously.

I judge players and coaches by what happens on the court..  They are not my heroes and there is no sense of dissapointment when one goes on to take another job with another franchise.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

DEVELOP players in the D league not in the league that is supposed to be showcasing the best basketball players in the world. Paying  $200 a seat to see massive turnovers, air balls and plenty of "my bads" is not my idea of NBA Professional basketball. It's a shame that it has come to this but The NBA has created this dilemma with their greed and lack of concern for the product on the floor(not the cheerleaders, obnoxious PA announcers and the halftime schtick) and as usual, the fans just accept it. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Pud

You need to stop taking basketball so seriously.

I judge players and coaches by what happens on the court..  They are not my heroes and there is no sense of dissapointment when one goes on to take another job with another franchise.

I'd suspect youre in the minority... My feeling is most Celtic fans would be very disappointed if Larry Bird switched teams ..... tell me the fans in Cleveland felt no dissappointment when Lebron left.

As fans and in the spirit of sports, it would be very disappointing.. However, its not going to affect my life or dinner for that matter, if thats what you mean. As a fan, how did you feel when Boggs left for the Yankees?

Sections
Shortcuts