Doc is bluffing, just trying to motivate.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Doc is bluffing, just trying to motivate.

After thinking about Doc's comments after the game Sunday, you have to consider who of the deadbeats he wants to get rid of is any other team going to want. The answer probably no one. Ainge made a statement today it will be hard to make changes. Would you want Bass, Terry, and Green and give up something of value?

Ainge screwed up in re-tooling the team. A big man was a necessity to not have brought one in is a disgrace.  Motivating the team, Doc is stuck with was all he had in mind.  Trading players like Sully and Bradley won't bring enough back either.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Doc is bluffing, just trying to motivate.

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to concord27's comment:

After thinking about Doc's comments after the game Sunday, you have to consider who of the deadbeats he wants to get rid of is any other team going to want. The answer probably no one. Ainge made a statement today it will be hard to make changes. Would you want Bass, Terry, and Green and give up something of value?

Ainge screwed up in re-tooling the team. A big man was a necessity to not have brought one in is a disgrace.  Motivating the team, Doc is stuck with was all he had in mind.  Trading players like Sully and Bradley won't bring enough back either.

If that's the case then I hope you're ready for some mediocrity. 

Sadly I am.  Please tell me I am wrong.  Why would anyone want our highly paid player who are not producing?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Mediocrity is pretty much what we have been all year.  Is this a different type?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

Mediocrity is pretty much what we have been all year.  Is this a different type?

I think it means more of the same.  20-20 is pretty middle of the road.  I am disappointed though, I keep remembering after game 5 of the Miami series.  I was pretty excited.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I agree with you pretty much.  I wonder what DA's  thoughts were when he read about Doc's outburst.  If Doc wants to light a match, make the changes with what we have now.  Put sully in the starter position,  bring PP off the bench,  Barbosa first guard off the bench.  I am beginning to wonder about Doc with international players as well.  Seems none of them can play for Doc for some reason.   Most end of leaving.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I agree with you pretty much.  I wonder what DA's  thoughts were when he read about Doc's outburst.  If Doc wants to light a match, make the changes with what we have now.  Put sully in the starter position,  bring PP off the bench,  Barbosa first guard off the bench.  I am beginning to wonder about Doc with international players as well.  Seems none of them can play for Doc for some reason.   Most end of leaving.

I like your ideas.  I am pretty discouraged.  We just don't know all Doc is dealing with so we can't be sure.  Whatever is done get Bass back on the bench.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Yup!

This Celtics team right now is still a playoff team.

Next season's team will be a lot worse because it would only be fighting for the 8th seed at best.

To me I don't worry about next year right now.  Sully will be better,  Melo could come up to the big boy show.  Minor tweaks here and there and I don't think we are doomed next year.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Yup!

Next season's team will be a lot worse because it would only be fighting for the 8th seed at best.

To me I don't worry about next year right now.  Sully will be better,  Melo could come up to the big boy show.  Minor tweaks here and there and I don't think we are doomed next year.

We are doomed next year because KG will still be starter.

Well we just have to work around that as well.  I would love PP and KG to come off the bench, and also finish the games.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Yup!

We are doomed next year because KG will still be starter.

Well we just have to work around that as well.  I would love PP and KG to come off the bench, and also finish the games.

KG and PP coming off the bench when Doc is coach?

HAHAHA

I know.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Doc needs to start Sullinger, if he is not bluffing.

I agree.  I don't care about the so call "showcasing" of players.  These guys are veterans, been around a while,  everyone has a scouting report on the 3 pages long.  Other teams know what they can do in a C uniform and also what they can do in other uniforms.  What they can do in other unis has a lot more value that what they are doing here.  Actually playing them more minutes may hurt their trade value more than it helps.

Sully definitely does not fit in the descriptions of flaws that Doc gave the other day.  Sully has been the biggest bright spot we have.  Lee is just beginning to do what he was hired for.  Those two guys hustle each and every minutes.  AB also fits that bill.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Hopefully Sully will be starting as early tonight, against the Cavs.

Start Lee as well, until Bradley is fully recovered.

I would start Green at the two, but Doc will never do that.

Lee has been playing very well.  Why start someone at a position they don't play when you have someone that has been playing well and don't start him?  What kind of message does that send?  For all the Green supporters that have wanted it to take PP place and other positions as well,  just what has he done that he should be rewarded?  Give Green those end of clock shots that PP gets most every game and see what his shooting percentage plummets to.  I would come closer to putting him at 4 than anywhere.

I read somewhere this morning how well the lineup of KG, JG, PP, Rondo, and I think Lee played against the Pistons in the first half.  We never saw that lineup again.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Hopefully Sully will be starting as early tonight, against the Cavs.

Start Lee as well, until Bradley is fully recovered.

I would start Green at the two, but Doc will never do that.

Lee has been playing very well.  Why start someone at a position they don't play when you have someone that has been playing well and don't start him?  What kind of message does that send?  For all the Green supporters that have wanted it to take PP place and other positions as well,  just what has he done that he should be rewarded?  Give Green those end of clock shots that PP gets most every game and see what his shooting percentage plummets to.  I would come closer to putting him at 4 than anywhere.

I read somewhere this morning how well the lineup of KG, JG, PP, Rondo, and I think Lee played against the Pistons in the first half.  We never saw that lineup again.

Doc is going to have to try something different, if they don't start winning after calling them out. I think trades are a long shot.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Sadly I am.  Please tell me I am wrong.  Why would anyone want our highly paid player who are not producing?

I think that Rondo disturbs the balance too much. He has the ball too much and its making us predictable. Imo its no coincidence that we generally play pretty well if rondo's out. I think terry and lee are good players and bass as well. Not starters on a contender, but solid bench players who are right now playing way below their norm.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Doc is bluffing, nobody wants Bass, Green, or Terry.  If DA wants to be bold you have Rondo, Sully and Bradley who will bring something back.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Definitely agree with you about a big man.  We still need one and it will be difficult to trade players that are not contributing.  Why would another team want players that have not been producing?  That is only way that any trade is possible. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Crazy as it sounds, the only big man that might be available is Dwight Howard. Doesn't mean LA wants Bass/Green/Jet, but just an observation. Celts would probly have to throw in Bradley and/or Sullinger.

Sections
Shortcuts