Doc is Holding Back

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Doc is Holding Back

Don't forget Noah only played 23 mins, and Thomas played 19...............this team is very very good.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rico,
    I get it you don't have to hide after three straight losses as long as you say you are a Celtic fan or as you call it a C's fan.  Maybe if the Lakers win tomorrow night you can use one of your Laker identities.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticjay. Show celticjay's posts

Celtics just got smoked..  Wasn't even close..

Sad to watch... NO fight or grit.  We need Shaq to just F-up people with his 6 fouls

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

The only thing Doc's holding back are tears. Celtics got smothered and there was nothing Doc could do during the game to stop the slaughter.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tabuckiss. Show Tabuckiss's posts

DEFINITELY....we really did not need this game and if it was the playoffs, our defense would have lit up the floor....no worries....Rose is good but not that good...he has never seen playoff defense!  NEVER....JUST WAIT AND SEE!!!!  We need the Miami game this weekend though...just stay health boys!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Doc is Holding Back:
    [QUOTE]DEFINITELY....we really did not need this game and if it was the playoffs, our defense would have lit up the floor....no worries....Rose is good but not that good...he has never seen playoff defense!  NEVER....JUST WAIT AND SEE!!!!  We need the Miami game this weekend though...just stay health boys!!!
    Posted by Tabuckiss[/QUOTE]

Are you joking?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

In Response to Doc is Holding Back:
    [QUOTE]Just look at the minutes of KG, Pierce, JO, and even Rondo. The Celts were fine when KG and JO were both in the game. I think it's pretty obvious at this stage that the Celts prefer to stay healthy than win regular season games.  It also doesn't help if Rose is making shots from the edge of the backboard and making 3s like he's Steve Nash.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Just how ignorant can you be?  The Celtics needed to win to stay ahead of the Heat for #2 in the East and have home court in the 2nd round, as well as hang with the Lakers just in case they meet in the Finals.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

They need layup drills and some type of (legal) mental stimulant like fish oil so they stay focussed on basketball. And, the bulls had a lot to do with it, Thib knows everyones tendencies and he had his guys ready to exploit those. I'm glad Doc took this seriously because he's going to be exposed if the team bows out early this year but a new coach takes the same crew to the finals/championship next year. The Celts are loaded with talent and it's the coaches job to meld it all together.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doc is Holding Back : Are you joking?
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

I don't know if he's kidding but if Rondo doesn't stay in front of him, we have no chance. By the way, at playoff times, someone will knock him on his rear end when he goes to the basketball.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doc is Holding Back : I don't know if he's kidding but if Rondo doesn't stay in front of him, we have no chance. By the way, at playoff times, someone will knock him on his rear end when he goes to the basketball.
    Posted by terrrapin[/QUOTE]

Very good point except someone should of knocked him to his "rear" last night. If Perk was here he would of done that for sure. I think Krstic would do it, but he's to concerned with Doc yelling at him for everything he does on the floor.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doc is Holding Back : Very good, yes. Can they make it to the Finals, maybe. Will they win a championship this year, hell NO!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I don't know. I think they have a touch of the '91 side about them. If they get on a roll in the post season their momentum may take them all the way to victory.

I can't write them off from winning the championship at all. Only question I have is their mental approach to the play offs and in particular the Conference and Finals Series if they make it that far.

1) Can they kept their heads together in the Conference Finals when the season is on the line. Can they beat a veteran team like the Celtics over 7 games.

2) If they make the finals would they just be 'happy to be there' or would they keep playing like they have all year. The finals are completely different to the regular season. But Tibs knows this and would, I assume have them prepared.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Doc was holding back, however, the 48% shooting allowed by the Celtics was a discracful defensive effort.

The Bulls played great defense, but the Cs were missing a lot of open shots as well.

All in all, it was just one game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]They need layup drills and some type of (legal) mental stimulant like fish oil so they stay focussed on basketball. And, the bulls had a lot to do with it, Thib knows everyones tendencies and he had his guys ready to exploit those. I'm glad Doc took this seriously because he's going to be exposed if the team bows out early this year but a new coach takes the same crew to the finals/championship next year. The Celts are loaded with talent and it's the coaches job to meld it all together.
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]
    I don't think your suggetions are going to make the difference

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

Holding back? Not sure I buy into that. Rondo was abused, and that had nothing to do with "holding back".

One thing I am certain of is that the Perkins trade has nothing to do with what's happening right now.

As I've been saying for the past two months, they need Shaq if they expect to contend.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Thought I was watching a Laker game the way Rose was waltzing through the paint.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Rose is the type of player, that if you knock him on his butt, he comes back at you harder the next time!!  Doc didn't hold nothing back, that's almost laughable!!   We just got our butts handed to us, by a better team last night!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doc is Holding Back : Doc is gonna ride off into the sunset to Miami Beach after this season is over.........possible Orlando if the Magic get bounced early.........I really believe that he has lost the team............during a couple time outs over the last few games he has his clipboard and is drawing plays........KG isn't paying the slightest attention and in fact isn't even looking in that direction......nor is PP and RA............it is almost like he is a ghost.........he has lost the team and must step aside after the season........
    Posted by damfuno[/QUOTE]

I hate to say it, but this is what I felt was going on even as far as a month ago.  I think the players were worn out mentally after the trade and kept bein pushed by Doc and it cultimated when Doc called them soft.  Yes, they came out and played a better half, but they did it for themselves, and K.G. said "dont ever do that again"  , so when I heard that, I knew something was wrong...Doc needs to know how to manage these old guys and rest them when needed and lay off with the comments and allow them rest to get better.  I think they still play hard cuz they have too much pride...but notice how we arent as crisp out of t/o's like we usually are...u maybe right...but this team knows what to do Doc or no Doc, its about health and pshysical ability at this point..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doc is Holding Back : I don't know. I think they have a touch of the '91 side about them. If they get on a roll in the post season their momentum may take them all the way to victory. I can't write them off from winning the championship at all. Only question I have is their mental approach to the play offs and in particular the Conference and Finals Series if they make it that far. 1) Can they kept their heads together in the Conference Finals when the season is on the line. Can they beat a veteran team like the Celtics over 7 games. 2) If they make the finals would they just be 'happy to be there' or would they keep playing like they have all year. The finals are completely different to the regular season. But Tibs knows this and would, I assume have them prepared.
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

I agree. If the Bulls, play like last night in the playoffs and the celtics and later Lakers think they can flip the switch against these guys--they are going to get beat. 

The Bulls are for real. I'm not counting out our guys, but they are going to have to play at their highest level in years. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doc is Holding Back : Doc is gonna ride off into the sunset to Miami Beach after this season is over.........possible Orlando if the Magic get bounced early.........I really believe that he has lost the team............during a couple time outs over the last few games he has his clipboard and is drawing plays........KG isn't paying the slightest attention and in fact isn't even looking in that direction......nor is PP and RA............it is almost like he is a ghost.........he has lost the team and must step aside after the season........
    Posted by damfuno[/QUOTE]

Tha'ts pretty much delusional. 

Sections
Shortcuts