Doc It's Obvious

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Doc It's Obvious

In Response to Re: Doc It's Obvious:
    Rondo is definitely hurt.  I don't think it's the hamstring for two reason: 1) a hamstring injury would be apparent even to fans;  2) I think the Celts would shut him down for a while in hopes of having him at full strength for the playoffs.  Plantar fasciitis, on the other hand, can be covered up if the player has a high resistance to pain and doesn't let the pain show on his face.  It's still a highly debilitating injury that would slow anyone down. And the reason that Doc keeps playing Rondo is because even when playing hurt, he is still the best PG on the team. 
    Posted by jerrycole

Jerry, I dont know about Rondo being hurt. Ive had a a torn Plantar fasciitis and it sent me to the floor in agony... theres no playing through it. Maybe ROndos is just strained and hes dealing with it.

I dont disagree ROndo is by far the best PG on the team, at least when the Celtics have the ball. However, on the other end, hes getting worse and worse. Ive been calling Rondo out defensively since last year.

Yes, he gets steals, many of which are because hes been beaten off the dribble and he gets a swipe from behind occassionally. But he gets picked off so easily, 1/2 the time he doesnt even try to fight through and worse of all, after getting picked, he doesnt switch to defend the roll... many times he just floats off somewhere leaving it to the Celtic interior to make the play.

Im saying these things cause Ive watched him at times exclusively in game after game. Some games I had on tape and really took a look... Its common with ROndo.

Comes a point in time where a coach needs to put the team ahead of one player. Needs to make the team understand everyone has to do their job defensively for the team to succeed.

I dont know, perhaps Rondo is too valuable running our offense and too stubborn and handle the criticism... or maybe he just cant do it..some players just arent tough enough to fight through picks or recover defesnsively.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

Rondo may not be hurt, but he is tired! He has been playing way to many minutes for a guy who plays the way he plays every night. Orroyo will help him down the stretch to get the needed rest.

But the reason the Celtics lost last night was on Garnett. Shooting 5-19 with a +/- -16 He was slow, didn't box out all night the big reason why Jordan had 21 point. He needs to play less down the stretch if The Celtics have any chance in the play-offs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

And the CLOWN says...

"Fire Ainge, fire Doc, get a new captain, this ship is sinking"

Re: Doc and coaching staff is the main problem....

posted at 4/10/2010 11:16 AM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406&plckUserId=3567a792c5f5109ca211f62f3c1b2406">
    First: 2/12/2006
    Last: 3/8/2011

Fire Ainge, fire Doc, get a new captain, this ship is sinking.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

I believe the coaches vote on the all-defensive team; how ironic that the coaching strategy is to go right at him with picks.  Funny, I see Delonte, and even Arroyo this evening, fighting through them, but Big-Time seems to have all sorts of trouble.
    Posted by jallen3531

and this is the lump of coal that will be in the c's stocking come playoff time.  this team has prided itself on defense yet rondo is allowed to play gamble-happy and often times just plain NO defense.  I swear at least if he made the "el toro" motion or faked getting plastered by a moving pick it would make me as a fan feel better.  something, anything.

this is the product of incorrect talent development.  it goes right back to danny and his statement that rondo was the "starter of the future" after showing some promise the last 20 games of his rook year in a series of meaningless games.

you just never do that.  and here's why- you don't GET development past a point where a player feels SECURE.  name me some other starting point guards who shoot 50% on defense and don't hustle on D and do the reach around gamble to achieve their steal stats.  ANY ONE OF THOSE THINGS IS ENOUGH TO GET BENCHED on most any NBA team until the player CHANGES those things, but why with the Celts is it different?

does rondo have pictures of danny in compromising poses with farm animals or something?  there must be some sort of ransom situation for this sheer incompetence to be fostered so nicely.  and if they are not taking actions to curtail incompetence, yes, they are fostering it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

acie

I think Doc is just trying to let Rondo gain more confidence with his game. It will not help if Rondo ends up doubting himself in the playoffs. Unfortunately it will cost the Celtics, like last night.

But in the playoffs I have no doubt if Rondo screws up Doc will not hesitate to let Delonte run the show.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Rondo logs more minutes than any Celtic.  The starters simply need some help from the bench.  I don't understand how the whole second unit is hurt.  W T F These guys play minimal minutes and their all hurt?  Give me a break.  I don't know how the C's have won so many games with the starters baically doing it alone for much of the season.  I can't wait to see a full team out there for a change with a secod unit that contributes.    

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

acie I think Doc is just trying to let Rondo gain more confidence with his game. It will not help if Rondo ends up doubting himself in the playoffs. Unfortunately it will cost the Celtics, like last night. But in the playoffs I have no doubt if Rondo screws up Doc will not hesitate to let Delonte run the show.
    Posted by P34

That's good to know, coming from the board Clown. Keep'em coming Doink!! HAHAHA!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Rondo logs more minutes than any Celtic.  The starters simply need some help from the bench.  I don't understand how the whole second unit is hurt.  W T F These guys play minimal minutes and their all hurt?  Give me a break.  I don't know how the C's have won so many games with the starters baically doing it alone for much of the season.  I can't wait to see a full team out there for a change with a secod unit that contributes.    
    Posted by Mchampion

So because he logs more minutes that gives him to right to play horrible defense, make horrible passes, foul 3 pt shooters, shoot a low FT percentage, etc. His play especially his defense is pretty pathetic, now his running the team is starting to suffer. His tossing up a 3 ball when the team is making a run was simply arrogant and Doc should have gave Arroyo a lot of his minutes last night. The Cs have been pulling games out in the last quarter for awhile now... can't live on that edge, it caught up to them last night. When your point guard plays like crap....it will show in the final score. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

acie I think Doc is just trying to let Rondo gain more confidence with his game. It will not help if Rondo ends up doubting himself in the playoffs. Unfortunately it will cost the Celtics, like last night. But in the playoffs I have no doubt if Rondo screws up Doc will not hesitate to let Delonte run the show.
    Posted by P34

yeah, well, sure is the long way around.

player development can at times (usually early on) like raising a child.  the best proven way to deal with the terrible two's and subsequent growth into "the age of reason" is to IMPOSE STRUCTURE- that is what an out of control kid craves to know- what he can and what he can't do.

the celts have given rondo NO STRUCTURE EVER.  the most compassionate way to increase his confidence was to never let him start a game in the league until he could peg freebies at 70%!  and start rory sparrow ahead of him until then, even if you have to get rory out of retirement.  that's all. 

instead you have a six year veteran now with still no confidence and free throws worse than ever.   and the people who never establish boundaries for their kids end up with snotty disrespectful teenagers who WILL THEN NOT ACCEPT ANY BOUNDARIES.  hello rondo!  this is where we are at with him.  not that he's necessarily snotty but he won't be accepting boundaries.

smile through the 50% and love it or trade the guy, cuz nothing's going to get better in this mess.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cfaninla. Show cfaninla's posts

wow. you guys crack me up. one loss and now all is lost. last i checked, we still have the best record in the east. and im not just talking about the sorry laker fans that come on this sight, im talking about the negative celtic fans too. get a grip. whats with all the finger pointing? one man cannot lose a game. i watched the game and i think the slow start is what did it. we started 4-5 from the field then all of a sudden we were 1-10. a start like that will hurt any team. the clippers were on fire, especially mo williams...if we played those dudes tonight there is no way they shoot that well again. all is good. relax.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

wow. you guys crack me up. one loss and now all is lost. .
    Posted by cfaninla

it's not the one loss.  it's the rondo lost soul problem since stone hands perkins got traded.  it's made all of the awful warts in rondo's game, primarily the fact that he doesn't play defense worth squat and then gets in a malaise on offense for extended periods of time.

it seems that when the little bugger is "upset" (never the mind the 10 million paycheck), he plays putrid ball. 

when he's "on" you can manage to ignore the: 1) over-gambling on defense 2) consistent lack of effort to fight through picks 3) subsequent limited effort to go under picks 4) drifting off his man and ignoring him alltogether 5) lots of time spent pounding the rock as our big 3 get older and older by the nanosecond as the shot clock runs deep. 6) lack of outside shot 7) general lack of aggressiveness in taking the ball to the rim in a consistent manner 8) shoots free throws just a little bit better than ray charles- 50%.

so when things "go well" you can bury those 7 things, i'll admit that.  but when you have a stretch of now 7 games where nearly all the time, the PG is playing lousy, he sticks out like a sore thumb.  first it was foye who went ga-ga for 30 in the last clips game that we won.  then it is mo williams re-inventing the wheel for 28 last night.  TOO MANY NIGHTS OF THE YEAR it is so-so to good point guards hanging twice to three times their season average on us!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

In Response to Re: Doc It's Obvious : So because he logs more minutes that gives him to right to play horrible defense, make horrible passes, foul 3 pt shooters, shoot a low FT percentage, etc. His play especially his defense is pretty pathetic, now his running the team is starting to suffer. His tossing up a 3 ball when the team is making a run was simply arrogant and Doc should have gave Arroyo a lot of his minutes last night. The Cs have been pulling games out in the last quarter for awhile now... can't live on that edge, it caught up to them last night. When your point guard plays like crap....it will show in the final score. 
    Posted by walk2run

I didn't say it gave him the right to play horrible but players get tired and its a long season.  Thus my comment.  I believe if our bench was better all the starters could play a little less and thus play with more intensity while on the court. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Doc It's Obvious : 2002- the Sac Queens had home court advantage!
    Posted by Laker-Nation32

I think maybe that series is the worst officiated series I have ever seen in my life. A lot of people other than Celtics fans think the same.  You sure have a sack to bring that one up.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Posted by P34

How do you get build confidence by getting scorched for 30 pts?  Jennings did the same thing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I love Tommy's comments every time Rondo hits a outside shot. 
    "If he hits that shot he is a 20 pt a nite scorer".  Been listening to that for 3 years.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I think acie makes a good point.

You cant walk on eggshells with your players (Rondo) worried any criticism, if not made indirectly with loving tenderness, is going to diminish his game or confidence. These players are grown ups, they own grown up things, they make more than most grown ups pay... However mentally, many are not grown ups

Allowing bad habits or lack of hustle to fester unchecked will encourage more of the same and make it that much more difficult to turn around.

Im sure DOc sees all this and more... and he has his ways of dealing  with it. Perhaps he feels he shouldnt deal with it for whatever his reasons.

That doesnt help us fans out that are watching this **** and wondering why and how it is permitted

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

In Response to Re: Doc It's Obvious : I think maybe that series is the worst officiated series I have ever seen in my life. A lot of people other than Celtics fans think the same.  You sure have a sack to bring that one up.
    Posted by OneOnOne

I bought it up because a)the Lakers won and it's in the history books, b)it's fact, c) don't celtic fans think last seasons Finals was the worst officiated series ever?

Go figure.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cfaninla. Show cfaninla's posts

I bought it up because a)the Lakers won and it's in the history books, b)it's fact, c) don't celtic fans think last seasons Finals was the worst officiated series ever? Go figure.
    Posted by Laker-Nation32

just the last 5-6 minutes left in the fourth...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

In Response to Re: Doc It's Obvious:LOL, spot on! 
    In Response to Re: Doc It's Obvious : and this is the lump of coal that will be in the c's stocking come playoff time.  this team has prided itself on defense yet rondo is allowed to play gamble-happy and often times just plain NO defense.  I swear at least if he made the "el toro" motion or faked getting plastered by a moving pick it would make me as a fan feel better.  something, anything. this is the product of incorrect talent development.  it goes right back to danny and his statement that rondo was the "starter of the future" after showing some promise the last 20 games of his rook year in a series of meaningless games. you just never do that.  and here's why- you don't GET development past a point where a player feels SECURE.  name me some other starting point guards who shoot 50% on defense and don't hustle on D and do the reach around gamble to achieve their steal stats.  ANY ONE OF THOSE THINGS IS ENOUGH TO GET BENCHED on most any NBA team until the player CHANGES those things, but why with the Celts is it different? does rondo have pictures of danny in compromising poses with farm animals or something?  there must be some sort of ransom situation for this sheer incompetence to be fostered so nicely.  and if they are not taking actions to curtail incompetence, yes, they are fostering it.
    Posted by aciemvp

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Remeber Rondo destoryed Mo williams in the playoffs last year. I think Rondo is hurting. Doc needs to get his minutes down. Problem is we are in a dog fight with Chicago for the top seed. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

All the discussions concerning Rondo, just on this board alone, are endless.
    He's being torched by half of the fans and the others take on his defense.
    That's just the player Rajon is, sometimes divine, sometimes a dud.
    As long as the big 3 are here, we're fine but I can't see the C's rebuilding around him. To be a top tier player you need consistency, wich he lacks bigtime.
    He's nowhere near Rose as some posters claimed in the past.
    He's an enigma.
    And can we cut the 'he must be injured' excuse whenever he's having a bad game?
    We're being spoiled the last four years but does that mean we can't critize players anymore? That doesn't make us bandwagon fans. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

All the discussions concerning Rondo, just on this board alone, are endless. He's being torched by half of the fans and the others take on his defense. That's just the player Rajon is, sometimes divine, sometimes a dud. As long as the big 3 are here, we're fine but I can't see the C's rebuilding around him. To be a top tier player you need consistency, wich he lacks bigtime. He's nowhere near Rose as some posters claimed in the past. He's an enigma. And can we cut the 'he must be injured' excuse whenever he's having a bad game? We're being spoiled the last four years but does that mean we can't critize players anymore? That doesn't make us bandwagon fans. 
    Posted by srinivasa

Excellent!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

he sucks in the playoffs too.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

I love Tommy's comments every time Rondo hits a outside shot.  "If he hits that shot he is a 20 pt a nite scorer".  Been listening to that for 3 years.
    Posted by OneOnOne

yep, it's like buying spaghettie sauce.  it's got a 2 or 3 year expiration date.  after that it gives you digestive trouble or kills you.  same thing with POTENTIAL.  after a while, there is an expiration date and either hurts the team or kills it.

rondo is not only giving me botulism watching him play, but he is hurting this team full of old guys who need to operate sooner than later in the 24 second clock.

Sections
Shortcuts