Doc, KG and Pierce should all go to the Clippers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Doc, KG and Pierce should all go to the Clippers

1. Doc comes out and says he won't make any decisions until after the draft/free agency, the Clippers say the same about their coaching vacancy, both team begin to privately make plans

2. Pierce gets his 15.3m option picked up

3. The Celtics trade KG and Pierce to the Clippers for DeAndre Jordan, Caron Butler, Eric Bledsoe and TWO future 1st rd picks ('14 and '16). The picks are for Doc.

4. Doc is released from his contract by Wyc/DA and allowed to sign with the Clippers

5. Celtics begin the rebuild, if a good coach for young players can't be found (Shaw?) then Ainge should coach his rebuild for a year or two

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

Re: Doc, KG and Pierce should all go to the Clippers

maybe doc is the first domino that has to fall. i doubt PP or KG will want to play for anyone else at this point. then it's all about how much value/cap space can you get for doc, PP and KG. then you look at the rest of your roster and see if you've got something to build around or more chips to trade away.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:

maybe doc is the first domino that has to fall. i doubt PP or KG will want to play for anyone else at this point. then it's all about how much value/cap space can you get for doc, PP and KG. then you look at the rest of your roster and see if you've got something to build around or more chips to trade away.

If the C's know they can get 23-25 year olds like Jordan and Bledsoe then they should trade Green and Rondo at the time of the draft to get high lotto picks like I previously mentioned.

Rondo might fetch the Pelicans or Kings picks 6 or 7. There was an interesting Green and pick 16 for Ariza and pick 3 rumor.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Say we draft Plumlee or Olynyk at 16, then make that trade with the Clips

This lineup gets the 5-7 seed in the East:

C - Jordan, Plumlee or Olynyk

PF - Bass, Sully

SF - Green, Butler

SG - Avery, Lee, Terry

PG - Rondo, Bledsoe

I mean, there is nothing wrong with being a fun playoff team, but that team will not knock off the Heat, Bulls or Pacers. Maybe in 3 years when Bass/Terry's contracts are gone and they make a trade they could... but going after a top 5 lotto pick in a deep draft next year is the wiser move.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

PF - Bass, Sully

SF - Green, Butler

SG - Avery, Lee, Terry

PG - Rondo, Bledsoe

I mean, there is nothing wrong with being a fun playoff team, but that team will not knock off the Heat, Bulls or Pacers. Maybe in 3 years when Bass/Terry's contracts are gone and they make a trade they could... but going after a top 5 lotto pick in a deep draft next year is the wiser move.

Rame ... that is the worst possible of outcomes... being 5-7 seed. If we say goodbye to KG, PP, and Doc and we still remain just good enough to be a first round sweep in the playoffs??? that is the WORST POSSIBLE OUTCOME!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

[QUOTE]

PF - Bass, Sully

SF - Green, Butler

SG - Avery, Lee, Terry

PG - Rondo, Bledsoe

Rame ... that is the worst possible of outcomes... being 5-7 seed. If we say goodbye to KG, PP, and Doc and we still remain just good enough to be a first round sweep in the playoffs??? that is the WORST POSSIBLE OUTCOME!

[/QUOTE]

Right

That is why I am saying Rondo, Green, Bass, Terry and Lee would all have to be traded as well. At least RR and Green have to go before the season starts.

Jordan, Sully, Bradley, Bledsoe and pick 16 will all be ages 21-24 and the group to build around.

I'd think Rondo and Green together can get 3 more talented 'starter quality' guys that age and 1 of those 3 should be expected to become a future all-star.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

The rebuild only works if we can replicate another 2006-07 season where we hit rock bottom. I bet we get there with the roster you show above if we:

a. Keep rondo from returning for a few months. Let him continue to strengthen, improve his shot and stay healthy

b. Do the same for Sullinger

c. Make 2-3 more trades at the deadline, moving any of the following: Bass, Lee, Crawford, Terry, Jordan

d. Play Fab Melo stupid amounts of minutes

I think we could lose enough to get a decent chance in next years lottery. We should keep Jeff Green & Rondo and just play them in ways that make us not win. Jeff should be given the PP role as our #1 option and scorer and see how he performs. His GOAL next year should be to edge out Paul George for an Allstar selection. Lofty goal, but attainable.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Okkk then I like a Barnes for Green trade then. Barnes is that right age, he looks like he could be an allstar SF. Maybe we can even swing a Barnes & D. Green for J. Green trade. Obviously need to add another piece or two to make the money work

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The rebuild only works if we can replicate another 2006-07 season where we hit rock bottom. I bet we get there with the roster you show above if we:

a. Keep rondo from returning for a few months. Let him continue to strengthen, improve his shot and stay healthy

b. Do the same for Sullinger

c. Make 2-3 more trades at the deadline, moving any of the following: Bass, Lee, Crawford, Terry, Jordan

d. Play Fab Melo stupid amounts of minutes

I think we could lose enough to get a decent chance in next years lottery. We should keep Jeff Green & Rondo and just play them in ways that make us not win. Jeff should be given the PP role as our #1 option and scorer and see how he performs. His GOAL next year should be to edge out Paul George for an Allstar selection. Lofty goal, but attainable.

I still don't think that lineup gets us into the top 5

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I want:

C - Jordan

F-C - Zeller

PF - Sully

SG - McLemore

G - Avery

PG - Bledsoe

and then a bunch of vets like Bass, Terry, Butler and Ariza that are never given playoff time over the rookies and are traded away for future 1st rd picks and/or 20-25 year olds.

Then if the C's land in the top 7 they are guaranteed a really good young SF

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Hmmm... how about this:

Omer Asiq & T.Robinson for Jeff Green & Jason Terry

Money matches, if the Rockets go out and sign D. Howard, Asiq becomes a luxury ( I think he's close to as bad as Howard is at free throws). They also need an upgrade at PF and Jeff could play a PF role next to Dwight. If the Celtics are clearing house, Terry needs to go. T Robinson is a good young piece. Rockets want to win now with Harden. Can you imagine anybody beating:

Lin

Harden

Parsons

Green

Howard

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Okkk then I like a Barnes for Green trade then. Barnes is that right age, he looks like he could be an allstar SF. Maybe we can even swing a Barnes & D. Green for J. Green trade. Obviously need to add another piece or two to make the money work

I'm more than fine with Barnes and Andris Biedrins exp contract for Green and Lee's cap killing contract. Or they can give us a future 1st rd pick if we keep Lee.

Green is slightly better than Barnes now, and probably for the next 2 years. But Barnes ceiling is higher. He's closer to Klay and Curry's age (but Green is closer to Bogut and Lee).

All comes down to who GS thinks gets them past the 2nd rd.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The Clippers trade can be turned into a 3-team trade with Golden State to help us clear cap space:

Celtics get: DeAndre Jordan, Bledsoe, the 20 million in expiring Biedrins/Rich Jeff contracts, Draymond Green and 1st rd picks from the Clips (2) and Warriors (1)

Clippers get: Garnett, Pierce (and essentially Doc)

Warriors get: Caron Butler, Courtney Lee and Brandon Bass

GSW rotation:

C - Bogut, Ezeli

PF - David Lee, Bass

SF - Barnes, Butler

SG - Thompson, Court Lee 

PG - Curry, Jack

They basically have a 5 man of 28-32ish guys and another of 22-25ish guys

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

If DA is gonna blow it up he might as well get what he can get for KG and PP, as a package deal to the Clips would be ideal.  I wouldn't mind if he also let it be known that no one on the roster is untouchable.  Rondo has team-friendly contract -- see what he can fetch.  Green could be a nice piece on a playoff team as opposed to the 1st or 2nd best player in Boston.  (A team with Green as its 1st or 2nd best player isn't a contender -- sorry.)  DA should be all in on a rebuild if he can get value for his players.  This team doesn't have what it takes to contend with KG and PP as top dogs and I don't think a nucleus of Rondo, Green, Sullinger et al gets you anywhere.   

Total facelift.  Get young talent and picks for a shot at a player with superstar upside. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

While its true that being a good team ( 4-8 playoff seed) is not ideal in the nba. The option of tanking  is no guarantee at success either look at bobcats, wizards, sacramento etc. The bottom line even if we do tank and get a great player, in the draft next year, we are still behind miami, indiana and chicago for the next few years (they all have relatively young nucleases) so no matter how you cut it the cs are destined to be a 4-8 seed anyway. We might as well have a fun, competitive,exciting team to watch. 

The year we won it was  a perfect storm, we got kg and ray at just the right time,( very hungry and right befor their declines) lebron was still young and was on a team with a weak supporting cast ( and it still took us 7 games to beat both cleveland and hawks that year) and the pistons were an older fading championship team.

I am totally ok with sending kg, pp and doc to clippers, and we get jordan and bledose etc. Kg and pp and doc get another chance at a ring, they both go to their homes in la. We get 2 young talented players at positions of need (backup pg and center). Win, win for everyone.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Why ask for irrelvance?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from anguskahn. Show anguskahn's posts

Rondo might fetch the Pelicans or Kings picks 6 or 7. There was an interesting Green and pick 16 for Ariza and pick 3 rumor.

[/QUOTE]

The more I think about it the more I like that.  there is talk that Noel will fall because he wont be ready to play until 2014.  If he is available at 3 that is perfect as we can have him take his time to rehab and tank next season to get into teh Wiggins/Arron Gordon/Julius Randle swwepstakes.  2014-2015 season with Noel and Wiggins wouldlook pretty good.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to anguskahn's comment:

The more I think about it the more I like that.  there is talk that Noel will fall because he wont be ready to play until 2014.  If he is available at 3 that is perfect as we can have him take his time to rehab and tank next season to get into teh Wiggins/Arron Gordon/Julius Randle swwepstakes.  2014-2015 season with Noel and Wiggins wouldlook pretty good.

[/QUOTE]

This is truly the best case in my opinion as well

Get 20-24 year olds on this team like Avery, Jordan, Sully, Bledsoe and lotto picks

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

There are 5-6 threads all dealing with trading the trio, Doc, KG & PP so I copy & paste my comments from another which are appropriate here:

Call me a Monday morning quarterback but I wished KG had waived his no trade & he and PP went to the Clippers last season.

So, if Doc goes too I will root for the Clippers as I always have as being a Boston fan, I have always hated the Lakers but living in SF, there is a rivalry between sports teams here and LA almost like Boston & NY.  KG & PP, 2 HOF, might get another ring and can retire in LA LA land. I will enjoy seeing the Clippers beat the Lakers and frankly I still associate them more with their roots in San Diego than LA. As I only go to New England a couple of times per year to see family, selfishly perhaps, I can get to see KG,PP & Doc out here in travels on the West Coast. So, would love to see it happen & build our team with youth. I cite the GS Warriors who gave the Spurs a scare with a starting 5 aged 23 years old.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

PF - Bass, Sully

SF - Green, Butler

SG - Avery, Lee, Terry

PG - Rondo, Bledsoe

Rameakap,

This is very well thought out.  I hope it doesn't happen as building from the bottom is something Boston sports fans just have no patience for.  I think Grousbeck and ownership will try to avoid this outcome at all costs.  They want to be relevant and trades worked in 2007.  Don't rule out trades at mid-season as it gives the C's brass more time.   I think Doc has really hurt the team and I am surprised by his lack of loyalty to the Celtics he is loyal to players like KG not the team.  

I have mentioned the Celtics should bring in Larry Bird to take over for Danny despite his success in 2008.  He has severely mismanaged the roster the last three years or so.  Danny should leave and Larry who should never have left needs to return no matter how much crow the Celtics have to eat.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

PF - Bass, Sully

SF - Green, Butler

SG - Avery, Lee, Terry

PG - Rondo, Bledsoe

Rameakap,

This is very well thought out.  I hope it doesn't happen as building from the bottom is something Boston sports fans just have no patience for.  I think Grousbeck and ownership will try to avoid this outcome at all costs.  They want to be relevant and trades worked in 2007.  Don't rule out trades at mid-season as it gives the C's brass more time.   I think Doc has really hurt the team and I am surprised by his lack of loyalty to the Celtics he is loyal to players like KG not the team.  

I have mentioned the Celtics should bring in Larry Bird to take over for Danny despite his success in 2008.  He has severely mismanaged the roster the last three years or so.  Danny should leave and Larry who should never have left needs to return no matter how much crow the Celtics have to eat.

How do we know what's true and what's not.  There's a lot of speculation out there.  Doc has not publicly talked.   He didn't say he'd be back (other than to say "unless I tell you otherwise, I'll be back").  He hasn't come out and refuted the press stories.   We don't know what's the truth.   I just see a lot of reporters speculating and conjecture by the press. Maybe the press is right, but too many times, I've found they are just dealing with rumors.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

PF - Bass, Sully

SF - Green, Butler

SG - Avery, Lee, Terry

PG - Rondo, Bledsoe

Rameakap,

Could Bird return as like President, CEO, a director of bball operation, etc? Danny would stay as GM?

The only way I see them staying relative and contending while moving on from PP and KG is to get Griffin in the return package along with Jordan and Bledsoe.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

If the Clippers want Chris Paul and Howard they should want those guys to be on a team with Griffin:

Pierce and KG to the Clippers

That is 29.1 in contracts but only 16.2 for next season after PP is waived.

DeAndre Jordan, Butler, Jamal Crawford, Eric Bledsoe and 2 first rd picks to the Celtics

The Clips only have Griffin's 16.4 under contract along with that 18.4.

They can ask Howard and Paul to split 33 million in cap space to play with Griffin and KG. Doc has a deal in place to be the coach.

They need to try and sign a bunch of guys like Barnes, Odom and Billups for the veterna min

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

1. Doc comes out and says he won't make any decisions until after the draft/free agency, the Clippers say the same about their coaching vacancy, both team begin to privately make plans

2. Pierce gets his 15.3m option picked up

3. The Celtics trade KG and Pierce to the Clippers for DeAndre Jordan, Caron Butler, Eric Bledsoe and TWO future 1st rd picks ('14 and '16). The picks are for Doc.

4. Doc is released from his contract by Wyc/DA and allowed to sign with the Clippers

5. Celtics begin the rebuild, if a good coach for young players can't be found (Shaw?) then Ainge should coach his rebuild for a year or two

Nice thought but how is this feaseable? In order to trade PP it would have to be a sign and trade and the Clips cant afford KG and PP.... aint happening!