Doc meltdown

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Doc meltdown

Is it any wonder the Clippers blew a 16 point lead in their elimination game and melted down like the Wicked witch of the west after the bucket of water splashed her?

With their head coach ranting & raving over an alleged bad call in game 5, which was proven to be the correct call, the Clipper players followed suit and lost their composure as well during the end of that game and in game 6 and are now eliminated.

The Clippers, with perhaps the most talented roster in the NBA, are eliminated in round 2. Even CP lamented post game about elimination considering how good this Clipper team is.  I agree CP, but its not the players.

In the last 2 games of this series, Doc hasnt been able to hold it together on the sidelines. Sometimes thats not all bad but its out of character for Doc to be in constant complain/meltdown mode. That frantic, confused, insecure raving lunatic set the tone for his players that their coach wasnt in control, was panicking... was losing it at the most important moment of the Clippers season.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Re: Doc meltdown

This board is beyond horrible.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Rivers is a mediocre coach at best.

The good news is we own the Clippers first round pick next year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It will still be a mid 20's pick unless the clippers get bad all of a sudden and with the talent they have they should still win the Pacific division again

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to ANONMD08's comment:

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It will still be a mid 20's pick unless the clippers get bad all of a sudden and with the talent they have they should still win the Pacific division again

[/QUOTE]
    Doc will find a way... particularly after the Sterlings dig in their heels and refuse to go gently into the night.

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

When Doc was asked last night about his return if Sterling still owned the team, instead of sticking to his guns from a couple weeks ago, he hedged and said he'd have to see..

Two faced like he was when he abandoned the Celtics.. Got his just desserts this season

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Doc knew that OKC's top 2 players were playing better than his top 2 players and that is all it takes to lose a playoff series.

So, yeah, he thought he could make up the difference by working the officials hard. Which made him look desperate.

But do you want him to look like Phil Jackson when he is losing? I dont. 

I want him working the refs when they need a few breaks to go their teams way.

I just feel bad for that team because their owner lost this series for them.

The NBA could not let the Clippers make it out of round two. And it looked that way from the officiating.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Doc knew that OKC's top 2 players were playing better than his top 2 players and that is all it takes to lose a playoff series.

So, yeah, he thought he could make up the difference by working the officials hard. Which made him look desperate.

The NBA could not let the Clippers make it out of round two. And it looked that way from the officiating.

[/QUOTE]

Horse manure... if anyone, doc lost the series for them.

He got over-involved in sticking the knife in DS's back instead of coaching.

Loyalty to DS be damned... just like his loyalty to DA when the going got tough.

Doc wants to be mover/shaker/part-owner of this franchise and will threaten to quit if he can't get his way.

And then doc the weasel will be gone when his bluff is called.

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

i've seen it all now.  someone claiming donald sterling "lost the series" for the clippers.  you have got to be kidding me.  that franchise has gotten more synthetic good will as a result of sterling being an idiot than anyone can imagine.  the players even got themselves "upset" and then recovered like the nerds did in the revenge of the nerds after they realized how great paychecks are compared to principles.  it's not like sterling is a "hands on" owner like mark cuban anyway.

what a neat excuse if they fail- "it's donald sterling's fault", not "deandre disappeared for many games again" or "gee, CP3 sure could have done a little better", or a long steady look at the coaching acumen of one doc rivers- could that have anything to do with it?  IF ANYTHING the clippers got huge rub and a stimulus package of undeserved sympathy as a result of sterling being sterling, just like he has been a dingbat since 1981.  isn't all of that hemming and hawing about how long suffering the players are, and all those interviews with big boobed reporters an advantage of some sort?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Looks like that strategy completely backfired...didnt it

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Could anyone imagine any worse situation for a NBA coach with Sterling fighting everyone tooth and nail?  Maybe Doc can have it both ways again like he did with the Celtics with the narrative of being a good soldier by trying to get draft pick for the Celtics while it was actually mostly about Doc and behind the Celtics back telling the Clippers what not to trade to the Celtics.  Now the principled Doc might not work for a terrible owner but if Sterling will stay on and fight, maybe Doc needs to stay also for his players or whatever rationale he can come up with.  That green pasture is all of the sudden not so green anymore.   Not that I wish someone for such a dilemma but karma seems to be the right and fitting word for this.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to scubber's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Could anyone imagine any worse situation for a NBA coach with Sterling fighting everyone tooth and nail?  Maybe Doc can have it both ways again like he did with the Celtics with the narrative of being a good soldier by trying to get draft pick for the Celtics while it was actually mostly about Doc and behind the Celtics back telling the Clippers what not to trade to the Celtics.  Now the principled Doc might not work for a terrible owner but if Sterling will stay on and fight, maybe Doc needs to stay also for his players or whatever rationale he can come up with.  That green pasture is all of the sudden not so green anymore.   Not that I wish someone for such a dilemma but karma seems to be the right and fitting word for this.

[/QUOTE]

Sterling is gonna fight hard and I hope he wins the NBA loses. Taking away a persons assets, worth perhaps a $billion and giving control of it to another is whacked. Why, because his private thoughts about black people were illegally taped to sabotage him?  Nah, dislike him, dont buy Clipper stuff, stop playing/coaching for his team but not this garbage going on.

So easy for everyone to jump on the bandwagon pounding Sterling that its become a mob mentality...  Im surprised they havent insisted on capital punishment yet.

Doc will stay there in all likelihood in spite of his fugazy claims just a few weeks ago that he wouldnt. Already he's started his backpedaling on that subject.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

at least there are a few people left that realize legality of recording someone without their knowledge and that even jerks, yes, even jerks, do have basic civil rights and you just can't evaporate a billion dollar asset because a chrome domed freak like sterling adjudicates you a naughty boy, after the same NBA has ignored your patently illegal racist activities for over THIRTY YEARS that include multiple convictions for housing discrimination.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

at least there are a few people left that realize legality of recording someone without their knowledge and that even jerks, yes, even jerks, do have basic civil rights and you just can't evaporate a billion dollar asset because a chrome domed freak like sterling adjudicates you a naughty boy, after the same NBA has ignored your patently illegal racist activities for over THIRTY YEARS that include multiple convictions for housing discrimination.

[/QUOTE]

The NBA should have done something about Sterling a long-time ago.  That being said, we don't know what will happen.  If Sterling fights the NBA that is going to create turmoil for the Clippers organization and the entire NBA. It probably would influence the Clippers team, and Doc's decision to coach this team.   Either way it should be interesting to see what happens and how this could influence the NBA next season. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I can see Doc going to the Lakers and trying to entice Lebron to join him in la la land.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ABQDan. Show ABQDan's posts

Jesus, the stupidity here.

1. You are not "taking away a person's assets" if you force Sterling to sell. It's a franchise - which means the league invests a lot of money in the franchisees.  That's called a partnership.  Of course, that might sail right over the head of some posters.

2. Whether or not you like Doc, the BS is a huge distraction.  "Bump of goodwill?"  Idiotic.  Playoff series are so hard to win - any distraction is bad. 

3. Susan is right - even jerks have basic civil rights. However, when you are a FRANCHISEE (see: #1 above) you cede a lot of those, in a franchisee sense.

4. The blown calls were awful.  I'm a former hoops ref, and I know the difference between a bad call and a tilted game.  Apparently, y'all don't.  "What turned out to be the right call" .... please.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

The illegality is perpetrated by the girlfriend not the NBA.  The authority should go after her and the money she got from the release/sale of the recording.  NBA has a case in the sense that the brand is harmed by the content and continued ownership of the Clippers by Sterling.  A lot of players and fans were and are ready to boycott, what else can the NBA do but to do their best to preserve their interest.  And like Dan said above, it is a franchisee situation, there is a contract and legal clauses that the NBA can try to enforce whether or not it will hold up in court.

If you actually listened to the interview with Anderson 360, Sterling himself plainly stated that he has committed a terrible act and has badly harmed the NBA.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to ABQDan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

1. You are not "taking away a person's assets" if you force Sterling to sell. It's a franchise - which means the league invests a lot of money in the franchisees.  That's called a partnership.  Of course, that might sail right over the head of some posters.

2. Whether or not you like Doc, the BS is a huge distraction.  "Bump of goodwill?"  Idiotic.  Playoff series are so hard to win - any distraction is bad. 

3. Susan is right - even jerks have basic civil rights. However, when you are a FRANCHISEE (see: #1 above) you cede a lot of those, in a franchisee sense.

4. The blown calls were awful.  I'm a former hoops ref, and I know the difference between a bad call and a tilted game.  Apparently, y'all don't.  "What turned out to be the right call" .... please.

[/QUOTE]

And if this were a "tilted game" as you claim, the NBA has far worse problems than  this eccentric, loud-mouth Clipper owner that the league has long tolerated..... please.

Pud

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

first of all, Jesus has nothing to do with it, so leave him out

1) the nba is trying to remove 2 1/2 million USD from sterling.  silver is continuing on with even bigger ham hands than the tiresome fixer/ogre stern had.  this was a private conversation.  if you bothered listening to it, the bimbo had to work sterling like a rented mule to say what he did, which was tantamount to: "if you're going to bang black guys while we're going out, please don't take selfies with them at the games"

2) a COACH's job is not to enhance a distraction such as doc did several times, it's to say "we'll deal with this later, right now we have games to win".  doc did NOT take that tact, instead he bought into the race baiting baloney game......  the correct thing to do would be to tell every reporter every time- "there's ALL OFF SEASON to figure this other stuff out, right now we have important playoff games to play"

3) flake (to a lesser extent) and deandre jordan still no-showed a bunch of games for the clips this post season.  barnes was terrible.  at times CP3 was not that great for them.  if you keep yourself out of the positions of close games then the refs can't blow them for you.  the clippers had the wrong line up and the wrong game plan.  back in 1992 there was one gunner team in the league- the GS Warriors.  Now there are three that are NOT wing-gun teams.  unless you are extremely good at that, you're not going to get far in the post season.  especially with barnes machine gunning at 25%.  people think big man post play is obsolete but the spurs and grizz are pretty darn good teams.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

This is what I would have liked and Doc could have gone there too as a stipulation as they were desperate to get KG.

Being a Monday morning QB, I would have liked KG to have waived his no trade & gone to the Clippers with the provision that PP go too. Then they both retire in S. Cal where they have homes & with C. Paul & Griffin might have won a title. Sure we would have picked up 2-3 of their mediocre players but some draft choices too & probably would not have been worst off that we are now. They would have enjoyed too playing the Lakers frequently and beating them, especially Kobe and Gasol too, & getting a quasi revenge for 2010 loss in game 7.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Agreed, the stupidity you exhibited is worthy of religious intervention

1) Yes, the NBA is attempting to force the sale of Sterlings asset so he will no longer own it.  It's an attempt to take his asset from him against his will

Also theres quite a difference between a franchise and a partnership... so before you suggest something is sailing over anyones head, educate yourself on the structure of each entity so you dont make a  fool of yourself again

2) The distraction wasnt much of a problem when the Clippers knocked off the Warriors, was it. Only after the Clippers lost the series vs OKC. The Sterling incident was league wide and may have affected the Clippers more, but the again, maybe it was more how Doc handled it. Lamenting how he couldnt remain in Sterlings employ (while still cashing his paychecks), jumping on the antiSterling bandwagon at every opportunity instead of demonstrating tunnel vision to the media & his team about OKC. Doc viewed himself a savior & the biggest victim of all.. describing his visit to the Clipper organization to calm everyone.. Worries me was DOcs mantra... poor Doc

3) Dummy, you dont cede your civil rights because youre a franchisee.. Where are you coming up with this nonsense???  In addition, any contractual relationship.. anywhere in the USA, is inferior and subject to compliance of state and federal law. If you had any experience in the matter, youd know most all contracts have this contingency so as to allow for the remainder of the contract in compliance to remain in effect.

4) No wonder youre a former hoops ref.. b/c you dont know the rules. The out of bounds call was correct both by rule and replay. A defenders hand hitting the offensive players hand, knocking the ball out of bounds, remains with the offensive teams possession..even though they were the last to touch the ball.

Additionally, the game replay the refs were viewing were not conclusive to rule otherwise. When viewed in slow mo from various angles, it was impossible to conclude with certainty the OKC players hand was last to touch. The perfect angle didnt exist..

...please

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I have no sympathy for Doc.

I hope Sterling drags this out until next year is over and they finish with the worst record of the year.

Think of the NBA to be like a co-op building, to be able to reside in the building you have to follow the terms of residency and if it is deemed that you do not follow the terms of agreement than if voted out by the buildings elected board then you're out. To have the league accept your inclusion one of the stipulations are that you shall abide by the decisions made by the NBA. Sterlings right to due process aren't  being violated, he accepted the terms and now it has been determined that his actions have been deemed behavior that is detrimental to the league. The NBA isn't forcing him to sell below market value so he has no claim of lost assets. Sterling will have to sell the team, his failure to pay fines levied on him is  less cut and dry but that is of no consequence to the Celtics IMO.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Doc is a very good coach in the Phil Jackson mode of making talent play better, Blake and Jordan had career seasons on his watch. He deserves full credit for that. 

He was also a complete baby about the officiating which was not the reason his team lost. And, he knew exactly what Donald Sterling was about when he took his paychecks.

Sections
Shortcuts