Doc needs to go back and watch the 2011 Playoffs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

Doc needs to go back and watch the 2011 Playoffs

Everyone here is sitting here bashing Jason Terry for his performance this year.
    You ever wonder why he is playing so bad, and dont tell me its becasue hes not hitting shots.
    Doc needs to relize he is not ray allen, which is exactly why we got him in the first place.
    We got a guy that can create his own shot. Hard to do that running off screens.
    STOP USING HIM LIKE RAY!

Watch how Dallas used him and how effective he was (he practically won game 6 against miami by himself) and watch how he is being used here.
    Completely unfair to hate on a guy that isnt being used to the best of his abilities, and not only that, he isnt complaining about his role. For a guy always talking about loving hitting big shots at the end of games, would it hurt to give him the ball once and not always be so predictable with the pierce iso.
    Doc needs to wake up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Re: Doc needs to go back and watch the 2011 Playoffs

Very valid points. I do think Doc has been trying to make round players fit into square holes that has been to the detriment of everyones performance other Rondo and KG.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I said this same exact thing 3 weeks ago when I saw that Terry was only getting 7-9 shots per game if that.

He's not RA and Doc needs to adjust his game plan to fit Terry's style.

Doc is a predictable coach and that's not good. The opponent's know what Doc is going to do to get a final shot...PP at the top of the key...always. The team knows that Doc is going to stick to his substitute pattern so it doesn't matter if they play hard or not, they know they're minutes are going to be the same.

Doc needs to make this team uncomfortable and he needs to be come unpredictable until he gets the results he's looking for and then he can go back to his script.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Its a good thought, but tell me when Terry is going to get the ball with enough time to "do his own thing and create his shot" when Rondo and Pierce dominate the ball?   Doc doesn't call that play, Rondo does.   Why do you think Ray wanted to leave?  He made it clear that he fought with Rondo because he thought he could do more and Rondo only wanted Ray to do one thing.  The issue Terry has is that he's facing Mr. Rondo who will dominate the ball.  That's who he is so either live with it or get out (like Ray did).

And sorry, Allen2034, it is fair to hate on Terry when he's missing wide open shots.   If he was just missing shots running off picks, maybe you'd have a point.  But, many of his shots are just plain wide open and many of his shots are off his one dribble and shoot.   There's no excuse for a shooter having the shooting percentage that he does.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

Its a good thought, but tell me when Terry is going to get the ball with enough time to "do his own thing and create his shot" when Rondo and Pierce dominate the ball?   Doc doesn't call that play, Rondo does.   Why do you think Ray wanted to leave?  He made it clear that he fought with Rondo because he thought he could do more and Rondo only wanted Ray to do one thing.  The issue Terry has is that he's facing Mr. Rondo who will dominate the ball.  That's who he is so either live with it or get out (like Ray did).

And sorry, Allen2034, it is fair to hate on Terry when he's missing wide open shots.   If he was just missing shots running off picks, maybe you'd have a point.  But, many of his shots are just plain wide open and many of his shots are off his one dribble and shoot.   There's no excuse for a shooter having the shooting percentage that he does.

Unless there is no injury to Terry there is no explanation.  He as you mentioned almost singlehandedly beat the Heat in games five and six with brazen clutch shooting.  He can't be that far from that guy. It has to be the way the offense is run.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

LOL! I totally agree. This is why when Rondo is out, the ball moves and I think Doc/Danny know it but they can't reign Rondo back in now because they've given him the keys. It's going to only get worse once the vets leave...unless they trade him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

LOL! I totally agree. This is why when Rondo is out, the ball moves and I think Doc/Danny know it but they can't reign Rondo back in now because they've given him the keys. It's going to only get worse once the vets leave...unless they trade him.

I like Rondo, but I also recognize his weakeness.  The question is whether Danny is going to live with it and put some superstars in place who can replace the last Big 3 or if they will trade Rondo now while his trade value is extremely high (great player with a low salary).   If we are going to keep him, we better build a team where he's a complement to the players (ie. great shooters like Ray and KG were and a Pierce of 3 to 5 years ago).  

8. This post has been removed.