Doc on EEI today: "Austin not doubt can score in NBA right now1"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Doc on EEI today: "Austin not doubt can score in NBA right now1"

Does father know best?

Doc is open to drafting his son!

Thoughts.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Doc on EEI today: "Austin not doubt can score in NBA right now1"

Is he turning pro?  Do we even know that?  Last year, McAdoo's kid was supposed to turn, but he didn't!  I think we should wait until Austin declares!

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

It was actually Carnac the Magnificent - so you're wrong about that, too!!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

Austin needs an additional year or two of college basketball.
    His game isn't anywhere near ready for the NBA.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Um, sorry Doc but I don't see it. I think Austin WILL be a decent NBA player but he's nowhere near ready for the NBA. I think he could go top 3 next year.

His defense is lacking, he doesn't move enough for a shooter...stands too much. Gets into foul trouble.

Give it a year Doc!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Doc on EEI today: "Austin not doubt can score in NBA right now1":
    [QUOTE]Um, sorry Doc but I don't see it. I think Austin WILL be a decent NBA player but he's nowhere near ready for the NBA. I think he could go top 3 next year. His defense is lacking, he doesn't move enough for a shooter...stands too much. Gets into foul trouble. Give it a year Doc!
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Agree that he should stay in college for one additional year. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics2008Champs. Show Celtics2008Champs's posts

If he stays in college he will FOR SURE be a top 5. I would take our chances this draft and get him if hes still there

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics2008Champs. Show Celtics2008Champs's posts

In Response to Re: Doc on EEI today: "Austin not doubt can score in NBA right now1":
    [QUOTE]Yeah ... The kid should come out early so he gets picked later and gets a smaller contract ... ECON 101 by Fierce, He knows basketball ... LOL
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

he might want to play for the celtics. Thats why Fierce said it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

On nbadraft.net they have taken Austin off of their most recent 2012 Mock Draft which was updated 1/18/12.

If Austin wasn't Doc's son, hardly anyone would know who he is.

He needs to become a pg immediately.
    He can't plan on being an NBA SG.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

[QUOTE]Fierce is wrong about Rivers ... C'mon mtrax ... You're kidding us.

No Wingnut, I am not kidding you.
    He is not going to declare for the draft to be a late 1st round pick at best.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Hahaha .... Right, Danny knows where the lottery balls will land and that Austin will be available at the C's pick so he let Brooks go ... Stick to grammar and knitpicking.

You are right.  If Austin does leave college their is no guarantee that he will be drafted by the Celtics.  It is impossible to determine where you will choose in the draft or who will be available. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Doc on EEI today: "Austin not doubt can score in NBA right now1" : Did the Lakers and Kobe have any regrets about the 13th pick of 1996?  You really think the Rivers family is all about the money? The 4th pick will get 3.7m in his rookie year. The 18th pick will get 1.48m. Unless Austin Rivers becomes the #1 pick in 2013 the salaries are not that far apart. And if Austin Rivers becomes an All-Star then the rookie contract wouldn't even matter because he'll get a big contract anyway.  That's just you not being smart. 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Times that $2.2m difference over the course of the rookie contract and it is a lot of money.

Austin is a play maker by nature. Duke has him playing SG which is hurting his value as an NBA player. He needs to be Duke's full time pg next year, then see if he is ready for the 2013 draft, which will probably be a yes.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts