Doc or Rondo must go!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Doc or Rondo must go!

I've seen enough, Doc's motivating words are falling on deaf ears and he cannot get this team to play to it's potential anymore.

The other issue is Rondo has taken over the team and Doc/Danny turned the team over to him too soon. He's not ready to be a leader. Sure he's the PG and he's an All Star but he has too many mood swings and it shows in the way he plays and the team plays.

I'm ready for a change...I doubt it will be either one of them but it's time to put people on the table. The only untouchable players in my mind are KG and AB. Everyone else should be on the table for deals to get this team younger, hungrier and more consistent.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Re: Doc or Rondo must go!

Well like I said it may not happen during this season but I would put a great deal of money on it that Doc steps down at the end of the season.

I like Rondo but this last winning and then losing streak really was it for me. We were playing good and then all of a sudden we lose to the Hornets, Bulls and Pistons...unbelievable. The Pistons loss was unexcusable, not that we lost but that the team looked like they wanted to watch the Pats/Ravens game instead of play their own game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I also think Doc's words of "shape up or ship out" was a direct message to Rondo, Bass, Terry and PP. The starters are not even playing like starters.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

I've seen enough, Doc's motivating words are falling on deaf ears and he cannot get this team to play to it's potential anymore.

The other issue is Rondo has taken over the team and Doc/Danny turned the team over to him too soon. He's not ready to be a leader. Sure he's the PG and he's an All Star but he has too many mood swings and it shows in the way he plays and the team plays.

I'm ready for a change...I doubt it will be either one of them but it's time to put people on the table. The only untouchable players in my mind are KG and AB. Everyone else should be on the table for deals to get this team younger, hungrier and more consistent.

KG?  Only because he has a no trade.  Sick of seeing 20 foot shots even though he shoot them well.  Sully is not in that talk either.  You don't trade away a 20 year old that is a walking double double without a play being called for him.

Please explain how Rondo has taken over the team.  Leader is vastly over rated.  Guys play and if they produce they are good players.  Captain is another over rated thing.  Productivity is what counts and Rondo leadership has nothing to do with Sully rebounding like a machine, PP missing shots,  etc.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I also think Doc's words of "shape up or ship out" was a direct message to Rondo, Bass, Terry and PP. The starters are not even playing like starters.

It may should have been intended for PP but I don't think it was.  Pierce has been rebounding well lately,  doing something while his shot is off.  Doc also said Pierce has been taking good shots, but would like to see him on the post more.  Not so sure it was pointed at Rondo either. I think it was Bass,and Terry mainly. Of course we will never know for sure, unless something big happens like putting someone on the bench,  or a trade.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

KG?  Only because he has a no trade.  Sick of seeing 20 foot shots even though he shoot them well.  Sully is not in that talk either.  You don't trade away a 20 year old that is a walking double double without a play being called for him.

Please explain how Rondo has taken over the team.  Leader is vastly over rated.  Guys play and if they produce they are good players.  Captain is another over rated thing.  Productivity is what counts and Rondo leadership has nothing to do with Sully rebounding like a machine, PP missing shots,  etc.

That's right because KG will not agree to a trade...he'll retire a Celtic.

Now, forget stats...they mean nothing if you don't win. Rondo's suspensions, Rondo's concern with getting an assist instead of making a basketball play (hence, passing up layups to make passes for a 20ft shot), not looking to score when it's obvious the team needs his scoring, his drop off in man to man defense (matador). It's been known that it's Rondo's team...where have you been?? Rondo is head strong and stubborn which has is a two-edged sword...but he isn't a leader.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Now, forget stats...they mean nothing if you don't win. Rondo's suspensions, Rondo's concern with getting an assist instead of making a basketball play (hence, passing up layups to make passes for a 20ft shot), not looking to score when it's obvious the team needs his scoring, his drop off in man to man defense (matador). It's been known that it's Rondo's team...where have you been?? Rondo is head strong and stubborn which has is a two-edged sword...but he isn't a leader.

What do you mean where have I been?  I have watched the same stuff. Where have you been?  Have you seen me saying how well Rondo has played somewhere?  I have posted the same stuff that is bolded numerous times. A long time ago as well.  Are you just now noticing these things?  They have been out there for quite a while now.

With that said,  Rondo is not junk either.  He has skill,  just doesn't fit our team any more.  He would fit great on Denver or a few other teams.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

On topic, between Doc and Rondo, Rondo goes. Imagine if we had Steph Curry instead (sweet dreams)...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to srinivasa's comment:

On topic, between Doc and Rondo, Rondo goes. Imagine if we had Steph Curry instead (sweet dreams)...

How many points do you think Steph would get if he was guarded like they guard Rondo? Probably 40 by half time!!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

In response to srinivasa's comment:

How many points do you think Steph would get if he was guarded like they guard Rondo? Probably 40 by half time!!

Thats exactly why we need a PG that can shoot.  Even as bad as PP has been shooting this year,  he draws a double team nearly ever time he gets the ball,  he only has 3 guys to pass the ball to that would look to score. Curry would be a household name right now if he played for this team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Come on guys, Steph Curry was the 7th pick of the 2009 Draft. Rondo's just a #21 pick.

I'd throw in Bradley and a pick too! Curry-Lee would be a great backcourt.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

What do you mean where have I been?  I have watched the same stuff. Where have you been?  Have you seen me saying how well Rondo has played somewhere?  I have posted the same stuff that is bolded numerous times. A long time ago as well.  Are you just now noticing these things?  They have been out there for quite a while now.

With that said,  Rondo is not junk either.  He has skill,  just doesn't fit our team any more.  He would fit great on Denver or a few other teams.

I stated "where have you been" because it's been told by Doc, PP and KG that they've relinquished leadership to Rondo. In your post it sounded like that wasn't the case.

No one is saying Rondo is junk but imagine guys like Doc, PP or KG not being around...Rondo would be acting like a chicken with his head cut off. For a young rebuilding team I don't see him as a leader. He's good on a veteran team that can keep him in line but his mood swings are so unpredictable that it would keep a young team unsettled. just my opinion.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

A very valid opinion birdlewsbias

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Doc is not the problem.  He leaves you will all be crying.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I don't get why Rondo is to blame if guys like KG and Pierce are letting him be the leader.

If Rondo is the leader and he is a bad leader that's on everyone. Not just him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

It may should have been intended for PP but I don't think it was.  Pierce has been rebounding well lately,  doing something while his shot is off.  Doc also said Pierce has been taking good shots, but would like to see him on the post more.  Not so sure it was pointed at Rondo either. I think it was Bass,and Terry mainly. Of course we will never know for sure, unless something big happens like putting someone on the bench,  or a trade.

Pierce is not the problem  Doc has been to war with him and has great respect for him.  Doc would redefine his role if he felt PP was being ineffective.  

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

I don't get why Rondo is to blame if guys like KG and Pierce are letting him be the leader.

+1

I mean come on, we all know Rondo's not consistent and he's not mature enough, so why force him to be the leader? 

To say Rondo is not consistent enough and not mature enough is to perfectly describe Rondo's problem going forward with the Celtics.  That is it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

+1

I mean come on, we all know Rondo's not consistent and he's not mature enough, so why force him to be the leader? 

To say Rondo is not consistent enough and not mature enough is to perfectly describe Rondo's problem going forward with the Celtics.  That is it.

+100

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

+1

+100

I agree.

So why is it his fault that the team has made him a leader?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

KG and Pierce should be the leaders.  Not Rondo. That goes without saying. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

+1

+100

I agree.

So why is it his fault that the team has made him a leader?

After his great performance in the playoffs last season they thought he was finally stepping up. Now they know he can't do it with is limitations and maturity level. The team has also dropped off.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

The coach told Rondo to be the leader.

R9R agreed.

Talk to the coach. It was his call.

Pud

Sections
Shortcuts